It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian official calls for attack on UK

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Iranian official calls for attack on UK

www.jpost.com

Fearing a US strike on Iran during President George W. Bush's last months in office, a senior Iranian official has suggested the Islamic regime should target London to deter such an attack.

In an article on the Iranian Web site Aftab last week - translated by the Washington-based Middle East Media Research Institute - the head of the Europe and US Department in the Iranian Foreign Ministry, Wahid Karimi, said that an attack on London would deter the US from attacking Teheran.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
This is getting a bit stupid i think, first the US kinda back off from the strike iran scenario, now Iran seems like there begging to be hit.

First they were talking about a preemtive strike on Israel now this..

Its getting to boiling point now with febuary nuke thing.. I can see it kicking off real soon..

www.jpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Truther

Lol an attack on London will do exactly the opposite. USA and Israel will work this to be seen as the green light to Iraqifi Iran times ten over and more.

sty

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
so, if US would not attack, then Iran will find a way to make sure an attack happens? UK does not have the cash for a full scale attack on Iran, so all UK can do in this situation would be to nuke Iran. And the rest of the EU countries (28 in total) would help..
my opinion- whoever said this (reporter/newspaper) , he/she was on crack or something!

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I do not see anywhere in that article that Iran is calling for an attack on the UK. It says it is considering, "taking action," but that can mean any number of things from political to financial, and yes, possibly war. But there isn't even really a hint of attack toward the UK here.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   

In an article on the Iranian Web site Aftab last week - translated by the Washington-based Middle East Media Research Institute

Well that explains it. They probably said "London's a nice place to visit".

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sty

Couldn't afford to retaliate? The UK could always borrow the money for an attack on Iran from the banks.................

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
This is beyond stupidity, they have completely lost there minds.
If they think attacking London will deter any attack.
It will do nothing short of bring the total annihilation of Iran and anyone who supports there attack.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ninthaxis
I do not see anywhere in that article that Iran is calling for an attack on the UK. It says it is considering, "taking action," but that can mean any number of things from political to financial, and yes, possibly war. But there isn't even really a hint of attack toward the UK here.

Wahid Karimi, said that an attack on London would deter the US from attacking Teheran.

What you on about? are you blind? Or can you not read..

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Middle East Media Research Institute --- arnt these the ones responsible for the infamous wipe israel of the map fiasco??

the jerusalem post ..wow such an unbiased reputable source and has such a great reputation for never printing out right lies or stuff they made up on a lunch break

its like the sunday sport in the uk only instead of number 9 bus found on moon and loch ness monster caught they have iran says iran wants to front page day dreams

sty

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

o, i see they can borrow. But I do not see UK wasting money if ever attacked . UK still has a lot of nukes they can use, and yes this would "delete" Iran as nation..

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Given that the report comes from MEMRI, staffed by current and former MOSSAD, CIA and other alphabet agency types, I wouldn't put any trust in anything they say until it's confirmed from other more reliable sources.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Truther

I honestly missed that sentence, but thank you for so kindly pointing it out without bashing me
But I still hold to what I said. There is no call for attack, there is a call to action. Big difference.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Setting aside the credibility of the source for a moment, this doesn't make any sense. Attacking London would make the US much more likely to attack Tehran not least due to their NATO treaty obligations. It would be totally counter productive, using petrol to put out a fire.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sty

Just a joke about the banks who are the government who are the banks who lend to the government and round we go.......................bang bang bang Iran.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
It seems opium still has significant users in Tehran.

Secondly, our Prime Minister used the Terrorist Act to freeze assets in Iceland for refusing to secure British consumers deposits. I hate to think what Gordon would do to the Iranian Republic if state backed terrorist attacked London.

Still, British Persia has an interesting ring to it.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Propaganda. Consider the source. The Zionist Jerusalem Post who along with the crime family that heads Israel as been trying to get war with Iran for how long. Do you seriously think Iran would consider striking the UK. I mean really you cant believe this or maybe there are more Kool aid drinkers out there than I thought.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Isn't there something like 35,000-40,000 Iranians living in London alone? If this report is true, I wonder what they think of Wahid Karimi?

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir
Isn't there something like 35,000-40,000 Iranians living in London alone? If this report is true, I wonder what they think of Wahid Karimi?

Exactly. This is the same type of propaganda that says Iran wants to kill all the Jews like Hitler. Meanwhile 3% of Irans population is Jewish and they hold seats in their government. Its propaganda period.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Come on guys, start connecting the real dots. The Iranian leader is a very good friend of the Illuminati. Don't you see his job is to 'help' us make it easy to attack Iran, to 'help' us start another war? It's the same old game. Did you think his sneering grins, his suicidal nuclear programs, those constant provocations were because he'd be insane...? No, he's NOT. He's just comfyly doing his job.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join