It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the Bible Written by Time Travelers?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I couldn't work out if this subject has come up. Stop me if you've heard this one.

Someone that could time travel Would be able to 'sculpt' the future by creating myths ahead of time that would miraculously come about at the preordained moment. The Endtime.

All the christians bending over backward for israel made me think of this.

Just a thought guaranteed to piss off about half the world.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
You're talking about people creating self-fulfilling prophecies. An example like, you telling someone that gas stations are going to run out of gas tomorrow, so they tell everyone else and they all buy out the gas, to avoid being caught in the gas shortage, causing the shortage.

The authors of the Bible are unknown. The Bible isn't one book, but a collection of scriptures from many authors, with the earliest scripture being dated at 80 AD.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
This is kind of a neat read

I came across this topic on another website which I can't find at the moment. It was for a Christian study group of some kind.

Supposedly there is this CD-ROM "The Ancients" that when you play it, it syncs up with certain things in the bible.

I don't put much stock into the whole topic, but it's an interesting theory none the less. Enjoy!

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
The answer is yes and no.

The authors of the Bible were aware of sun spot cycles, which become noticably extreme every 3,740 years or so.

For instance, the ancients knew that the earth has been destroyed and brought mankind to the brink of destruction four times before and December 21, 2012 will make five.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Interesting theory, I've thought about this also.
Scenario: Say in one dimension (or even this one) it's godless, ruthless, like an end of the world movie where there is no law. Someone, or multiple people thought up an idea to go back in time and lay down laws and stories of an all mighty being in hopes of people following and possibly living a better life. Thus changing the future.

But, my idea would always fall short when I thought of how many religions were out there, past and present. The religion might evolve, change, or someone in that time may add on what they feel like adding, or just throw it away and work off the original, but adding his own agenda.

[edit on 25-10-2008 by Forest]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by DJMessiah

I can see how israel is self-fulfilling prophecy but I was really thinking of a fourth dimensional group of characters who could span time and create the outcome they desired by instilling a set of myths early on.

Who knows? Maybe they could inspire prophecy as well but it would be easier just to make it up.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
In the book of Revelations, John indeed traveled into the future. In what way I do not know.................But he saw the End if the world.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Cale, Logan

Thanks for that link Cale.

I'm kinda dizzy now.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by rikk7111

It was not a traveling of sorts (that I am aware of?) but rather a vivid vision given unto him by God. He saw what became of the earth when the 7 trumpets were blown, and with each, "destruction" was brought upon the Earth. However, the Bible does NOT state that the Earth is destroyed before, during, or after the coming of Christ.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
No it wasn't written by time travelers.

It was written by very simple people.

Example - Onanism. Some poor schmuck in the Old Testament died shortly after having sex with his new wife. The wife reports to everyone that her new hubby didn't ... uh ... finish the sex act but withdrew early so God must have punished him.

The poor guy probably had a heart attack because his brother had just died and he was forced to marry his brothers wife and he didn't want to. The stress probably killed him. Not to mention that this woman was so ornery that she would 'kiss and tell' to the entire village and bad mouth him after he was dead.

Very simple people who attributed lots of natural things to God.

But then again - very simple people who could see God in things that busy people today can't.

It goes both ways.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by marsha law

How very strange - i had the exact same thought last night. People going back i time, Maybe not to install myths to manipulate the ancients and the future but more like an event that happened. Say someone experimenting with the possibility of time travel managed to actually go back in time and people of that time being in awe and fear of their technology which to them looks like magic and resulting in them thinking they are gods. Even with our technology now, uneducated people would see this as magic . I think that even applies to many of us today also, if we cannot explain something - its looks like magic but more than likely its science.

I think the tablets of Thoth are really thought provoking - Someone must have been uber wise and ahead of thir time if these are really ancient artefacts. Makes you think Hhmmmn. Especially Cause and Effect, I dont know how credible they are so i try not to buy into my own theories that i conclude from reading them too much:

cause and effect
www.crystalinks.com...

tablets
www.crystalinks.com...

uk.youtube.com...

[edit on 25-10-2008 by MCoG1980]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by MCoG1980

Thankyou MC for those cool links.
Just goes to show you. A silly idea can generate positive feedback. cheers

[edit on 25-10-2008 by marsha law]