It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nicotine and Fluoride link

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
This is disturbing to say the least. My father is an environmental chemist and I voiced my concerns about fluoride to him, but he assured me that the type of fluoride in public drinking water supplies breaks down in the human body.

Frankly, I still don't believe him. I am a nervous wreck, on edge, always under stress (although I shouldn't be), and have trouble sleeping. I'm a mild mannered guy, so this doesn't make any sense to me.

If I stopped drinking fluorinated water, would I see any improvements, this routine is getting old fast. I'm tired of being stressed and on edge all the time, and the trouble getting asleep and having a good night's sleep has been absolutely atrocious.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JipStix

I was told by a water filter company that the only real way to get rid of this stuff in your water is reverse osmosis filtration. Sams has a pretty cheap system that may do the trick. I wanted to get it out of my shower water but those filters are expensive and from what I understand restrict the water pressure a great deal. I have a filter on my shower but it does not filter fluoride.

But I think I read somewhere that the damage caused by the fluoride can not be reversed. so basically if you have ever had a glass of water you are screwed.

I will tell you that I use to take zoloft for several things... I am now off of it and i feel much better than I did before I was on it. It may have something to do with the non fluoride toothpaste and aluminum free deodorant I use.

It could very well be all in my mind too

[edit on 26-10-2008 by YourNuts]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Sounds to me as if our own leaders and governments have declared a covert war against Humans, in which they're destroying who and what we are from all sides, and we're all falling for it by not caring much.

If Humans are extinct in the near future, it's because of our inability to take action against these pieces of **** in the modern world, and we'd have fully deserved it, for if you want a better future, you'd better be damned ready to fight for it. Flouride makes people "docile"? Looks as though they've already accomplished that, here in the West, as well as the rest of the world, since non-western populations already want to emulate us in every way, and this is what we're allowing them to learn..

And JipStix - I've read that you can never completely remove all of it that has accumulated in your body over the years, but you can remove 99% of it by not taking/drinking anything that contains Flouride, and let the body do the rest. There is nothing that I'm aware of that breaks down Flouride, but if you filter it out of your life, your body is more than capable of sorting the problem out itself.

Oh yes, and get "Aspartame" out of your diet too, that stuff is no good for you either. Maybe a new thread should be started for chemicals to avoid, including ways to remove them from our diet/break them down in our bodies, so us lot at least can avoid them like the plague?

[edit on 26-10-2008 by JasonT]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by JipStix
This is disturbing to say the least. My father is an environmental chemist and I voiced my concerns about fluoride to him, but he assured me that the type of fluoride in public drinking water supplies breaks down in the human body.

"The E.P.A. should act immediately to protect the public on the evidence of bone fractures, arthritis, mutagenicity and other effects due to fluoridization of water supplies." - Dr. William Marcus, Senior Toxicologist at Environmental Protection Agency

"I am appalled at the prospect of using water as a vehicle for drugs. Fluoride is a corrosive poison that will produce serious effects on a long range basis. Any attempt to use water this way is deplorable."
- Dr. Charles Gordon Heyd, former President of the American Medical Association

-The fluoride used for water fluoridation does not have FDA approval and is considered by the FDA as an "unapproved drug".Research shows fluoridation is unnecessary since we're already receiving 300% or more of the American Dental Association's recommended daily amount.
-American Medical Association

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I checked up on nicotine on Wikipedia - apparently, smoking interferes with the development of some breast cancer, Kaposi's sarcoma and some others. So i guess smoking is indeed, a win some, lose some situation.

Of course, as any good politician can tell you, you tell the people what they want to hear to buy their voices; when it comes to their subservience, tell them the negatives concerning what could potentially guard them from unconscious slavery, while telling them the positives concerning that which could enslave them.

Does anyone know if nicotinamide is related to, or a derivative of, nicotine? The multivitamins we use, contain it; some up to 20 mg.

This thread is quite revealing: now add to it, that alcohol is still freely available, happily wrecking lives and friendships and jobs and families and bank accounts and self control and.... then the conspiracy behind the anti-tobacco, pro-fluoride advertising looks set.

[edit on 26-10-2008 by J.Smit]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JipStix

Just recalled: i asked our doctor where i could buy flouride-free toothpaste. When he asked me why, i mentioned to him some of the facts, found all-over the .net.

His reply was -*"amusing"*- : we need a little flouride in our bodies.

And i thought, yes sir, like your car needs to be tapped with a hammer once a day.

And since i started using fluoride free toothpaste, i get less headaches. (Of course, less coffee drinking also helped... and guess what? Fluoride apparently gets added to coffee also - just in case you thought you're going to outsmart "them")

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Nicotinamide is not related to Nicotine, but is related to Niacin.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Where I am about to move and my girlfriend has lived her whole life in Exshaw ALberta they are actually trying to force flouridated water on the town! The people I have talked to especially her parents are really involved and have been fighting it tooth and nail for a few years from what I was told. I have also drank the water they currently get and guess what ITS THE CLEANEST WATER I HAVE EVER DRANK! Its a glacier fed creek system thats all underground and the water has next to 0 particulates that I would normally see floating around in treated water!

Why the heck would the government be fighting to spend money to force people to drink water pumped with chlorine and flouride? Most people just laugh and assume I am excentric when I bad mouth flouride but I am glad to hear the same views from people who also do not want flouridated water. It looks like in 2010 they will have to comply and have a water treatment facility installed , which by the way if not monitored and tested regularly can cause deaths like the Walkerton tragedy I remember when livcin in Ontario.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
The forced use of fluoride has been a sore subject for me for many years...

Our (my town) tap water contains fluoride...yet, my son has multiple cavities, but my daughter has none...I had multiple cavities as a child, my wife? None...

So, IMO, tooth decay is most likely related to genetics, not the touted benefits of fluoride...

I went to the dentist recently for a cleaning and was offered a "fluoride" treatment for $30.00...A tiny cup filled with, I guess, pure fluoride...I passed...

Someone mentioned earlier in this thread that local politicians drink the water in THEIR towns...Of course they do...they aren't in the know regarding the detrimental effects of fluoride (it is a much bigger conspiracy which doesn't involve them as they are too far down the food chain), and they probably don't even think about it as they use the water to brew their coffee in the morning...

I once read, but cannot provide the source article, as I couldn't find it, that the reason fluoride is added to our water supply is because it is toxic, the dumps don't want it, so the major corporations (like Alcoa) pushed Congress to add it to drinking water, as the water would pass through our bodies and end up in the sewers anyway...

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by beefragafragious
WHY DO MOST DOCTORS SMOKE .

New York Times Article - Source of quote.

Through lung cancer, heart disease and chronic lung disease, experts say, cigarettes are implicated in 350,000 deaths each year - one out of every six in the United States. But while the percentage of adult American smokers has dropped from 55 to about 30 (and to less than 17 percent of physicians) researchers have found that many of those who are still puffing do not even want to stop.

It would seem that in the United States they don't. I did find information that it is a problem with Chinese MD's, around 40% I believe.

You seem to be trying to justify smoking for some reason. Perhaps to justify your own smoking?

I'm in the middle of quiting right now. It's hard, but I think I'll succeed this time.

What I would like to see about fluoride is genuine published studies from recognized sources like "Nature" or "JAMA". So much of the other stuff from the Internet is pure garbage espoused by people with agenda's. Only properly conducted published, peer reviewed studies are of any value whatsoever. Everything else is just wasting space on the Internet.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JipStix

Your Father is qualified so why listen to people who are not? Lots of bad information on the Internet. Much of it posted by paranoid people.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattguy404
The concentration in tap water, I think, is along the lines of 2 part per million, and that's the limit for normal fluoridation.

The smaller concentrations just prolong the inevitable

Fluoride bypasses the blood brain barrier and accumulates in the brain.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Have you seen the information on fluorides calcifying affects on the pineal gland?

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
This is a decent article...

www.worldnetdaily.com...

Remember that "lead" was used in paint until it was discovered that lead had adverse effects on children who consumed it from eating the paint that had flaked off of the walls and windowsills...we were told that it was "non-toxic"...

Also, asbestos was considered safe...but, we now know many people who are dying from "asbestosis"...the medical community had no comment until cases started showing up...

The medical community is not the "final authority, nor best authority" to rely on regarding poisons we consume....Especially since many of us are consuming enormous amounts of anti-depressants, stmulants for ADHD, tranquilizers to sleep, etc...

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

Originally posted by mattguy404
The concentration in tap water, I think, is along the lines of 2 part per million, and that's the limit for normal fluoridation.

The smaller concentrations just prolong the inevitable

Right. Also, in order for fluoride to do its *literally* mind-numbing job, it must be put into the body in small amounts over long periods of time. Too much at once will cause a host of extra problems, including fluorosis and death.

[edit on 10/26/2008 by iceofspades]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

Have you seen the information on fluorides calcifying affects on the pineal gland?

Yes, but from sources I don't trust. Do you have a link to a valid study?

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Here's a valid study: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

--From a government record (valid enough?)

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by swdecord

The medical community is not the "final authority, nor best authority" to rely on regarding poisons we consume....Especially since many of us are consuming enormous amounts of anti-depressants, stmulants for ADHD, tranquilizers to sleep, etc...

I disagree. It is the best authority. How can people who have no medical training possibly be good sources of information. That is just nonsense. Every time I look into some of these quacks, I find they earned their title from some phony school in Denver or online through a 18 month course of some sort. Imagine that, a Phd in 18 months. They call themselves Doctors of Divinity. Must be profitable or they would not do it. Another common thing you find is they are licensed in a country they don't live in or have a degeree but are not licensed for some reason you can not find.

I have an ex-employee / Friend who is dying in Chicago right now from a controllable disease. He has developed a phobia of doctors and medication from listening to C2C and Rense. These quacks are murdering this man by using his fears to clean his wallet. He goes to the hospital nearly dead, they get him stable and feeling normal, he goes home and starts listening to this crap, he ends up back in the hospital nearly dead because he won't take his medications.

Show me peer reviewed studies and I'll listen. Otherwise its just garbage to sell tapes and books or products from Con-Men.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by iceofspades

Thank you, that is the sort of thing I'm looking for. I don't dispute that many of these things could be true. I'm just turned off by the seemingly endless supply of confidence persons in the pseudo-health industry who may well be causing deaths and suffering themselves.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
This is a very interesting topic, what I find hard to believe is that there isn't more media coverage on this as it has been in question for some time and then dies out from lack of concern ????

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join