It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Voters Predominantly Democratic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I have seen so many people all over the internet and here as well spouting off nonsense that black people are voting for Obama merely because he is black. Well I have a bit of a wake up call for those who so blindly subscribe to this theory.

If you take some time to do some research (Google, it really is a nice little tool) you will find that throughout out history black voters have, for the most part, always been predominantly democrats and therefore vote primarily for the democratic candidate.

Here are a couple articles for you to peruse.

racism-politics.suite101.com...

polysigh.blogspot.com...

If that isn't enough for you try have a crack at putting in some keywords into Google and see what you find for yourself.

I know that some people are so shallow to vote for a person only because a given candidate has the same skin color as them but I really don't think that these people will have such a huge sway on the outcome.

Either way, I just thought I would post this up for anybody who might be interested in learning something.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
If this is the case, then may I ask a simple question? Why would Blacks be primarily Democratic before 1965. Until that time, Democrats fought and defeated every civil rights action brought before them. It took Lyndon Johnson to reinvent the Democratic party and change to focus of the Democrats.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

Did you even read the article's? Surely you will get your answers.

Perhaps I should have been more clear as well, however I did post the articles for a reason.

EDIT: Ok Apparently my history and math skills aren't up to par but the point still stands from 1964 on.

[edit on 25-10-2008 by AnOldFriend]

new topics

join