It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why was this thread closed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hello I was just wondering why this thread was closed?

Thank you.

I thought there were some good observations there, and it didn't seem to me like any one was playing games, or did I miss something?

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Election threads are being trimmed due to the massive amount of political baiting on ATS.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Read the thread the MOD linked.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I didnt think there was any baiting there either. Infact it seemed to me that the people that were responding to the thread mostly agreed on what everyone had to say. This is a conspiracy site right? This doesnt seem right, he was using facts in his statements pulled from local coverage.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I thought it was a pretty interesting and insightful look into the human psyche
A look into deeper meanings as to why we favor a person.
The election doesn't have to be about who you are going to vote for, it can also be a window into what makes we humans tic.

That is what I was aiming for.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
me too but apparently our moderators dont think so

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Staff is reviewing, please stand by.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   

New threads in the Campaign 2008 forum must be based on published candidate platform items, either officially, or from recent interviews.

No new thread, in any ATS forum, shall be based on silly school-yard innuendo idiocy such as who had the baby, or what lipstick means.

No Innuendo or Rumor Threads regarding the candidates for the 2008 election will be allowed from this point forward in any of the ATS forums.

New Political Threads Must Be Fact-Based and initiated with an examination, analysis, or sober coverage of a candidate's or party's stated platform issue, either via official platform statements or recent interviews.

Ending The Game On ATS

Thread will remain closed.

Thanks,

Thread Closed.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I would imagine because the staff doesn't want to deal with a plethora of threads where the content basically boils down to Obama sucks! and McCain is great! or vice-versa.

Internet forums are not democracies, consider them as dictatorships and you'll be much closer to the truth. Whoever owns the site has absolute power to do as he/she/they please as regards content (except in cases where law prohibits certain types of content). While some sites may give you the opportunity to appeal in some way, regardless, the decision will be made by the site owner and their staff, based on their opinion of the matter. In this case the apparent decision from on high is that political wrangling of this sort is counterproductive to what they want their site to represent. I happen to agree with them, but that is also just my opinion.

Your options, as I see them are threefold.

1. Try to work within the framework of rules they have set forth.

2. Start your own forum with your own rules.

3. Find a forum that better matches your own ideals.

I've seen many share your frustration at threads/posts being removed/closed/censored, and want to know why it was done. They may even offer you an explanation as to how the decision on a particular matter was arrived at... or not. Either way, what it comes down to in the end is, it's their site, and that's how they want it.

Not that I'm trying to disparage you for making the inquiry either, quite the opposite actually. You believe in the threads relevance and are trying to defend it and I applaud your effort to do so. What I am saying is, whatever answer you receive (if any at all), no matter how nicely couched it is, will boil down to "Because this is our site, and that's how we want it".

Best regards and gl with quest for an explanation

new topics

top topics

join