It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gulf War Syndrome Released On Our Streets!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

they dont die in their sleep mate, after taking chantix, they commit suidice. the drug has psychotic and suicidal tendencies. but hell, anything given to cure you from a western doctor will prob mess u up. especially if its for a mental disorder.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Exactly! but they cant seem to explain why they are blaming it on the meds and not something else....get my drift?

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Great thread

And very informative.
Wonder why the US are always doping up their soldiers,you don't hear of other western countries doing it.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Theres a theory that virtually every violent crime stems from war...

Soldiers come home effed up in the head, beat their wives and kids, and the whole thing gets passed on to the next generation, and the next, and the next. So even if one never served in war, indirectly it could be responsible for one's behavior.

this is nothing new.....it's in fact, to be expected. I have ersonally had multiple run ins with military peeps, and its the same story. These guys like violence, they love guns, and they actually believe they are heroes! I could tell my stories, but I have already logged one of them in blog form. Check it out.
blog.myspace.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Thanks for the thumbs up

Yeah I know they send our guys over there and give them meth, shots and other drugs that are supposed to help them yet they all get sicker than hades for months. All to keep them on there toes, then set them loose with no rehab.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I saw an article today that references an article in TIME magazine that states the Army puts soldiers on psychiatric drugs in order to keep them deployed longer.

Here's a section of that article:

(NaturalNews) The U.S. Army is attempting to avoid hiring and training new soldiers by instead medicating increasingly stressed and traumatized deployed soldiers with antidepressants and sleeping pills, according to an article published in TIME magazine.

According to Army statistics, 12 percent of combat troops in Iraq and 17 percent of combat troops in Afghanistan are taking authorized psychiatric prescription drugs. Approximately half of these are taking sleeping medication, while the other half are taking antidepressants - mostly selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) such as Prozac or Zoloft.

If usage rates in other armed service branches are similar, this translates into 20,000 combat soldiers taking psychiatric drugs.

U.S. Army Personnel Largely Medicated with Psych Drugs

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by annestacey

The prozac is piggy backed with trasadone and the zoloft is piggy backed with lorazepam and or klonopin.....This piggy back is also used to halt frontal lobe seizures, anxiety attacks,panic attacks,ptsd and agoraphobia! None of which are a good combo. Unfortunately the frontal lobe seizures are brought on by the precussion of bombs and gun fire blended with intense stress. If left uncheck it can cause life altering illnesses, hence the increasing number of troops with tbi's.
I find it rather worriesome that they are even giving the troops prozac as it isnt even prescribed on a regular basis by any doctor who has read the warnings about it. A further red flag would be that they where found to contain levels of sodium flouride (RAT POISION) that was causing major brain leasions and even death.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
the issue goes deeper than people going insane.

gangs are actively seeking military training and combat to form and improve their fighting skills. who knows what they're doing abroad....

www.cbsnews.com...

videos:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

What completely BAFFLES me about the testing on our poor unwitting troups.....is we have prisons FULL of people we SHOULD be testing on......
not the poor brave souls who are trying the best they can to give all they have to their country.

Its such a DAM SAD THING that the military finds it acceptable to destroy the lives of hard working innocents who serve our country in the military.

The people in the prison system have no REAL FEARS of the punishment of lock up while lounging in the jails,watching TV... socializing with others and working out to be so big bad and tough..conjugal visits and all what a flippen JOKE!!
..I bet if it WAS commonplace to test risky meds on the prisoners in our system, that alone would be a HUGE deterrent to offenders. As it stands now there is not much of a deterrent other than loss of having to personally pay for ones room and board......let THE MAN do it.....

Its so sad that the soldiers who are busting butt, and willing to give of theyre lifeblood and even there very lives, are are used as 'test subjects' while armed robbers are gently counseled.......I think law offenders of a certain ilk should know straight up if they murder, or harm people, or commit violent crimes they will be the ones the government will take the risks on.......and NOT our poor troops.

This country's policies are so messed up its mind boggling.

[edit on 25-10-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I for one am all for our troops being on Zoloft as long as they are checked weekly for the proper dosage levels. It will keep them focused and take their minds off of the bad things that they see to much of.

Zoloft is a good drug that helps allot. You just should never quit cold turkey or drink to much on the stuff. I bet almost all cases can be linked to them quiting the pills that they will probably need for the rest of their lives after seeing what they have seen.

It does not hurt to take pain meds with the stuff at all. Doctors recommend Zoloft to people who have been on pain meds for chronic pain. It is better for them in the long run. Depression kills more.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
this article is bizarre. are they trying to get people so worked up that they call for soldiers to be incarcerated for the safety of the population? i can see obama asking for something like this. all successful coups require replacing the military with your own goons.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Could it be possible that this kind of thing is a desired effect of the Iraq/Afghanistan wars?

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I'd Just like to add that one of my friends was Ex - special forces in the first golf war, and he his is totally 100% insane, He is very intense and extremely violent at the littlest things. He's suddenly became a extreme evangelical and very wanting to convert you. he never used to be this way.

I am constantly reminded to thank whatever cosmic being that is out there. That i did not join the military when i was 18 and in perfect health.

(edit: for spelling errors)

[edit on 26-10-2008 by Bringer]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Sorry, yes i was referring to the Govt and not the people.

Peace

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
well a quick heads up have been watching whats going on with the deployment etc. Saw a post on here where a guy claimed they WERE NOT deployed... seems odd since our local news here in california just said last night that the army and national guard are now stationed in the bay area to help out with possible riots in okland san fransico etc.... They claimed they needed them IN PLACE PRIOR to the "elections"! They are up and ready as of last Friday.
I dont know about you or if you live around here but I am forbidding my hub from going to work on the 4 and 5th because he works in san rafeal. (On other side of bay to san fransico)

<< 1   >>

join