It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Products (items/goods) and Services you will refuse always:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
What are they? Or what brandname or named company are they if it's just a brandname or specific named company refusal thing? And what is your reason behind refusing them in any way, shape, or form? And also, do you refuse using them and/or paying for them?

O yeah, if there is any store or building you refuse going into, then add that also.

Lets see what you are knowingly boycotting and black listing with reason. Hey, maybe your resourceful reason may become another's reason to jump on the bandwagon.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Can this list include politics?? Just kidding...sort of.

I refuse to go to Star Bucks...over priced.

I refuse to go to Super Store - filthy( as in unclean) and IMO a rip off.

I refuse to shop at "trendy" places - overpriced and there's always a question of where the items actually come from.

I don't buy certain brands of meat - the producers of Maple Leaf for one...there were a lot of reports in Calgary during the late 80's and early 90's of some really serious health and animal welfare breaches. Not all reports were substantiated at the time (I was younger) but it stuck with me.

I don't deal with any branch of Citi bank or their affilations. Blood suckers. I ahve actively refused to promote their store brand card where I work...very nearly cost me my job...but they promote this card to people who truly should not and otherwise could not get a card and the credit limits they give are ridiculously high at 28% interest...I talk people out of them as often as possible

it's actually a long list I hadn't realized how picky I am...weather for political, financial or emotional reasons I suppose there are a lot of things and services etc I could add...

good post and if I inadvertently kill it I am quite sorry.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
If they sell it (any company) boycott it ...go out behind any store and dig through the dumpster to get your food or go out at night and pick up a couple of worms (I know gross) but its food who cares where it comes from as long as I eat I live, everything else on the planet is junk and when we can wake up 70000000 people, They will realize this too.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
add Bank of america.........promoted and offered accounts and home loans to those with only TIN's (tax identification numbers) rather than SSN's.

Absolute and pure corporate greed....now, those loans are defaulting and the debtors cannot be found.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Foodland grocery store. I had asked them to order more sausage because they were out and when it did come in they jacked the price from 1.79 to 3.05. It has now been marked down to 2.50 but I wouldn't buy it now for .99

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I go where ever I decide. lol

Ok.

I cannot think of any place I refuse to go.

I love Starbucks. Although I do not go very much.

I love fur, hunting, trapping, so I am not PC.

I love Cindy in the B 52's. ( hey Cindy)

I love military....sorry.

I love the counter culture and I am amazed at some of the ideas.

OKOKOK

I hate when women are demeaned, I hate it!!!

I hate when people adore the rich although I understand biosurvival.

I hate when people demean God, or Christ or any other sacred figure although I fully understand the hatred.

I hate when people demean science, though very rare in most circles, I understand.

I hate when men are demeaned, as they are raised to be a paradox.

I hate lies although I understand that when I read this in the future some of the above may not be factual although right here, right now ,it is.

i will go where i will.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I'd have to say, any candy or food made in China or without stating where they were originated. I hear a lot of ppl getting ill is why.

I'd also have to say, any airline I will not buy anything from since I know so much can go wrong with an airplane in what all it depends on. And so I refuse any airport I will not use myself.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I stopped buying coffee at Tim Hortons, because it is so; the 'Canadian Icon' people always go, so they charge outrageous prices and their donuts are baked now, not fried, and they are much smaller now, boy, did the chocolate cruller ever devolve into a tiny turd of a thing!

Not only that, but the sandwiches they sell, they don't have onions for them, what the hell is THAT, a sandwich with no onions?!?
I'll go to subway instead. Thank You!

People keep going though, because here it is like tradition, but when they take advantage of that, jack the prices, shrink their products, because people will still come, and are prejudiced against onion lovers, that's where I draw the line!

I'll go to Robins to get Donuts, they are fried, and BIG!

PS, Tim's ain't even Canadian owned anymore, Wendy's owns them.
BUT, I really do love Wendy's chili, but their burgers are really bland and a lot of them lack onions!

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Circuit City.

Won't walk through the doors. They decided a couple of years ago to get rid of their current staff and replace them with lower paid people.

I will no longer do business with them. 'Course, they're withering on the vine as we speak.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I don't buy anything that's advertised on TV (or any other mainstream media). Those companies products are either toxic or designed to rip off the consumer. Anything that's being PUSHED through mainstream media makes me suspicious (that includes both presidential candidates).

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I see that I am out of step with you all.

I have my feelings about China...always have....it seems that we look to far away from our family...the Chinese never do.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by habu71
add Bank of america.........promoted and offered accounts and home loans to those with only TIN's (tax identification numbers) rather than SSN's.

Absolute and pure corporate greed....now, those loans are defaulting and the debtors cannot be found.

Bank of america. Credit card wise they post bills being paid late even though they arrive on time. Caught them in a bad lie several times they said payment was posted on a Sunday when the bank isn't even open on Sundays and I was 1 day late with the payment because of it.

Did same thing to my sister. Been involved in 7 class action lawsuits against them and won every time.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
i have to say starbucks.. too expensive,, and a prticular store in NYC was in hot water for selling cases of water to rescuers at the WTC for 100 a case

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I think this is an important thread.

I am simply trying to say that we are very, very blessed.

To say that I will not go to a place gives me a boundry that I may have to pass.

Or not.

I have found that setting limits to my morality, in the sense of "never", may not be the best choice.

Solomon said everything has its place, time and season.

The banks may be out of season, as may other things, but do not let that stop your choice.

Good thread...sorry to be a stick in the mud.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Foods with Aspratame, KFC ( almost killed me with food poison), pre-packaged meals or frozen dinners, SOny producs (cause of what they did to SWG), plastics that bleed chemicals, I try to avoid MSG wherever possible but I love cool ranch doritos to much to give them up 100%, fishing lures made with lead, energy drinks and I also try to avoid as much CHinese producs as possible.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund
I stopped buying coffee at Tim Hortons, because it is so; the 'Canadian Icon' people always go, so they charge outrageous prices and their donuts are baked now, not fried, and they are much smaller now, boy, did the chocolate cruller ever devolve into a tiny turd of a thing!

Not only that, but the sandwiches they sell, they don't have onions for them, what the hell is THAT, a sandwich with no onions?!?
I'll go to subway instead. Thank You!

People keep going though, because here it is like tradition, but when they take advantage of that, jack the prices, shrink their products, because people will still come, and are prejudiced against onion lovers, that's where I draw the line!

I'll go to Robins to get Donuts, they are fried, and BIG!

PS, Tim's ain't even Canadian owned anymore, Wendy's owns them.
BUT, I really do love Wendy's chili, but their burgers are really bland and a lot of them lack onions!

LOL! Toadmund, seems you have an onion fetish...LMAO! Sorry, but I just found that hilarious. Yeah, I have to agree, I don't know what it is about people here and Tim Hortons. My folks recently visited from SA, and after a few days, they made the remark, "what is it with this Tim Hirtons? Every 2nd Canadian is walking around with a coffee cup?"

I tried to explain it, but even I was unable to. As for me, I also try my utmost not to buy Chinese made products. Another thing I had to try explain to them. I could only find 1 - YES 1!! Souvenir at Niagara Falls that I Liked that was not made in China.

Really pissed me off. You would think that the Canadian government would only want "Made in Canada" products at this venue - I mean for the love of God, this is a major Canadian toursit destination, I'd think they'd want to keep it 'authentic' as such.

Grates my B*lls!

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I buy nothing unless it is absolutely necessary. I never buy clothes, makeup, books, movies, or new technology. That stuff is leisure stuff that is unnecessary. I am a minor though and don't really get to make many purchasing choices yet as to the necessaries. But when I am able though, I will choose to buy local or natural or will just grow my own food. I don't think I would buy much else though at least, I'm not planning on it. I don't even want to own a car, I want to be self sufficient. Anyways, I refuse to buy meat of any brand, because of the treatment of animals. I refuse to buy junk food of any brand because it is addictive yet horrible for your health. I refuse to buy milk because of all the things they put in it...I don't refuse buying a cow or goat though. I will usually refuse to buy anything that I believe will be more harmful to a person or animal who has to produce it, than it will be beneficial to me, which is almost all of the time, considering that most of the stuff for sale is made in China or India or some place equal to such. Sorry, can't think of any brand names that stick out...they are pretty much the same. However, sometimes you do have to buy some things I realize to live.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
E harmony.com. "We can find your mate!" BULL *BLEEP!* I went thru their 30 minutes of "On a scale of 1-10 with 1 being least like you" questions, keyed in who I wanted- selected 'Worldwide" and got back.....

"You fall in the small percentage of people whom we cant find a mate for!"

I always KNEW I was an alien- but geeze- E Hucksterme cant even help me find my own kind?!

top topics

join