It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS.talk: Dragon's lair Memories.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   
PODcast:

Dragon's lair Memories.

The 80's were great, and the greatest thing of all was arcade games, one that stood out for me was Dragon's lair. Do you have any memories or this great game?... Then drop a reply retro friend.

length: 06:08
file: btstpod_3110.mp3
size: 5754k
feed: btst

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   
it cost way too much money! but yeah, it was pretty interesting for the timeframe. 50 cents a pop! that's even expensive for nowadays!

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Dragon's Lair was also a computer program, that I played a lot, for free! Pre 80s arcade games.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
80's arcade fan here. I was a major Xenophobe player. Got very good at it too. Could literally play for an hour on a quarter. I remember thinking to myself "50 cents to play! That's outrageous!" While the later games had better graphics one thing stood out on those old machines. Gameplay. To truly have a hit on your hands you needed something special in the game design. Not just better graphics.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Those were the days, Man I sure miss those younger years..........

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
i programmed a game on the first widely known pc on the market (texas instruments pc). i got the code for it from a ti magazine. it was a jousting game. took me 2 days to get all the lines correct. then the game lasted maybe 1 or 2 minutes, and usually croaked after a couple cycles threw its "if then goto" loops. then we had several games on it, like space invaders and asteroids. the restaurant we went to had pacman and later, ms. pacman. remember playing ms. pacman while discussing the eccentricites of hitchhikers guide to the galaxy, so long and thanks for all the fish, etc.
was a whiz at galaga.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Anyone here formerly into Bards' Tale?
And we thought that was such outstanding graphics.

top topics

join