It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bad Psychics- Carla Baron

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I cant believe these so called psychics. They are pure scum with absolutely no morals at all.

First Sylvia Brown's pathetic attempt to make contact with a victim of 9/11, which she got completely wrong (said to the family that the victim drowned. which was very upsetting for them) and now this absolute"insert the worst name you can think of", Carla Baron .

This pathetic excuse for a human being claimed, on the TV show "Haunting Evidence", that she (along with another alleged psychic John J Oliver) have information, obtained psychicly on the dissapearance of child, Madeleine McCann (the young girl that dissapeared in Portugal). They even produced a sketch of the alleged offender.

An article in www.dailymail.co.uk tells us that these two psychics are gonna do what no one else has been able to do in 8 months and that is to solve the Madeleine McCann mystery.

Was even more confused as to why they have waited 8 months to bring this so called information to the public, and why they contacted the media instead of the police and officials with regards to their alleged breakthrough on the case. And they are not the first psychics to do this. Many have already tried to solve this case (detectives have followed 150 claims from psychics).....all to no avail and just misleading the REAL investigators and the family of the poor girl

Can someone tell me what kind of people would exploit a tragedy such as this, in order to make a TV show?

Apparently the show in question (Haunting Evidence) has yet to even solve a case so far in the programs history, yet they are taking on a huge mystery that has very few real leads. Also, the producers have repeatedly contacted the McCanns to touch the poor girls favorite toy in order to get a reading. I bet that would give you a ratings boost wouldnt it producers.

I hope the McCann's dont talk to these guys, they have suffered enough heartache, not to mention guilt and anything else would just be twisting the knife.

Just to be fair to Carla Baron, the following quote is from her website

Ms. Baron tirelessly dedicates herself to ‘honing’ her skills in order to provide assistance to those individuals and organizations who seek ‘the truth’.

Notice the words "the truth" are in quotation marks

The independant investigations group investigated the claims made by Baron herself, that she had solved 50 cases in the past 20 years. All claims investigated were completely unsubstantiated. Also all the cases she was allegedly involved in, either were solved by conventional means, or remained unsolved.

I hope I have bought some information on this lady to the attention of the ATS community. Just another example of psychics using peoples tragedies to put themselves in the spotlight and gain publicity

IIG's investigations and findings below

www.iigwest.com...

badpsychics.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I know most 'professional psychic' help families of murder victims for free. Not Sylvia Brown, OR Carla Baron. Both charge upwards of $800 for a session.

I know this because I contacted Carla Baron over a year ago to help with an unsolved murder. Coincidentally, after she quoted me that price, it wasn't a month or so later when I saw her on tv on the psychic series...I forget the name of it now.

The free ones I contacted were all wrong, but at least they didn't charge me.

I think they are both scam artists.

[edit on 24-10-2008 by Clark W. Griswold]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Clark W. Griswold

Yeah, I think Sylvia Brwon charges $500 just to show up. Apparently her "proffesional talents" are in excess of over $1000. Apparently she offered the parents of a missing (presumed dead) child her services for a disounted fee of $800.

I wonder what Baron charges

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Many of the others show up on the media as a ways to advertise their services. They claim they are helping the people, but in the end it is their wallets that get helped.
If you go to a psychic for a reading or other purposes, good for you. If a psychic goes to a suffering family and exploits them, shame on them.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Carla Baron charges over $500. I can't recall exactly, but I know it was along the same as Sylvia Brown. I kept her email that she sent me informing me of the price, but it's on my old pc. I was shocked that she was that expensive.

She sounded so sincere that she wanted to help, but then she dropped that bomb on me and I told her no way could I afford that. Never heard from her again.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
So OZ, are you saying that anyone who may be psychic is a scam artist? What of the children who are now showing signs of having psychic abilities? Are they scam artists also? What I find sad is, that many of those who do have psychic abilities are charging people for any help they may be able to give them. That is not what these abilities are to be used for, to make money with them, these ablilities are not a gift as many say, they are nothing more then our true nature deep inside of us. Many are able to tap into this part of ourselves more then others. The reason is, many do not want to take the time out of their lives to do so. I believe that many psychics that charge outlandish fees in the end, pay for it. And when I say pay for it, I mean in the quality of the readings and if the reading is true or not. That is why so many readings do not prove to be true in the end. A true psychic will not charge for a reading, they only take donations if one may want to give it, no set price at all. So if one only has a couple of dollars to give so be it, or they may not give at all. It`s nothing more then people helping each other in the end. So why charge others when they are in need of help, is that what life is all about, money?

[edit on 25-10-2008 by FiatLux]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
These psychic's are no different from the palm readers,tea leaf readers etc,best way to get rid of them is to steer clear,the only thing they see in your future is your wallet growing thinner,all they are is con men by another name

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   

If Ms Baron actually had any real powers she would of helped you for free. The money is what they are interested in.

FiatLux, what you are stating is the so-called "Indigo Children". This seems to be more 1970s type New Age stuff. There is nothing to back up their claims, other than parents who think their children are better than everyone else.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   

I received an email from her just today where she quoted me $300 an hour. She also 'reminded' me to watch Haunting Evidence and check out her myspace page! Professional, right? lol.

So I check out the page. I get an automated response email saying that she cant be my friend if im friends with Patrick (someone ??) on HIS myspace page.... whatever, im not in 5th grade anymore...

On to her page - She literally has over 50 pictures that she took of herself using her cell phone cam. Shes on location, sitting in the van between sessions taking pics of herself.... smiling and laughing at a site where someone died and she supposed to be contacting them. I lost all respect for her right then and there.

She also has a blog letting eveeryone know that she is seeking new ventures for TV, because she feels her time has come to move on.

Her ego, and ass, are enormous. I hope she just goes away.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Well, I don`t believe so, not 70`s as you put it. There is more of this out there then you may think. I have been keeping an eye on shows like Psychic Kids, and many of their stories seem to be real enough.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by FiatLux

The problem with many TV shows is they can use editing to make things seem more psychic than they are. I do believe all of us have a mild sixth sense, but we haven't used it since ancient times. Some of the primitive peoples still have and use it.

I just have a problem with the whole Indigo Children idea.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Nice thread. As far as I'm concerned the whole psychic abilities arena is absolute nonsense. There is no one I know of who has proved conclusively that they have psychic powers, and that goes for those who have tried even when they have constructed the tests themselves!
When I come to power I'll make psychics prove their abilities before they dare ask the vulnerable to pay them for their services. Anyone caught charging without a license would be immediately jailed under the fraud act. . . After all that is exactly what psychics are- frauds.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

Ok, I gonna stick my wand in the cauldron here...I've had a crappy day at work, and you're it, I'm afraid...lol!

Anyway....here's hoping you never come to power with an agenda like that. How are you going to ask us psychics to prove our talents then? Do you have a foolproof method already? Do share! How many psychics do you know personally, and how have you tested them to know that they are all fake? Actually, there is already a Fraudulent Mediums Act in the UK, introduced in the UK in 1953 to replace the old Witchcraft Laws, but how much use it is, is debatable....try enforcing it, and see how far you get.

I completely agree...charlatans like Sylvia Brown and Carla Baron should not be allowed to practise the way they do,and the ridiculous fees for spiritual work should be regulated against, but I do know a few genuine, decent psychics who do fabulous useful worthwhile work, and aspire to be able to work like that myself one day. I do know how hard it is to develop genuine psychic ability....and I'm only a novice.

So, how about fewer sweeping statements about how rubbish all psychics are, and more practical debate about how this kind of work can be effectively regulated...all ideas welcome....unless you really do just want a bitchfest about them.....

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

I used to investigate hauntings and psychics years ago when I was a member of the SPR and the Ghost Club and believe me, every psychic I have met has been an egotistical charlatan!
And what's wrong with making psychics sit a test to prove their abilities? In any walk of life, if you're going to charge for something you have to prove that you are able to provide the service you are charging for. . . I've come across pensioners who have been charged extertionate sums of money by psychics who offered nothing but weird mumbo-jumbo! All they did was scare the people more than they were already.

Sorry my friend but I stand by my statement- when I come to power if you want to advertise and charge as a psychic then you will have to prove your abilities or try another way of ripping off the gullible and the emotionally frail.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I`ll back you up on this caitlinfae. If this person ever comes to power.......yea, right... the sun would rise in the west, and that shouldn`t happen anytime soon. What do you want Mint, a world that doesn`t believe in anything at all? Sure, there are psychics out there who take advantage of others, it`s a known thing, but, that doesn`t make all psychics that way. So why rate all of them like that? Unless you`ve tested each and everyone of them, and you didn`t say you did, how would you know they are all fake? Are you an expert in this field?

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Any so called psychic who makes a single penny from such claims should have to prove those abilities, not the reason why it works or how it works just the fact that it does work and it can be proved in test conditions. Unless it is proved then making money from it should be considered a fraudulent act. im not saying burn the witches or any extreme just that there should be a form of license as too many people with emotional difficulties are also having to cope with financial ones due to heartless frauds.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Actually, I quite agree...we should be able to prove what we do. And for the record...I have never charged for psychic work. Readings yes, but that's a different skill altogether. Anyway...I only wish I knew how to prove what I do...there will always be someone who will pull it apart and say I'm making it up ...and I'm sure finer minds than mine have been applied to this problem in the past and still we don't have the solution.

Also, very often, spritual matters are simply a matter or faith, whichever faith you go with. Priests and church ministers are paid for their work...why not well trained psychics? And there are a lot of ministers and priests out there who should never be let near vulnerable people, believe me.

Still my point is...how do you test for psychic ability? What kind of criteria would make it ok to charge people a small amount, which is what most readers charge? How can you prove or disprove information that is given in a psychic reading? Do we put a time limit on it, if it is predictive in nature? I've had information come up in readings that others have done for me that has taken years to materialise.

Also, results are not guaranteed. I may be able to get lots of information for one person, but nothing for the next...and yes, I have done readings that I simply havent charged for. Sometimes, there is just no contact to be made, and maybe what the sitter "wants" in spiritual terms, like contact with someone passed, is not what is best for them at that point. As a psychic, I cannot "summon up" spirit to talk to me, or a sitter...it just doesn't work that way, which makes proof even harder to come by.

I do believe there is a body in the UK at least that will train, test and license psychics, but I always am suspicious of these "like testing like" organisations...at best they are biased and at worst, they are snake pits. Any reasonable suggestions for a workable solution would be welcome! There should definitely be a strongly recommended guide to charges that is readily available to potential customers. £800 for a sitting is clearly ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by FiatLux
So OZ, are you saying that anyone who may be psychic is a scam artist?

No, I didnt say that at all

I think that maybe 0.1 percent of all people that claim to be psychic are REALLY psychics, although I have yet to come across anyone that has been able to prove it. Others are very good at cold reading and exploting their customers, a lot of the time preying on peoples personal tragedies and their hope of connecting with dead relatives.....thats what really annoys me about them.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I don't have any problem at all saying that all, and there has been many although I'm no expert, the psychics and spiritualists that I have met and watched perform are charlatans. Simple as that!
I think there are people out there who aren't psychic (I hate this word by the way) but they are extremely sensitive and can pick up on certain information that us ordinary people cannot, but those reading minds, contacting the deceased, moving objects with the power of their mind, telling your future, etc, should be brought to book and stopped.

Was it Carl Sagan who said extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by FiatLux

" What do you want Mint, a world that doesn`t believe in anything at all?"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can believe in anything you want as long as you don't get taken to the cleaners by a fraud who has picked up on your enthusiasm and belief and feels he, or she, can abuse you because of it.
I cannot begin to tell you just how much I detest these people who claim to contact the dead relatives of emotionally damaged mourning loved ones and then charge them astronomical fees to simply cold read and tell them what they want to hear. It's mental abuse! Targeting the bereaved and those not thinking straight due to their loss is about as low as a human can go and I think it should be stopped.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join