It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gulf War Syndrome Released On Our Streets!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   

GULF WAR SYNDROME RELEASED ON OUR STREETS!

www.gulfwarvets.com

121 war veterans linked to killings, report finds
Paper says murders tied to soldiers are soaring; military questions premise

Sun., Jan. 13, 2008
www.msnbc.msn.com...

NEW YORK - At least 121 Iraq and Afghanistan war veterans have committed a killing or been charged in one in the United States after returning from combat, The New York Times reported Sunday.

The newspaper said it also logged 349 homicides involving all active-duty military personnel and new veterans in
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.gulfwarvets.com

Mod Edit: All Caps Title

[edit on 25-10-2008 by MemoryShock]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
This is still happening and it has only gotten worse in the past year! Now they have hardend troops policing us? The troops themselves wont even take the meds they are offering them for ptsd because soldiers are dieing in their sleep after taking them! Link included!

Source: www.washingtontimes.com...

A key congressional leader says he has no confidence in the Department of Veterans Affairs and would have pulled his own children out of the VA's human subject study that used a drug with dangerous side effects that is being prescribed to veterans with mental disorders.
"I don't have confidence in the leadership that allowed this to happen," said Rep. Bob Filner, California Democrat and chairman of the House Veterans' Affairs Committee, which oversees the VA.

A review released Friday of a smoking-cessation study on veterans suffering post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) found that the VA was responsible for numerous "unacceptable failures" in ensuring safeguards for soldiers in the experiment.

The smoking-cessation study at one time included more than 200 veterans who took the drug Chantix, which was later found to have psychosis and suicidal behavior among its possible side effects.

www.listserv.va.gov...

VA Secretary Establishes ALS as a Presumptive Compensable Illness
Cites Association between Military Service and Later Development of ALS

WASHINGTON (Sept. 23, 2008) - Veterans with amyotrophic lateral
sclerosis (ALS) may receive badly-needed support for themselves and
their families after the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) announced
today that ALS will become a presumptively compensable illness for all
veterans with 90 days or more of continuously active service in the
military.

"Veterans are developing ALS in rates higher than the general
population, and it was appropriate to take action," Secretary of
Veterans Affairs Dr. James B. Peake said.

By BRIAN ROSS and VIC WALTER
June 17, 2008
www.abcnews.go.com...

Mentally distressed veterans from Iraq and Afghanistan are being recruited for government tests on pharmaceutical drugs linked to suicide and other violent side effects, an investigation by ABC News and The Washington Times has found.

The report will air on Good Morning America and will also appear in The Washington Times on Tuesday. (click here to read the Washington Times coverage of "Disposable Heroes")

In one of the human experiments, involving the anti-smoking drug Chantix, Veterans Administration doctors waited more than three months before warning veterans about the possible serious side effects, including suicide and neuropsychiatric behavior.

www.gulfwarvets.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Coast Guard forces vaccine derived from ABORTED CHILDCatholic officer sues to prevent injection – top brass disputes theology, demands jab

January 13, 2008
www.worldnetdaily.com...

A U.S. Coast Guard officer and devout Catholic has filed suit to prevent being forced to receive a vaccination derived from the lung of an aborted child after a higher ranking officer disputed his understanding of Church theology.
The Alliance Defense Fund filed a complaint last week in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia on behalf of Lt. Cmdr. Joseph Healy, charging the government with using its own arbitrary judgment of what constitutes Catholic theology while permitting religious exemptions to others, effectively discriminating against Healy's sincerely held religious beliefs.

Healy's request for religious exemption cited a 2005 letter from the Vatican's Pontifical Academy for Life which condemned the use of cell lines from abortions in vaccines and supported Catholics' right to refuse them while not requiring them to reject the medicines.

America's Medicated Army

Thursday, Jun. 05, 2008
By MARK THOMPSON
www.time.com...

Seven months after Sergeant Christopher LeJeune started scouting Baghdad's dangerous roads — acting as bait to lure insurgents into the open so his Army unit could kill them — he found himself growing increasingly despondent. "We'd been doing some heavy missions, and things were starting to bother me," LeJeune says.

Post-traumatic stress soars in U.S. troops

Tue May 27, 2008 4:13pm EDT
www.reuters.com...

By David Morgan

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Newly diagnosed cases of post-traumatic stress disorder among U.S. troops sent to Iraq and Afghanistan surged 46.4 percent in 2007, bringing the five-year total to nearly 40,000, according to U.S. military data released on Tuesday.

The statistics, released by the Army, showed the number of new PTSD cases formally diagnosed at U.S. military facilities climbed to 13,981 last year from 9,549 in 2006.

The numbers rose as President George W. Bush poured extra forces into Iraq to try to quell sectarian violence and extended Army tours from 12 to 15 months. The United States has also sent more forces to Afghanistan.

Veterans not entitled to mental health care, U.S. lawyers argue

Bob Egelko, Chronicle Staff Writer
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
Source:
www.sfgate.com.../c/a/2008/02/05/MNQLUQ4IS.DTL&hw=Veterans&sn=001&sc=1000

Veterans have no legal right to specific types of medical care, the Bush
administration argues in a lawsuit accusing the government of illegally denying
mental health treatment to some troops returning from Iraq and Afghanistan.

The arguments, filed Wednesday in federal court in San Francisco, strike at the
heart of a lawsuit filed on behalf of veterans that claims the health care
system for returning troops provides little recourse when the government
rejects their medical claims.

This is by far the most sickening evidence to date as to the mental health of our troops. The same ones that are now to police us! How can they be made to do this when so many of them are mentally ill after returning from Iraq and Afganistan?

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Okay so mabe I have to admit this is personal. My sister was tested on in the Army during Desert Storm. She got horrificly ill and almost lost her deformed son.
Her husband an Air Force squad commander came back an ABSOLUTE BASKET CASE He recieved NO mental health care what so ever. Even though it was obvious to everyone in his unit that he was off his rocker, he was released after being de-briefed. They have since divorced and he and his father (also a vet) were recently acused and so called "convicted" of molesting his daughter. These are men who would have never done such sick things. Before all of this they would have shot themselves before doing such a horrid thing.
!!!!A side note to this is neither one was jailed, but simply told not to be in the house when my sisters daughter was there!!!!
These people in charge of the troops are intenionally putting these men and women on our streets because when they start killing more people they can blame the "troops" for being "mentally ill"!

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by WEOPPOSEDECEPTION

Yeah over there but why here? This is my point.
Why here why now...

[edit on 25-10-2008 by xoxo stacie]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

Excellent post - a lot of information, well put together. The tragedy is that 1,000's of servicepeople are not making this up. What the Gov't will do to its own people has been documented; there are no limits ultimately to what humans can do in total secrecy. People such as yourself, with determination to discover the truth, will eventually turn the tide.

ColoradoJens

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Thank you cj . I just think everyone needs to know these things its not in the main stream media for more than 2 minutes and everyone forgets. I think our shout should be why mentally ill vets are being released on our streets and not just its MARTIAL LAW run for the hills.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
From the point of view of the PTB, instigating wars and releasing the animal in those in the 'military' is no different to those civilian scum who profit from dog-fights.

That's the way we're regarded by those who control our lives .. as animals, as dogs, who can be pitted against each other and encouraged to tear each other's throats out.

The PTB sit back and pick up the profit.

Humans are cheaper than dairy or beef herds

Iraqi lives, Afghani lives, American, Brit lives .. civilian lives .. children's lives ---- so cheap. Humans breed like animals and are accorded less respect in many instances.

Military hardware is expensive. They're happy to pay for that and to sell it and to maintain it.

But humans ... humans are considered a cheap, plentiful resource.

Look at Colon Powell these days. Still chunky, isn't he ? Hasn't lost any weight through sleepless nights. Doesn't exactly looked wracked with guilt and regret, does he ? On the contrary .. he regards himself as an elder-statesman, as a figure worthy of 'respect' and deference.

And where's Mr.Death himself .. Rumsfeld ? Obviously enjoying what he regards as a 'well earned' retirement. Do you see him on the tv-news fighting for veteran's rights ? Do you see him heading medical teams to fly to Iraq to try to mend the hideous physical and emotional damage perpetrated by US troops on his orders ? Do you see him donating even a fraction of his immense earnings as 'war lord' to those whose destroyed- lives rest in his hands ?

Where are the Viet vets ? No doubt the PTB consider it's time all the Viet vets just did the decent thing and leapt from a tall building. The PTB have no patience with the human flotsam and jetsom of phony Wars for Profit. They stonewalled the Viet vets, dismissed them and left them to rot.

They'll do the same with the veterans of the current batch of phony Wars for Profit too. War is for PROFIT. They pay you while you do their killing for them and then expect you to get out of everyone's way. You're no use to the warmongers once you cease playing contract-killer in the employ of the State.

Disposable. Dispensable. Take off the uniform and get back to civvy street with the rest of the human cattle. Ah, the glamour and honour of War.

Ok, you human-breeders .. cough up the next batch of cannon-fodder for all those wars of the future. Give us your kids. And at the end we'll give you a few bits of metal and a piece of cloth.

Makes you wonder why parents even bother putting good food and expensive dentistry into those future 'soldiers', doesn't it ? And why teach your kids right from wrong, when the warmongers will UN-teach it all before sending your kids to murder the kids of total strangers.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock6

This is what I am talking about!!!
You throw the truth in someones face and they go off on a tiraid about something else that Doesnt even remotely aquate to the subject at hand. I can respect the reply and it is sooo true. But exactly WHAT does it have to do with the OP?

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
First off, great op!!!! This topic really hits home for me, after returning home I found myself on a steady regimen of colodopin, sufflexor just to name a few. I was told that on top of my ptsd I also had tbi's from all of the nifty boom booms
Happy day for me!!!!! The chantix on the other hand was......... well..........awsome!! I haven't had dreams like that since college....hehehe.....It worked like a charm, I actually can't stand to even smell a cigarette anymore.....Although I have taken up cigars. Alas it is true the soldiers are not getting the care that is deserved.

They give their stats on the subject saying some 40,000 soldiers are experiencing some form of ptsd....I'm here to tell you that its AT LEAST tripple that amount...For the most part we are very proud people and we don't tend to ask for help, let alone admit that there is something wrong...It took a long time for me to admit that I have a problem....

Many months and many nightmare later I was finally able to get the help I needed. The military does not screen the troops well enough in the first place....I have seen people that were obviously having problems get a clean bill of health during de-mob.......

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Combatmed1

I hear ya my friend chris just got back and because of his time in the tank bombing stuff he has lost 60% of his hearing. He had to take some pills for about 3 months then stopped. He doesnt have the tbis.
but when he heard about the first brigade being deployed he went balistic and couldnt believe they where even considering putting them on the street in this manner.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I am really blown away that only 2 people even responded to this. In my mind this is a very dangerous situation for all of us. Am I the only one who feels this way? Perhaps I am over reacting to the reports from the vets and gov?

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
It's called karma...

America sent their young into an illegal war, they got dosed up on meds, worshipped the gun and were slowly turned into killers.

Then when/if they get back home, the fools who supported this war, start acting all terrified when they finally see the face of the monster.

It's like training a dog to fight other dogs, and then complaining when that dog finally takes a bite out of you.

Basically, America has bitten itself in the arse and can't cope with the fact that they are seriously going have to break out of the illusion and face facts.

You've turned your kids into monsters.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
We heard the same type of reports after Korea and Viet Nam. Our government likes to spend money on the war but not the men who are tapped to do the job. My step son came back from the first Gulf War sweating on only one side of his body. It is all the time and dehydrates him if he's not carefull. His headaches are massive and sometimes render him unable to do his job on base. He is still in and can retire in two years so he does get some help, but the PTB in the military keep harrassing him. Its dispicable! All this after the shots they gave him before deployment!

Zindo

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

No you're not over reacting , I think many feel the same sense of concern.
This really is part of fear that I've been picking up on ever since it came to light here that soldiers will be returning to practice for urban warfare.

A lot of ATSers were stating that concern and now here we have it.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
It sounds like he may need to get an MRI and see an ear nose throat doc. ALot of my friends and family came back in this manner or worse, it wasnt until they went outside of the vet hospitals that they found ways to heal as best they could from the problems they had come into. First and foremost would be an MRI asap, alot of the vets have had them done and minor damage to the brain, cerebellum and/or brain stem itself has been found, it takes a couple years for it to heal but if you take the proper cycle of meds to help calm things down it cuts that time in half.
I myself had to do this last june as I had a intra-caranial blood vessel burst. I still have the head aches but the meds and vitamin regamin helped tremendously to bring the pain down to a bearable level. Let me know if you would like the info on the vitamin/diet side of it. Everyone is differnet so I am not going to get into the medical meds part of it sorry I just dont see it as being helpful, I am not a doctor so wouldnt be right of me.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Only God knows what these men and women have come in contact with.That is a high percentage and seems to me that there's more to the story. Maybe chemical warfare?.......... It just seems to be so many.
.........I'm trying not to jump to conclusions, But does it seem strange to you?

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I can totally respect your feelings towards this. But I feel I need to remind you that almost ALL American people where against this war from the start. It was the governemnt and YOURS also that went in there. My point is that aside from not giving them the help and treatments they need; they are now turning them loose "against" innocent people.
Karma for the gov yeah I will support that 100% but karma against people who never wanted this in the first place is just a hidious thought and frankley the worst one I have heard yet.
Oh and by the way how many of your soldiers are now on your streets? Have you checked this? They went through the same hell ours did....something to think about before everyone starts playing the blame game again. There were soldiers from all over the world in this #y war from one corner to the other!.
So far where has the blame game gotten us? Into a mind set the same as theirs and that can not be denied, if it is we are deluding ourselves to the facts. Facts laid out by the men and women themselves.
Those being we all have men and women who went over there and saw and/or did terrible things that left them scared, and these wounds have yet to be treated. Until they are treated NONE of them should be set into a position of policing their own people for any reason.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by rikk7111

Frankley Rikk it seems strange to my family and friends who came back; that they even considered this, let alone put it into action. The plain and simple fact is they need help, they all know it but the gov wont let it happen till they have gotten all they can out of them.

contact with things like: uranium depleted shell casings, sarin gas, aspestos, bio weapons just to name a few.

[edit on 25-10-2008 by xoxo stacie]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join