It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arbusto, BCCI, and the Carlyle Group

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Hey guys, I'm new to the board and decided to post some information I've compiled on some of George Bush's strange connections.

The first is Arbusto Energy. In Midland, Texas, in 1977, George Bush founded the small oil company called "Arbusto Energy". Investors included some very sketchy characters, such as James R. Bath and Ghaith Pharon. James R. Bath, a former member of the Texas Air National guard with Bush, acted as the director as the BCCI bank. The BCCI bank was an international bank convicted of money laundering, drug smuggling, gun running, supporting terrorism and dictatorships, and many other despicable acts. Time magazine ran an expose on them:

www.time.com...

James Bath made an investment of $500,000 representing Salem Bin Laden, the brother of Osama Bin Laden. Like Bath, Salem was also involved in the BCCI bank. When Salem died in a plane crash, his assets in Arbusto passed to Khalid Bin Mahfouz, who was charged with funding al-Qaeda.

In 1982, Arbusto became "Bush Exploration", and in September 1984 it merged with the oil company "Spectrum 7". A year later, Spectrum 7 was bought by Harken Energy. One of the major investors in Harken was one Ghaith Pharon, who, like James R. Bath and Salem Bin Laden, was deeply involved in the BCCI bank. Furthermore, along with the above mentioned Khalid Bin Mahfouz, he was an investor in the Main Bank of Houston, Texas, the director of which was James R. Bath. By a strange plot twist, another investor was John Connally, of JFK assassination fame.

So through George Bush's oil company, we can find numerous ties to both the corrupt BCCI bank, and direct ties to the Bin Laden family and al-Qaeda. Even more connections become clear when you take a look at the Carlyle Group.

Carlyle is an investment firm based in Washington, D.C, which has employed a great deal of political figures. Both George Bush Sr. and Jr. have worked for them, as well as former Secretary of State James Baker II. Famed Canadian businessman Paul Desmarais worked for them, and his company (Power Corporation of Canada), through its subsidiary Total, made deals with Saddam Huessin for oil exploration. Demarasais also sat on the board of the Barrick Gold Corporation, founded by the arms dealer Adnan Khashoggi, who's first employer was the Bin Laden family. Khashoggi was involved in both Iran Contra and the BCCI bank, and to make the connections spookier, George Bush Sr. was also in the employ of the Barrick Gold Corporation.

One member of Carlyle was Shafig Bin Laden, brother of Osama and Salem. He was in a meeting with the Carlyle Group on the morning of September 11th, 2001! The connections go back even further, however. In 1994, on behalf of Carlyle Group, George Bush Jr. visited the Bin Laden family in their home in Saudi Arabia.

The Carlyle Group profited greatly from 9/11. It owns United Defense, with whom the army signed contracts for millions and millions of dollars during the War on Terror. Another company owned by the Carlyle group is Booz Allen Hamilton, a government contractor who has done work for both the DHS and the NSA in the post 9/11 years, making gigantic profits.

I'm going to continue digging into the murky world of the Carlyle Group.

[edit on 26-10-2008 by Someone336]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Keep digging ... even tho the skeletons in this closet are scaring me to death. I didn't realize what a tight group these uber rich NWO gangsters are.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Thanks for the reply. I agree, this backwards world where politics and economics collide with such criminal activity is frightening. I did some research into a view of the members of the Carlyle Group:

FRANK CARLUCCI
www.defenselink.mil...
United States Secretary of Defense 1987-89. He worked for the CIA in the early 1960s, and is the former director of Wackenhut. Wackenhut is a private security contractor that has long been suspected of being a CIA front. Former directors include Clarence M. Kelly, the former director of the FBI, and Bobby Ray Inman, the former director of the NSA. Carlucci also works for the RAND corporation, which has long been accused of being a huge part of the Military Industrial Complex, and is a member of the Project for a New American Century.

www.newamericancentury.org...

From Wiki:

The Project for the New American Century (PNAC) was an American neoconservative think tank based in Washington, D.C., co-founded in early 1997 as a non-profit educational organization by William Kristol and Robert Kagan. The PNAC's stated goal is "to promote American global leadership."[1] Fundamental to the PNAC are the views that "American leadership is both good for America and good for the world" and support for "a Reaganite policy of military strength and moral clarity."[2] It has exerted strong influence on high-level U.S. government officials in the administration of U.S President George W. Bush and strongly affected the George Bush administration's development of military and foreign policies, especially involving national security and the Iraq War.[3][4]

Hmm....

RANDAL QUARLES
Executive director of the IMF August 2001 - April 2002. Assistant Secretary of Treasury under George Bush.

ALLAN GOTLIEB
Member of the Trilateral Commission.

ARTHUR LEVITT
Chairman of the American Stock exchange in 1978. Chairman of the US Security and Exchange Commission 1993 - 2001. Named special advisor to AIG in 2005.

DAN SENOR
Member of the CFR.

DAVID M. MOFFET
Current CEO of Freddie Mac.

KARL OTTO POHL
Head of Bundesbank, member of the "Group of Thirty", which is "an international body of leading financiers and academics which aims to deepen understanding of economic and financial issues and to examine consequences of decisions made in the public and private sectors related to these issues." Majority of members of the G30, I've noticed, are members of IMF.

www.group30.org...

Also, this is worth looking at:

The 1001 Club - www.isgp.eu...

Salem Bin Laden was a member, as was Agha Hasan Abedi, who founded the BCCI bank. Other members include Nelson B. Hunt, a Texas oil man with ties to the Bush families, Lous Mortimer Bloomfield (founded Permindex, of JFK assassination fame), and the founder was Prince Bernard of the Netherlands, who is the man infamous for creating the Bilderberg conferences!

I am convinced that this nexus of these groups such as the Carlyle Group, the 1001 Club, BCCI, etc, are the real culprits behind 9/11. However, bigger things lurk behind the scenes, like Big Oil, the IMF, CFR, among others.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I came across some really interesting information while looking into Permindex. I noted that Nelson B. Hunt, an oil man with Bush family ties, was a member of the 1001 Club. Well, check this out:

The principal financiers of Permindex were a number of U.S. oil companies, H.L. Hunt, Clint Murchison, John De Menil, Solidarist director of Houston, John Connally, as executor of Sid Richardson estate, Haliburton [sic] Oil Co., Sen. Robert Kerr of Okla., Troy Post of Dallas, Lloyd Cobb of New Orleans, Dr. Oechner of New Orleans, George and Herman Brown of Brown & Root, Attorney Roy M. Cohn, Chairman of the Board for Lionel Corp., New York City, Schenley Industries of New York City, Walter Dornberger, ex-Nazi general and his company, Bell Aerospace, Pan American World Airways and its subsidiary, Intercontinental Hotel Corp., Paul Raigorodsky of Claiborne Oil of New Orleans, Credit Suisse of Canada, and Heineken's Brewery of Canada and a host of other munitions makers and NASA contractors directed by the Defense Industrial Security Command.

911review.org...

Not only is the Hunt family named as a financier of Permindex, but John Connally is also named, and he was an investor in the Main Bank of Houston with James R. Bath and Ghaith Pharon! But most importantly, Halliburton is also named a principle financier.

Permindex seems to have some kind of strange ties to Israel. One of the founders, Louis Mortimer Bloomfield, worked for the SOE, the OSS, and the FBI before co-founding Permindex. However, he also made frequent trips to Israel and became close friends with David Ben Gurion. He was a member of the 1001 Club with Tibor Rosenbaum, who was a Mossad agent. Along with Edmond de Rothschild, he set up the BCI bank in Switzerland, which was a forerunner to the BCCI bank.

Rosenbaum and his BCI directors laundered illegal drug and gambling money from mafia boss Meyer Lansky by investing it in real estate. Through the BCI Mossad and Permindex operations were financed and reportedly Rosenbaum was a significant stakeholder in Permindex. In the early 1960s, the BCI bought a significant stake in Henry Luce's Time Life. Permindex has been the main suspect of having coordinated the 1963 JFK murder. Edmond de Rothschild introduced Rosenbaum to Bernhard in the mid-1960s. In 1970 Bernhard invited Rosenbaum into the 1001 Club, but after Rosenbaum got in trouble for having embezzled money of the BCI, Bernhard had to expel him again. This happened in 1973-1974. In 1974, Prince Bernhard sold his Castle Warmelo to the Evlyma Trust in Liechtenstein, a subsidiary of Tibor Rosenbaum's BCI. The Trust was managed by 1001 Club member Herbert Batliner, a person later linked to laudering funds for Marcos, Mobutu, Escobar, and Helmut Kohl.

www.isgp.eu...

Meyer Lansky was the head of the Jewish Mafia in New York City, and 1001 Club members who had ties to him included Robert Vesco, a CIA agent and banker with ties to Prince Bernard of the Netherlands, Daniel K. Ludwig, founder of National Bulk Carriers and Bohemian Grove participant, and the above mentioned Tibor Rosenbaum

I think the connection between Permindex and Halliburton is very telling, but I'm not sure what to make of some of the other connections that the 1001 Club has to offer.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Nice comprehensive post. It seems to me that all these mysterious "coincindences" cannot be brushed off as chance. Keep up the good work!

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
So I was looking into another member of the Carlyle Group, Canadian public servent Alan Gotlieb. First of all, his wife, Sondra Gotlieb was a member of Hollinger Inc, the Canadian parent company of the Sun-Times Media Group. Check out how many newspapers the Sun-Times Media Group owns:

en.wikipedia.org...

Hollinger, which has on its Board of Directors Evelyn Rothschild, was created by Canadian globalist Conrad Black, a close friend of Henry Kissinger. The two worked for an organization called National Interest, and also a company called Trireme Partner LLP.

Trireme, set up two months after 9/11, is a venture capital company that invests in technology, goods, and services related to Homeland Security and defense. It argued that the fear of terrorism would increase the demand for such products in Europe and in countries like Saudi Arabia and Singapore. Richard Perle (good friend of former Cercle chairman Brian Crozer) is the company's managing partner, with another partner being Gerald Hillman, a friend of Perle.

The above mentioned Richard Perle was a strong advocate of the Iraq War whose influence over the Bush administration had been described as "insidious." He is also a close friend of the aforementioned arms dealer Adnan Khashoggi, who not only has ties to the Bushes and Bin Ladens, but worked with BCCI in the Iran-Contra scandal. I also learned that Conrad Black was a member of the 1001 Club and a Bilderberg participant! I also discovered that one of the directors of Hollinger was a friend of the Rothschilds and Rockefellers by the name of Paul Volcker. Volcker is a member of the Pilgrims Society, chairman of the Federal Reserve and member of a mysterious group called Le Cercle. What is Le Cercle?

Le Cercle is a secretive, privately-funded and transnational discussion group which regularly meets in different parts of the world. It is attended by a mixture of politicians, ambassadors, bankers, shady businessmen, oil experts, editors, publishers, military officers and intelligence agents, which may or may not have retired from their official functions. The participants come from western or western-oriented countries. Many important members tend to be affiliated with the aristocratic circles in London or obscure elements within the Vatican, and accusations of links to fascism and Synarchism are anything but uncommon in this milieu.

www.isgp.eu...

The seems to be a significant overlap between Le Cercle members and that of the 1001 Club. Furthermore, Paul Volcker worked for the Barrick Gold Corporation that I mentioned earlier, with its connections to the 1001, the Bin Ladens, and the Bush family!

Going back to Allan Gotlieb, who was a director of the Trilateral Commission, I also learned he is a stronger supporter of the concept of a North American Union. On September 11th, 2002, he wrote an article entitled "Why Not A Grand Bargain With the United States?", in which he presents the idea of a partnership between the US and Canada. It can be read here:

www.canada.com...

The opening paragraph reads:

One year after 9/11, leading commentators have weighed in on how this country should reinvent itself to meet the challenges of the international war on terrorism and our changing relationship with the United States. The following essays are the last in our five-part series.

[edit on 29-10-2008 by Someone336]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Check this out: Zbigniew Brzezinski was a member of Hollinger. Brzezinski was responsible for the initial founding and training of the mujaheddin to draw the USSR into "their own Vietnam War." Look at these quotes from him:

"This regionalization is in keeping with the Tri-Lateral Plan which calls for a gradual convergence of East and West, ultimately leading toward the goal of one world government. National sovereignty is no longer a viable concept."

"Moreover, as America becomes an increasingly multi-cultural society, we may find it more difficult to fashion a consensus on foreign policy issues, except in the circumstance of a truly massive and widely perceived direct external threat."

Brzezinski was also an associate, during the Cold War, of Jan Nowak-Jezioranski, the head of the Polish division of Radio Free Europe. Radio Free Europe was a CIA funded operation run by former Nazi spymaster Reinhard Gehlen, a member of the above mentioned Le Cercle. His partner was J. Peter Grace, a member of the 1001 Club.

Paul Volcker, Brzezinski, and Kissinger all sat on the board of Hollinger. They all also sat on the board of the RAND Corporation, which is a

a nonprofit global policy think tank first formed to offer research and analysis to the United States armed forces. The organization has since expanded to working with other governments, private foundations, international organizations, and commercial organizations. It is known for rigorous, often-quantitative, and non-partisan[2] analysis and policy recommendations

en.wikipedia.org...

Members of RAND also include Frank Carlucci, who is part of the Carlyle Group, Donald Rumsfeild, and Condoleeza Rice. It was rumoured that in 1972, Richard Nixon enlisted RAND to see what the ramifications of canceling the elections, though RAND denies this.

Though the connections between people and organizations branches out further and further, we keep getting direct ties back to Bush administration and the War on Terror. By seeing the overlaps, I believe we can identify the groups of people who are truly responsible for 9/11.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Have you taken a look at the website run by self-styled forensic economist, David Hawkins?

www.hawkscafe.com...

There are linked radio interviews on the site making some very unusual allegations about 9/11 and a list of "not the usual suspects" who might be behind it, including some very prominent Canadians.

I have trouble taking the allegations seriously, but there may be an element of truth circulating in the fantasy. It makes very interesting listening to hear Hawkins go on. Names like Paul Martin and Frank McKenna are mentioned.

McKenna is a Bilderberger ornament who has just recently, for the second time, passed up an opportunity to seek the Liberal party leadership. It was shocking to me personally when he didn't seek the party leadership at the last leadership convention, following the election defeat of then Prime Minister Paul Martin and his subsequent resignation from the leadership of the party.

You have to know Canadian politics, but at the time he was the obvious choice, the strongest contender with an impressive record as a provincial premier (like a state governor in the US). He just refused to contend at the time. And now he has done it again, saying that he is not prepared to give the job the time it would demand. I always wondered what they had on him, to control him like that, and then I found out that he was connected to the Bilderburgers.

This all interesting stuff. Someone should publish a forensic who's who of the world oligarchy.

[edit on 30-10-2008 by ipsedixit]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
www.sec.gov...

The above indicates that the Carlyle Group maintains accounts with the notorious Clearstream bank.

Jump to: navigation, search

Clearstream Banking S.A. (CB) is the clearing division of Deutsche Börse, based in Luxembourg.

It was created in January 2000 through the merger of Cedel International and Deutsche Börse Clearing, part of the Deutsche Börse Group, which owns the Frankfurt Stock Exchange. Cedel, established in 1971, specialized in clearance and settlement. In 1996 it obtained a bank license. In July 2002 Deutsche Börse purchased the remaining 50% of Clearstream International for €1.6 billion. Deutsche Börse's strategy is to be a vertical securities silo, providing facilities for the front and back ends of securities trading. By 2004 Clearstream contributed €114 million to Deutsche Börse's total Earnings Before Interest and Taxes (EBIT) of €452.6 million. It handled 50 million transactions, and was custodian of securities worth € 7,593 trillion.

In Révélation$ (2001), by investigative reporter Denis Robert and ex-Clearstream banker Ernest Backes, Clearstream was accused of being an international platform for money laundering and tax evasion via an illegal system of secret accounts (the "Clearstream Affair").

en.wikipedia.org...-56

Not surprisingly, the BCCI maintained accounts with Clearstream, thus linking it back to Iran-Contra and the other multitudes of shady dealings that this bank was implicated in, including funding al-Qaeda.

Clearstream has its own history of corruption:

Kremlingate: The Bank Menatap held accounts with Clearstream. This bank diverted some $4.8Billion IMF funds. www.nationmaster.com...

Banco Ambrosiano held an account with Clearstream. This main Vatican bank was under the control of the renegade P2 Masonic lodge. From CIA man Richard Brenneke:

"The P2 was involved in the operation for which I ended up in court, that is the delay in the liberation of the American hostages in Iran in 1980" (known as "October surprise").

October Surprise:

Ernest Backes [Clearstream employee] also indicated in Révélation$ that he was in charge of the transfer of $7 million from Chase Manhattan Bank and Citibank, on January 16, 1980, to pay for the liberation of the American hostages held in Tehran's embassy (Iran). He gave copies of files that he asserted shed new light on the October surprise conspiracy to the French National Assembly.

And here's the big kicker:

Could the country risk another scandal as with Bahrain International Bank, who transmitted funds through non-published accounts of Clearstream, the clearing division of Deutsche Bank? At the time it was considered as one of Luxembourg's major financial scandal.

www.cafebabel.com...

Based in Luxembourg, Clearstream, "a bank of banks" which practice "financial clearing", centralizing debit and credit operations for hundreds of banks, has been accused of being a major operator of the underground economy via a system of un-published accounts; Bahrain International Bank, owned by Osama bin Laden, would have profited from these transfer facilities.

www.solarnavigator.net...

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

posted by wayno
Keep digging ... even tho the skeletons in this closet are scaring me to death. I didn't realize what a tight group these uber rich NWO gangsters are.

The Bush Crime Family is the most criminal, most corrupt this nation has ever produced, from the Bush/Walker traitors of WW2 to the Silverado scam artist Neil Bush to the shadowy Mafiosi brother Marvin Bush to the ex-CIA Director Crime Family Don GHW Bush to that scumbag dry drunk drug addict in the White House who is ruining our nation. The 9-11 INSIDE JOB Attack on America is only the tip of the iceberg on what these treacherous cretins are capable of.

Unfortunately boob tube addicted Americans are so easy to victimize for these polished professional criminals. Of course the entire DemoPublican Party is filled with career criminals and corrupt political hacks. The newcomer political idealists really don't stand a chance until the American majority comes to their aid. Wake up America and look around. It is the future of your children and grandchildren which is at stake here.

new topics

top topics

join