It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG this is sick

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
LMMFAO, you guys have got to be kidding me. All I see is negative crap about Obama with no substance in this forum. Let me guess, you all think youre republicans?

This is my stance on the lame brains that think that way:

One thing everyone that thinks theyre a republican should know.
The Republicans your mommy and daddy were so fond of and told you that you were one of. Havent been in office for decades. The NEOCONs in office now posing as republicans. Are for separations (rich/Poor) and the restrictions of personal rights.

So, go ahead, edit posts that are for Obama. Just leave the ones up that talk about negative crap.

Its very disheartening to find a site that should be based off of open conversation. That should be allowed to views other then main stream or controversial. That should never be monitored or altered to serve an effect to change ones views. That would have there site run this way. Oh I forget, this is the way people who think theyre Republicans act.

But then again, who am I kidding. Im sure beyond a shadow of doubt. I am the only one here thats ever really been Above Top Secret.

[edit on 13/10/08 by Douggie]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I for one have never considered myself anything other than a conservative. I agree with you that there is sometimes far to much mud slinging and censorship here to have an intelligent debate about anything.
It doesn't matter to me wether someone is liberal or conservative.I enjoy good point counter point discussion.Deny ignorance is the tenant of which this site purports.So be it! Let's get to the truth of any and all issues.Follow the trail to where ever it takes us.Who knows maybe we all might learn something.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Douggie
LMMFAO, you guys have got to be kidding me. All I see is negative crap about Obama with no substance in this forum. Let me guess, you all think youre republicans?

no i don't

This is my stance on the lame brains that think that way:

One thing everyone that thinks theyre a republican should know.
The Republicans your mommy and daddy were so fond of and told you that you were one of. Havent been in office for decades. The NEOCONs in office now posing as republicans. Are for separations (rich/Poor) and the restrictions of personal rights.

NEWSFLASH: we ALL know this

So, go ahead, edit posts that are for Obama. Just leave the ones up that talk about negative crap.

i have seen no evidence of "editing"

Its very disheartening to find a site that should be based off of open conversation. That should be allowed to views other then main stream or controversial. That should never be monitored or altered to serve an effect to change ones views. That would have there site run this way. Oh I forget, this is the way people who think theyre Republicans act.

I have been able to express my views on both candidates without post deletion because i state them in a productive, non-violent way. Meaning I do not insult anyone that thinks different from me.

But then again, who am I kidding. Im sure beyond a shadow of doubt. I am the only one here thats ever really been Above Top Secret.

[edit on 13/10/08 by Douggie]

The motto of this site is Deny Ignorance. Maybe you should take heed on the slogan.

I have not seen any post or thread deleted/edited to "change one's views" However, I have seen them deleted/edited because they violated rules within the message. I would encourage you to read these rules. When you come upon a post that has a sign stating the reason it was deleted, click on it to understand why that action was taken.

The mods here are very fair and understanding.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Wow. Guess you really dont have to stay here at ATS if you find it doesnt fit your tastes.

With that said....I see PLENTY of bashing from BOTH sides and views from BOTH sides are allowed and freely expressed. Maybe you just need to stick around and read some more and participate..............OR...........visit some of the other great forums on this site.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Is it me or is the OP just perpetuating the cycle of events? Im just a little curious here, how can you post something so abrasive and brash and not expect someone to call you out on it?

Youve not stated anything that the rest of the people dont know.

and as for the "above top secret" thing. I wouldnt be so presumptuous.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Wow. Guess you really dont have to stay here at ATS if you find it doesnt fit your tastes.

With that said....I see PLENTY of bashing from BOTH sides and views from BOTH sides are allowed and freely expressed. Maybe you just need to stick around and read some more and participate..............OR...........visit some of the other great forums on this site.

Ok then, lets open this up.....

Why do you feel the way your signature states?
I mean I dont see her as one bit competent to be our commander and Chief. There is nothing there...at all. They will not even allow her to go on national TV and ask general questions.

All she does is major mud slinging.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to the post above:

When mentioning Obama: You forgot to mention other soon to be facts about how he was able to fund his college education and travel around the world without having rich parents. We will soon find out that he enrolled as a foreigner to get higher education with scholarship/grants offered to foreign students. Also the associations that Obama has kept pretty much sum up the type of character and qualities he has when choosing friends, advisers, and campaign managers. The only thing Obama is right on is the type of skin he has but he is still confused as to what race he is. Is he a Muslim like he portrayed he wanted to be in his "dreams of father", is he black from when quoted about Jermiah Wright "..I can not denounce Jermiah Wright any more than I can denounce my black race..." (not sure if that is exact quote but along those lines), or is he white but who knows he threw his grandma under the bus in the primaries, but now is out there making it seem like he cares.

Either who I do agree that Obama was poor, has street smarts like a con artist, and used his street smarts & dubious connections to reach a stage where he doesn't belong.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
First off, the NEOCON has got to stop lol i see people throwing that word around so much with on idea what its meaning is. Secondly if you think that Obama has had to struggle his whole life you are delusional at best. The man has positioned himself and had people help position him to put him in the situations that hes in. He isnt the "man of the people for the people" , hes a very intelligent con artist. One that has many many holes in his past amongst other things that he has not had to answer for.

For obama to speak about him being poor and for the poor man is rediculous. here are some facts.

1) Obama’s biological father’s side: Barack Obama Sr was the son of the Chief of a prominent Luo tribe in Kenya. His father controlled all tribal land and held power over all tribal members. The stories of a poor goat farmer, are absolute fabrications. Obama’s biological father would not only enter Harvard as the son of a privileged Luo, upon his return to Kenya Sr. became a senior economist in the country’s Government. He died the bitter death of an abusive alcoholic, but still the Big Man in his Tribe and entourage

From ages 0 to 2, Obama was growing up in a family of two inexperienced but economically secure, College Students.

2) From 2-6 he was with his rich grandparents.

3) From 6 - 10, with his well-off stepfather employed by Exxon Oil in Jakarta, living in elite conditions and neighborhoods designated for foreigners.

4) From age 10 to College Days, Obama lives the Tropical Life with two well off grandparents. One rich, the other idle.

5) The grandparents who raised Obama: On Obama’s mother’s side, the income was upper upper upper. Since it was they, not Ann, that sponsored most of Obama’s education right through Occidental College, it is their income, and not the perennially absent-student mother, that impacted Obama’s status.

it was Stanley Armour Dunham and Madelyn Dunham that made sure since the day of his birth that Barry wouldn’t ever know want, poverty, or hardship.

Even before moving to Hawaii, Obama’s grandmother, Madelyn Dunham, was a Vice-President of a local Seattle bank. While her husband, Stanley Dunham managed a local furniture store, the couple Obama portrays as “typical white people” from Kansas who survived the Great Depression, actually lived in a gentrified suburb called Mercer Island, which has remained gentrified till this day .

When the couple suddenly took off for Hawaii, it wasn’t to escape poverty, but for Madelyn to pursue her banking career. In Hawaii she found her chance to became a pioneer in the American banking world. While her grandson was only nine and living in Jakarta’s walled compounds, she became the first female Vice President of the Bank of Hawaii.

When Barry rejoined Madelyn a year later, he had behind him four years of elite schooling in Indonesia (attending the country’s elite Catholic school and elite Public Schools for sons and daughters of dignitaries), and he would go on to study in one of elite America’s best high-schools, and eventually, our country’s most elite Universities.

With absolutely no material wants whatsoever, and zero hardship, a grandmother who was a top executive in America’s banking world, a grandfather with extra time on his hands while running a local furniture store, Obama’s self-obsessed mother had the luxury of pursuing her PhD with anthropological studies of Indonesia, while her parents bankrolled her son’s $7,000 tuition in Hawaii’s best private college preparatory school!

Historically one of America’s most ethnically diverse but economically homogeneous schools, today’s tuition in Punahao runs $16,675 a year per student. If billionaire alumni like Steve Case (AOL) and Pierre Omidyar (Ebay co-founder) don’t impress you, maybe a more comprehensive read of alumni is worth it, if only to drive home the message that anyone going to Punahao -because his grandparents could pay for it- should not lie about a modest background.

top topics

join