It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin Denies $150,000 Clothing Tab: YET McCain says she Needed the Clothe

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Well, ~$3,000 was for hair & LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of make up.
If it's not a big issue, then why did McCain remark that all of the cloths would be donated after the election? Funny, he didn't say who or where the clothing would be donated. Probably the Palin Charity fund

[edit on 24-10-2008 by Aggie Man]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

They know that she threatens their largest constituency and as a result, the Dems MUST destroy Sarah Palin's political career, whatever the cost. If McCain were to win and Palin come to be viewed as a successful VP (or even president herself eventually), it would significantly weaken their stranglehold on the female vote. If they lose that, they could find themselves marginalized as a national party for a very long time.

As such, the vicious and unrelenting attacks and smears on Sarah Palin and her family from the left should come as no surprise at all.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
Why is this an issue? If she did buy that many clothes, who cares?

It's no different than Michelle Obama's outrageous room service bills is it?

These people are entitled to spend whatever they want.

This class envy stuff is getting old.

Let's talk issues.

First off, it is an issue when you claim to be a "hockey mom" who is in touch with "real America."

The fact is, all these guys love the perks that get paid for with other people's money. Palin and most politicians act one way for the camera and they tend to shatter people's view of them when they find out that they are just politicians.

Also, many republicans say this is a non-issue but it wasn't a non issue when they went on and on about John Edwards and his $400 dollar haircuts.

It wasn't a non issue when they talked for days about Al Gore hiring Naomi Wolf to help him dress in earth or brown tones.

So, of course it's an issue.

[edit on 24-10-2008 by Wise Dome]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by vor78

Sorry to bust you bubble, but Palin has destroyed herself. Hell, she doesn't even know what the duties of the VP are. She has time and time again made HERSELF look like a fool. The Dems. may reap the benefits of her demise, but she did it to herself.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Seeker Mom

Well that is just it.
When both campaigns are trying to catch the attention of Americans in fear of the economy and solve the housing crisis, no one should be spending a 150k on clothes.

Now, the woman needs to look nice. I imagine quite a bit of money needs to be spent. But saks and neiman marcus is a bit excessive to me.

And the fact that she wears a lot of red means that they are playing on her looks, instead of her abilities.

And this proves that.
I think that is the only reason elected. It is not uncommon for the better looking candidate to win.

While McCain doesn't look bad at all for his age, in great shape I think, he is just not young enough to appeall to younger voters.
That is the only reason Palin was picked.
Because there was a host of other, more qualified women that could of been in that position.

While yes, this all seems so petty, and slight, especially to outsiders, there is something that needs to be understood.

This is a very tight race. The candidates are always vague on their positions. There just is not a lot to go on.

So when you just can't decide, then it comes down to the petty stuff.
Every little detail can swing you one way or the other.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
TV news is reporting that the clothing will be donated.
This was always the intention - allegedly.

She needs the clothing to look professional.
She's selling a product - herself.
Just as Obama spent all that $$$ on the faux-greek temple for his acceptance speech.

They have to look good in front of the cameras.

My take - those that donate have no idea what their money is being spent on and would be shocked if they were able to learn more about it.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
If I was consulted, she would be wearing very little.
Trust me on that.
LOL!

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
When both campaigns are trying to catch the attention of Americans in fear of the economy and solve the housing crisis, no one should be spending a 150k on clothes.

Exactly. Her clothing costs $23,000 MORE than Joe the Plumber's HOUSE!

That's the blatant hypocrisy of their stump campaign.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
Well, ~$3,000 was for hair & LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of make up.

You got that right!

Lots and LOTS of makeup!

Palin’s Makeup Stylist Fetches Highest Salary in 2-Week Period

Who was the highest paid individual in Senator John McCain’s presidential campaign during the first half of October as it headed down the homestretch?

Not Randy Scheunemann, Mr. McCain’s chief foreign policy adviser; not Nicolle Wallace, his senior communications staffer. It was Amy Strozzi, Gov. Sarah Palin’s traveling makeup artist, according to a new filing with the Federal Election Commission on Thursday night.

Ms. Strozzi, who was nominated for an Emmy award for her makeup work on the television show “So You Think You Can Dance?”, was paid $22,800 for the first two weeks of October alone, according to the records. The campaign categorized Ms. Strozzi’s payment as “Personnel Svc/Equipment.”

In addition, Angela Lew, who is Ms. Palin’s traveling hair stylist, got $10,000 for “Communications Consulting” in the first half of October.

So that would be $32,800 for a 2 week period for a makeup artist and a hair stylist!

I guess their foriegn policy advisers (and all of their other advisers) are cheaper or maybe less important than people who are putting on Palin's makeup and styling her hair!

[edit on 10/24/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

The priorities are clear. It's more important to "present" Sarah Palin's attractiveness to the public than to spend some big bucks on the campaign strategy, which is what they SO DESPERATELY need!

At least she's pretty...

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Both sides have money to spend on their campaigns and they're spending millions on advertisements. They are selling an image and the clothing is just another stage prop.

Just because it's more expensive higher end clothing than most of us can afford doesn't make it wrong. I think most of us try to wear appropriate clothing when we are job hunting. They are job hunting for the highest office of the land I would expect that they do the same.

I'm certain Obama has a few several thousand dollar suits and his wife doesn't look too shabby either. Now that I think about it Hilary could have made some better clothing decisions, she always looks like a hillbilly in a pant suit. Then again she'd need to go to the gym for a few months to clean up that image.

[edit on 24-10-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I saw the weak defense of the frivalous spending on the wardrobe by the McCain camp, some lady was saying that the Palins did not make that much money before being chosen to be a part of the ticket, I almost fell out of my chair, they made 250k per year plus, barely Joe Six pack income and hardly middle class, what a joke.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

She hasn't helped herself at times, no question about it. On the other hand, given the type and level of attacks that began about five minutes after she was picked by McCain, I stand by that statement.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78

She hasn't helped herself at times, no question about it. On the other hand, given the type and level of attacks that began about five minutes after she was picked by McCain, I stand by that statement.

I believe they gave her 24-hours before the attacks began. However, it only took her about 5 minutes to put her foot in her mouth. She is WAYYYYY under qualified for VP and she only has an 83 IQ, 3 points above legally retarded. She has no idea what the VPs job description is. She has falsified government documents and misused taxpayer money. She sounds like an airhead when she talks. McCain did his campaign irreparable damage when he selected her for VP. The only energy she brought was to the REP. base (you know that SMALL group). Stand by your statement all you want, that doesn't make it correct!

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I really don't know why its that surprising to you. Democrats will protect their base, just as Republicans will. Anything that is a threat to that base must be destroyed politically. If the Dems were to run an Evangelical, for instance, the Republicans would do the exact same thing to that person.

As for your political trolling and attempts to anger me...meh. You're going to have to do better than that.

[edit on 25-10-2008 by vor78]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by phinubian
I saw the weak defense of the frivalous spending on the wardrobe by the McCain camp,

They've now got a few more allegations to defend against now!

Flashback: McCain Said Campaign Cash for Clothes 'Erodes Public Confidence'

Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) supported restrictions on the use of campaign funds for “inherently personal purposes,” specifically denouncing the use of such funds on “clothing purchases”:

MCCAIN: Madam President, the amendment before the Senate is a very simple one. It restricts the use of campaign funds for inherently personal purposes. The amendment would restrict individuals from using campaign funds for such things as home mortgage payments, clothing purchases … and vacations or other trips that are noncampaign in nature. […]

The use of campaign funds for items which most Americans would consider to be strictly personal reasons, in my view, erodes public confidence and erodes it significantly.

Hmmm, sounds like it's, "do as I say, not as I do."

It's a "simple amendment" that McCain's campaign obviously can't follow!

Here's another link that has a lot more info about this!

McCain on Palin's "Slush Fund"

[edit on 10/25/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78

As for your political trolling and attempts to anger me...meh. You're going to have to do better than that.

[edit on 25-10-2008 by vor78]

Political trolling?!?!?!
Whatever, that was a straight forward response. If it were trolling, then the mods would have deleted it and reprimanded me. Someone has a bee in their bonnet, to put it nicely!

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Obama’s Hawaii Trips Cost More Than Palin’s Clothes

www.newsmax.com...

I have seen every news station, and every newspaper go after Palin, for how much her clothes cost. Yet have not seen one news story or news article on Obama's ..News is bias..noooooooo..lol

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MissysWorld

His trip is to see his ailing Grandmother. Its not for politics its for family.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MissysWorld

Not only was his trip to see his ill grandmother, I highly doubt he used TAX PAYER money to go do it. Palin can spend all the money she wants on trips and cloths, so long as she does it with her personal funds. It's not the cost, it's where the money comes from that matters.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join