It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Your Deepest Darkest Secret?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
(Sorry if this is in the wrong place)

Have you guys heard of this art project Post Secret? This guy started a project where you can anonymously send in your deepest darkest secrets that you've never told anyone. I can't understand the feeling, it's weird almost spiritual, to send them in or just read everyone else's. He made four books out of them so far, I have one. Some of the post cards are really beautiful, you should check it out.

Some secrets:

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I want to be a different person than what I am and I dream about it all the time. I want to be that person so bad but my daily life forbids me from becoming that truly good, passionate person. I think it stems from people I've known through my life that has made a difference in my life and was always willing to help. I work all day and my wife all night and we have six children to care for so it's hard to make a difference when I'm so beat and tired. I'm a good person and I'll help when I can but I feel it's never enough. I feel blessed with a wonderful wife and good kids and we have a roof over our heads and food on the table by working hard. When I dream of me being this blessing to others I talk and laugh and even smile different then I do now. But in real life I'm lost and I just can't seem to change who I am and be forever my dream.

Sorry if this sounds weird and a little crazy but that's me.

I really don't have any deep dark secrets just trying to live my life and make a difference.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
my biggest fear is failure

i fear it so intensely that i most often simply don't even try or don't finish what i'm doing because i'm afraid it won't work out anyway

i'm trying to get over that hehe

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
If I tell, then it won't be a secret anymore.
No one, needs to know what your deepest darkest secret is.
To me, that is something you should take to your grave.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Shocka

I HAVE seen that site .. and i get lost in it for hours at a time as well.. Great thread!!

Another favorite of mine , and i hope it is ok to share in your thread.. but www.foundmagazine.com... is awesome. This has notes, photos, shopping lists etc. that ppl find and submit.Fascinating look into ppls' lives..

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
There are so many I just wouldn't know where to start.

I think that's probably why I'm such a screwed up person.

Peace,

MGGG

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Trust me when I say this. You don't want to know.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
That's the whole point though! To let go of the secrets that are eating you up that you sometimes think about at night and can't sleep. At least that's what they do to me.
My deepest darkest secret that I'll never forgive myself for?
I named my baby Tara Marie...before I--
I don't want to finish the sentence but that's my secret.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
What the hey, maybe it's a sign of healing.

I have some e-mails from my former fiancee (My Beloved is what I called her) in my e-mail box. She passed away roughly 3 years ago and I can't bear to delete them.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Not all the secrets are bad though, some are fun but not meant to be shared.

I don't have any that keep me up at night but can imagine it would be cathartic to get them out. But in the end to each his own in how they deal.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I don't have much in my life that is secret. But there are incidents in my life that don't get mentioned because other people would get hurt if they heard what had happened with a couple of things.

top topics

join