It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Confessions of a Conspiracy Theorist"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I thought this was a great article in defense of CT. Worth the click to read.

If nothing else, it reminds me of how glad I am that I found ATS. Maybe, after the election, we can get back to basics.

www.dissidentvoice.org...

Over the past few decades, the CIA controlled mainstream media in America has achieved a significant PR objective: they have made it socially unacceptable to believe that there is a conspiracy operating at the highest levels of our government. This puts those of us who do know about the plot at high levels in an awkward position: either we pretend that we don’t know what we know, or we risk being ridiculed and marginalized as a pathetic joke.

He who defines the language defines the parameters of the debate, and so far the conspirators are winning. They have succeeded in imbuing the moniker “conspiracy theorist” with such intensely negative connotations that even most conspiracy theorists—such as 9/11 truth activists—tie themselves in knots to avoid earning that label.

Is there anything wrong with having theories? Of course not. Knowledge progresses through scientists proposing a certain hypothesis (or theory) and then testing to see if it holds up. It doesn’t mean they are flying blind, untethered by facts. They use the facts they already know to create theories about things that are still unknown...

…Borrowing from their example, I hereby announce: I AM A CONSPIRACY THEORIST! I’m proud to be one of the clear-eyed Americans who have woken up and see how badly we’ve been lied to. I’m part of a group that includes the smartest, most courageous, selfless, free-thinking and hard working people I’ve ever met. I reject those CIA engineered stereotypes that say that I and my fellow truthers are not the bold, brave, cutting edge change agents that we are.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
And just a reminder that not all of the conspiracy theories are crazy:

conspiraciesthatweretrue.blogspot.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Yes, David Icke puts it very succinctly in saying that you're either a conspiracy theorist or a coincidence theorist.

I liken our world of "coincidence" to having believed in Santa Claus as a kid.
Where fear of not receiving any toys was used to promote the belief system.

join