It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

October 1st and "Homeland Tours" NO DEPLOYMENT OCCURED

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by E-ville
The national guard should have never been sent to Iraq, and normal military active on USA soil is a outrage, even if there sitting back chugging beers not doing anything, if there active on USA soil that's a HUGE no no.

Where do you think the Regular Army goes when they're not in Iraq or Afghanistan?

link   

The national guard should have never been sent to Iraq, and normal military active on USA soil is a outrage, even if there sitting back chugging beers not doing anything, if there active on USA soil that's a HUGE no no.

Where do you think the Regular Army goes when they're not in Iraq or Afghanistan?

link   

link   

link   

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperViking

Perhaps you could explain the difference between this deployment www.wesh.com... and the homeland tour in Georgia.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperViking

Again SuperViking you are right, there are thousands of troops stationed all over the US, but none are tasked to operations here on US soil. I was a Military Policeman at Ft. Bragg, NC part of the Rapid Deployment Force, we were trained and billeted in the US but we were operational overseas. This is because the military is governed by the Posse Comitatus Act and the Insurrection Act, but wait our Commander and Chief changed that with out consent of the people and the institutions set up to prevent a dictator from taking power.

These soldiers under NORTHCOM are being trained in law enforcement techniques, they are being trained in law and order operations, and they are receiving Taser training.

I remember the oath I took to support and defend the Constitution of the US. Why do you think that is the first line in the oath?

The members on this board, who fear this, are students of history and see the parallels to past tyrants and individual who put their agenda ahead of the will of the people. We just don’t want to allow this to happen. Dictators have always come to power under the cover of protecting the citizens. Look at the rise of the NAZI’s, they started a little fire in a government building and that is all they needed to take control.

Rarely when rights are taken away are they ever given back.

Again the issue is that the Military is not needed to police the US. We have 100’s of thousands of dedicated law enforcement officers to do that. And when that fails we have millions of free men and woman armed ready to defend and take back our country if needed, as provided in the Constitution.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
So now we understand that the unit never deployed? Good.

So you're worried that the unit is training to respond to a domestic attack? Well...I can't agree.

But I'm glad we realized the unit never deployed and isn't going to be patrolling the streets, as several posters and threads claimed.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Kudos, SuperViking. The military does some weird and sometime non-sensical stuff, and every time something seemingly out of the ordinary comes up its a huge conspiracy.

For those of you who think that the National Guard is only used for domestic purposes, take a look at history- they were deployed in WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam, the Gulf War, and GWOT, as well as several small conflicts and foreign peace keeping missions. Pretty much everywhere the Regular Army went. If you say this is the first war where NG troops were deployed outside US soil, tell it to the National Guardsmen that were there on the Bataan Death March.

That said, the RA does all kinds of "homeland" work that most would say is NG business. Those Kansas tornadoes? I worked those. California wildfires? I was on 36 hour alert for most of the summer. When there is an issue and state troops can't cover it, federal troops will fill in. These "Homeland Tours" just formalize the concept. Its not "disinfo," its a combination of logic, SOP, and convenience.

The Army today cannot depoly a "medical unit" or a "transportation unit." Over the past few years we've reformatted into a modular concept. The idea was to make the smallest operational unit, the battalion, independently deployable and self-sustaining. The BN has medics, infantrymen, doctors, tankers, truck drivers, mechanics, intel dudes, cooks, supply guys, UAVs- everything you could think a unit would need to operate on its own. Its all organic. You can't deploy just the medics or just the truck drivers. Its a packaged deal. And believe it or not, infantrymen and tankers can do a lot more than pull triggers. Hell, most of us are paramedics.

I'm a tanker and I laugh at the idea of rolling tanks on US citizens. We don't even use them in Iraq anymore.

The Homeland Tour is nothing more than a means to give tired soldiers an opportunity to spend a little more time at home than they usually would, while at the same time alleviating some of the strain on the states that have temporarily federalized their national guard troops in the case of an emergency.

If the govt were planning on some offensive against US citizens, it would need a hell of a lot more than one brigade. What is 5000 soldiers against even a modest suburb?

As a soldier, when I am confronted with the concept of acting against other US citizens (always brought on by fellow ATS'ers) I always keep in mind that they are Consitiutionally allowed to own much bigger and better guns than I am allowed to use. Besides the moral abhorrence of attacking a fellow Citizen, I will always keep in mind my questionable tactical advantage.

The Homeland Tour Conspiracy is nothing more than overactive imaginations without military experience interpreting the normal goings-on of the US Army.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteOneActual
If the govt were planning on some offensive against US citizens, it would need a hell of a lot more than one brigade. What is 5000 soldiers against even a modest suburb?

And there we have the major flaw in all of the FEMA/Military/Martial Law ideas... There are simply not enough staff on the ground in the USA to manage anything substantial against the people.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
[And there we have the major flaw in all of the FEMA/Military/Martial Law ideas... There are simply not enough staff on the ground in the USA to manage anything substantial against the people.

I agree its a major flaw- a flaw with the theories about some possible offensive against the American people. The powers that be are smarter than many give them credit for. They're not going to lead off an attack with an inferior force. Even if they attacked with the whole military they'd make initial headway and then get bogged down fighting a "counterinsurgency" that would no doubt last generations. Even if they started the draft, there arn't even enough people qualified for service in the country to pull something like that off. I'd like to think we have too much fight in us to let something like that happen without giving them hell.

Just don't give up your guns.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteOneActual

Again I am not currently worried about a Hybrid Brigade and its effect on the current population. I am not worried about troops on all street corners tomorrow.

But I am worried about a unit being tasked to operations on US soil under a command structure dedicated to operations in the US. And more units will come on line under NORTCOM as time goes on.

I am also worried that the laws that govern the military have been thrown to the side. This is why I fear a military command and units specifically tasked with operations here in the US.

A quote by White One Actual “The Homeland Tour Conspiracy is nothing more than overactive imaginations without military experience interpreting the normal goings-on of the US Army.” A great number of members on ATS are veterans and have served their country/countries. For you to make such a general statement is rude and disrespectful to your fellow veterans. You might be a solider, but remember you will be discharged or retire someday and you will go back to being a Citizen.

America has been pulled away from the Constitution over the years. And we fail to listen to our founding fathers, the men who lived under a tyrant, the men whose families were killed by occupying armies, and the men whose property was seized for the state.

I live by the words of Benjamin Franklin “Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security.”

So take the Homeland Security Military Forces and let them do their jobs in a proper area of operation, where a Combat team is needed. It seems that we have attacked Syria so maybe we might want to send that combat team back to Iraq and protect that flank along the Syrian border.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jasestrong2
A quote by White One Actual “The Homeland Tour Conspiracy is nothing more than overactive imaginations without military experience interpreting the normal goings-on of the US Army.” A great number of members on ATS are veterans and have served their country/countries. For you to make such a general statement is rude and disrespectful to your fellow veterans. You might be a solider, but remember you will be discharged or retire someday and you will go back to being a Citizen.

I am aware of the reassuring numbers of veterans here on ATS. That quote wasn't a blanket statement. I'm not ignorant enough to think that I'm the only "level headed veteran" in the group. In fact, I originally commented on this thread to support a fellow veteran who was getting accused of being a "disinfo agent" for making an extremely valid point.

From the experience that I've had with responding to outlandish claims against the US Military, there has usually been another vet there before me making a similar point. We know that these things are ridiculous, because we've served. Things that totally fly in the face of the capabilities or general attitude of the US Military. I feel its well within my place as not only a combat veteran, but as a soldier that has and continues to serve in garrison for the better part of a decade, to put the reigns on some of these conspiracies. I know how the Army works. I live it daily.

The "overactive imaginations without military experience" are the ones that vigorously purvey these conspiracies. I have no problem with them being posted- its a conspiracy forum. I'll even give them consideration if I can find no logical or factual problems with their argument. But when I or another vet replies and explains the problems inherent in the conspiracy by drawing on our military experience and gets immeadiately dismissed as a "disinfo agent," that is disrespect. There is an extremely good possibility that we would know more about the subject than anyone on here. What do I have to gain by telling you that the Homeland Tours are just a reorganization of the OIF/OEF deployment structure designed to give soldiers a rest from combat while at the same time supporting states whose Guard soldiers are deployed? Nothing. I have info, I distribute info. You can take my word as an insider or you can spend the rest of your life waiting for the shock troops to show up on your corner.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by WhiteOneActual

I certainly hope I have never made an outlandish claim against any military memeber. I love you guys and count the many blessings military members offer each and every American citizen.

With that said I am very concerned with Bush' suspension Of Posse Comitatus. With the unpresedented use of Blackater and the like I fear the blurring of lines that have indeed protected citizens and troops alike from ever having to clash in American streets.

I do not think that mine or others thinking on this is conspiratorial, I think that we are paying close attention and are simply alarmed at the power that this administration has grabbed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join