It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iceland being enslaved!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Being enslaved? You guys deserve that.

Your debt is 260000 US dollar per capita.

One year ago, I checked the country GDP list, Iceland is no. 4 (per capita), 50% higher than UK. At that time, I thought Iceland has a lot of oil wells like Norway. Now I realized you have a lot of banks. Iceland banks provided probably the highest interest rate in the world to attract money from other countries (for example some UK local governments and Universities) and use it as their own.

hi if you sucked blood of other people, don't complain being enslaved.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lastone

Hummmm that's intresting..

I can't stop thinking about Oil ... Greenland ... norht atlantic... and Isceland.

I just don't know why.... lol

I agree. Its not Icelands green energy they want. Its Oil.

money.cnn.com...

The Arctic: Oil's last frontier
Twenty-five percent of the world's untapped reserves could lie near the North Pole, but politics could prove harder to crack than the ice.

business.timesonline.co.uk...

Iceland is to join the growing rush of countries aiming to tap into the potentially vast oil and gas reserves of the Arctic. Reykjavik is hoping to attract investment from some of the world's biggest oil companies as it finalises the terms for its first offshore licences.

Several British groups and StatoilHydro, of Norway, are among those considering submitting bids in January for about 100 exploration licences. They cover 40,000sqkm of ocean more than 300km northeast of Iceland and south of the Norwegian Jan Mayen islands.

It always makes your bid more attractive if you can get the seller in a desperate position first. Notice that several British groups were hoping to bid. Now, Iceland is going to have to accept a far less attractive price.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Man_Versus_AntiMan

Not sure about dictatorship but a one world government looks likely. They have learned from Hitlers mistakes. Control the finances, control the people.

Why go in the front door guns blazing when the back door has been left ajar???

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Man_Versus_AntiMan

Anyone who believes this was premeditated a long time ago, or believes this is a precursor to some global genocide, or a mineral grab for arctic oil, is frankly not a passenger on HMS Reality.

Who cares if it was opportunistic or planned and premeditated?

Your whole argument about genius economist not being able to predict months into the future is a good one. But, if you are manipulating a system, you dont need to predict its natural movements do you?

When even us morons on the bottom have been worrying over an economic collapse, for months and months, are you really going to try to convince us that all of these people in power never even saw this coming?

Doubtful. If anyone is talking like a sheeple, me thinks it is you.

You probably believe we went in to liberate the Iraqi's from that wicked Saddam too, dont you? And, you probably believe we hate Hugo Chavez because he is just a really scary guy. The fact that those two guys just happen to be standing between greedy powerful bastiges and huge oil reserves is pure coincidence I am sure. Right.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   

NWO plans are very real. I know the conditioning is tough to break free from but you must try and let it go.......

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Waldy

I've outlined here on ATS, through various posts, who is responsible and why. Here's a good link for the 'uninformed'.

MUST READ Timeline of the Rothschild

IAMTHEWITNESS

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Perseus Apex

Many dismiss this idea because they have never done the research. They believe that anyone who accepts "conspiracy theories" are crackpots or suffering from paranoid delusions. Yet, those who believe there are no conspiracies may be the ones who are deluded - along with most of the world's population. It is something to consider. It is also a scary thought, which becomes a bit scarier when reading Nesta's books. They lay out, in historical perspective, how these secret societies and subversive movements have operated and controlled things from behind the scenes...

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Originally posted by Lastone

Hummmm that's intresting..

I can't stop thinking about Oil ... Greenland ... norht atlantic... and Isceland.

I just don't know why.... lol

I agree. Its not Icelands green energy they want. Its Oil.

It is both. Or rather combined it is about controlling energy and more importantly that the main, realistically, implementable, cleanist form of sustainable energy does not become 'free energy'. They can only do that by placing the emphasis on oil, deflecting with Tesla and bio-fuel nonsense until a time when they can control hydro and thermo-electric power generation. At the moment the only limitations on widespread implementation of Hydro-power is the lack of public awareness of it's real potential to free us from fossil fuels.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Sorry, I must have missed the bit where Gordon Brown / EU / US / Illuminati / NWO / The Greys / International House of Pancakes (please delete as appropriate to suit your particular conspiracy theory) forced the Icelandic banks to lend out 5 times more than the entire county's GPD

Let's face it; Iceland has been living in a fantasy world (like so many others), where a country of 300,000 people, with the "world's smallest currency" thought they could be an international finance centre - Masters of the Universe striding the globe. Their "billionaires" have been buying up chunks of the UK for years - huge high street chains, football clubs, infrastructure etc. Now it turns up most of this was based on funny money and terrible debts - a pyramid scheme that collapsed.

If you want to look for a conspiracy look at the 20 or so Icelandic bankers conspired to massively enrich themselves running this Ponzi scheme and the Icelandic politicians who bought into it. This is a pattern repeated around the world, but Iceland was far to small to cope with the fallout.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Recession is a part of the economic cycle, it was a certainty, and likely to be tough especially after the massive boom weve had these past 10 years. The bigger they are, the harder they fall right?

Everyone knew it would happen, as everyone knows winters going to follow summer, try and pinpoint specifics and you may aswell be guessing. Business analysts attempt to highlight these areas of concern, and investers react accordingly. Closer to the event, the greater the accuracy.

As i said in a previous post, the UK government has been aware of this since at least June, and that is on the record. The reason they chose to ignore the warning is open to speculation.

Believe it or not, just because i disagree with your great conspiracy does not mean i havnt done my "research" (which seems to be code round here for believing everything Icke says), i just formulate my own opinions based on reason, instead of believing what others say.

Please show me what evidence there is for NWO or Illuminati involvement in the collapse of Icelands banking system. Because all the evidence i can see suggests they were just victims of mismanagement and wider economic conditions. A perfect storm from a complex system. Saying 'well they control everything man' is not good enough im afraid.

As for Iraq, obviously it was a venture capitalist enterprise, thats the nature of war and always has been. As for Chavez, well he didnt want to play americas game, and is surviving due to having a big mouth and saying 'They are after me'. Attempts to destablise your enemies is the nature of international politics and always has been.

The sheep analogy refers to the fact that they chose a leader and follow it blindly. I come to my own conclusions based on the spectrum of available information. Have you any wool?

[edit on 25-10-2008 by Man_Versus_AntiMan]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Have you any wool?

Why, yes. It's called HCG BBC Philippines.

I bought it off Google.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Da' "Bankers"... (we all know who "they" are) operate much like the Mafia thugs do in a Martin Scorsese flick. The "Bankers" move into a society when the people get into trouble and simply need more money to survive in a "changing" world. The world changes once a new trend begins that threatens to replace what used to work just fine. People get scared so they move on to the new and improved version of life... to get there they must first crawl to the "Bankers" and beg for "credit". So the downfall begins... it is planned and it always ends the same way. Just like a Scorsese Mafia flick when the thugs offer their assistance(money) to a struggling businessman they move in with the money and then proceed to raid the company until the business fails. Icelanders simply wanted to survive in a changing world. They went to the Godfather and the rest is history. Icelanders may not have wanted any of your crap. They like the rest of us are forced... YES FORCED... to modernize and keep up with the dictates of technology. Maybe they didn't want your computers, TVs, cars, etc... but like the rest of us we find ourselves slaves to a system that we neither understand or want but participate in because we are forced to do so. It would be nice to live like the Amish do... but unfortunately most don't have the connections or funds. Like rats trapped in Ratopolis we survive as best we can.

[edit on 10/25/2008 by KOGDOG]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
When whole Nations are beeing fooled it means to me that they are not just a bunch of stupid people.

It takes a well crafted plan, or conspiracy, to fool that many people.
Something more structural is beeing played out here.
I find it way to easy that all these peole in iceland had to see this comming.

How about all those central banks, why didnt they see it comming ?
The math is not so hard it seems.

If people on this board say that they saw this comming clearly, why did our central banks didnt see this?
Are they less of experts than people on this board ?
Or did they see this comming clearly to.

If they did, and i suspect they did, they should have informed the people of their coutries they are are banking for.

When this many people, a whole country, fall in such a trap, there is more going on.
Something more structural.

The robbing of complete defenceless nations.

Who will be next ?

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaamaan
If people on this board say that they saw this comming clearly, why did our central banks didnt see this?
Are they less of experts than people on this board ?
Or did they see this comming clearly to.

If youd read carefully you would have noticed that no one said they saw this coming clearly. No specifics, only general economic trends. And you you should become familiar with the principles of high risk investment banking before calling conspiracy. They all ride the wave till the end, hoping things will work, if they do then champagne breakfasts all round, if they dont then its an asphalt sarny.

Also its easy to fool whole nations when a) They only consist of 300,000 people and b) No-one knows what the hells going on anyway, not even those in charge. Complex systems not even supercomputers can handle.

No one understands economics, the fact that its called a science is highly debateable imo. Its this fact that feeds the conspiracists, trying to make order out of chaos. There isnt any. Look up the insights of Edward Lorenz.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by FatherLukeDuke

"Sorry, I must have missed the bit "

Sorry to tell you but you have been missing alot.

If a bank is located in Iceland .. it's an Icelandic bank is it ?

Do you still believe that banks around the world work independently and not as troops in War making what the general that is never present tells them to ?
Remember the word CAPITAL....

Who controls the banking system? Who controls IMF ? Who controls The World Bank ?
Why did the Icelandic goverment refused the IMF help and is looking to Russia for help?

Remember the word CAPITAL....

Why are they blocking Russia from "helping" Iceland. Why is Russia trying to have military bases on icelandic soil in return for "help"?

www.russiatoday.com...

"Iceland's once-flourishing economy came close to collapse as credit markets froze.
It's been forced to take over three of the country's largest banks, shut down stock trading and abandon attempts to defend its free-falling currency.
However, according to the country’s Prime Minister, Geir Haarde, Iceland has refused the aid offered by the International Monetary Fund earlier this week."

Remember Iceland is a NATO member.
Nato left the airbase at Keflavik 2 years ago and Russia is going for it.
Why did NATO left the base? hummm it makes you think about it doesn't it.
Could they do this to Iceland having a NATO base in the country?

They are doing everything they can to make Iceland ask for help to the IMF not Russia..... Why?

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Is it ??

I do not think so.

It is a labyrinth and who is looking dow at it ... the masters, the labirinth keepers controling all the doors the exits just have to close some doors and hopen others. Your walking the labirinth and you will go to the selected exit looking at it as the only option.... Why ? Could you see the other doors and exits? Was it the only option?

It wasn't.... They just made it as so.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Word "conspiracy" was invented to make people feel ashamed of trying to understand the world around them.

Crisis is another word for transferring money from those who have earned it by working long and hard hours to those at the top of the monetary system.

Money has not disappeared (it has not been eaten or burnt...) - it is in someones pocket now. You do not need Icke's advise to understand it

Open your eyes.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by FIFIGI

Word "conspiracy" was invented to make people feel ashamed of trying to understand the world around them.

No it wasnt. Its a word to describe a private plan between 2 or more parties.

I need to open my eyes? Look im not some kid arguing for the sake of it. Ive made my living in both defence procurement and the financial sector, both in government and private corporations. Ive seen what goes on, i myself have drafted contracts for services from some of the biggest named companies in the western world. Ive signed the official secrets act 3 times. I know there are back room deals, unofficial gifts for favours and clandestine deals in smokey rooms. This is the nature of human interaction regardless of whether its in a business, social or any other environment. Needless to say, my eyes are open, and i am very cynical because of it. But - I AM A REALIST.

It is the way the system works, and it is a system that has evolved over millenia with us, it is the way we work. It is reflective of us as a species.

The thing that really puzzles me about some of the views here and on this site are that, a) any of you are suprised and angered that people exploit situations to make money, b) any of you are suprised and angered that companies have long term strategies and most of all c) you take all of this to be a sign of evil!

Really, i mean, come on...

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   

It is the way the system works, and it is a system that has evolved over millenia with us, it is the way we work. It is reflective of us as a species.

Ok, realist, if this is the way the system works, (and I agree that it IS the way the "system" works) how does that translate into "thats the way WE work?"

If everyone was this way, there would be no one to exploit. This "system" is now, and has been for millenia, a system of farming some more cooperative humans for the benefit of the few much less cooperative humans. Thats why there is a "them" vs "us" mentality here. We the farmed know we are being farmed by those who look at us as mere domesticated animals to work or slaughter as they see fit.

If you are one of the "back room dealers" you may very well have convinced yourself that that is how ALL humans operate. It might make you feel better about yourself to do so. But, the numbers if you look at them, will show you that it simply isnt true. The vast majority of us are NOT incredibly greedy, willing to do anything at any cost simply to get richer. Thats why so many of us are "losers." (Common people rather than big players.) We do have self interest. No question. And we will reach for more stuff. But if we see the blood that extra stuff costs, the majority of us stop reaching for it. When we see the human suffering that having more engenders, the majority choose not to have more. As long as we have enough. Great lengths are gone to to conceal from consumers the real "cost" of their consumerism. Why? Because unlike the elite, when we clearly see the suffering of others, it makes us disinclined to pursue those items.

It isnt about intelligence. Many of us know exactly what it takes to get ahead in this system, and we simply dont want to do it. We would rather live more simply, and have "enough" and not rape and pillage. most people simply are not driven that way. We arent lazy. Many of us work harder, longer hours, more years, than any of those riding the wave of greed. We arent stupid. Many of us understand exactly what it takes, and how to do it. We just think the price is too high. We may fight among ourselves over issues, but most of us do NOT think that other humans are expendable toy soldiers.

The thing that really puzzles me about some of the views here and on this site are that, a) any of you are suprised and angered that people exploit situations to make money, b) any of you are suprised and angered that companies have long term strategies and most of all c) you take all of this to be a sign of evil!

Maybe that will explain it to you a little more clearly. To a more cooperative sort of people, those who are willing to get by with less to make sure their neighbors also get by, all of the above ARE undesirable qualities. Most of us are not surprised by the greed of the elite, but we can be surprised (and angered) at how far the elite are willing to go to acquire MORE. We are surprised because although all humans are self interested, there is a real human divide.

One, the smaller set, feels that their self interest is theirs and theirs alone. They feel above and separate from other humans. They look at us as the stupid sheeple to be fleeced or slaughtered if their own interests call for it.

The second, the larger set, recognizes to varying degree that our self interest is also the interests of others. We know that we need each other to survive, and we are willing to sacrifice our comforts and our own self interests, even our very lives at times, for the greater good.

It is this second group of people to whom you are speaking. We dont need Icke to tell us what we are up against, our "class" of people has always known that there is another kind of human out there. The names may change, they may be elaborated on as physically "not human" (whether or not that is the truth) but they ARE different from us. And we know it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join