It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AT 6:11 AM-CNBC blamed Illuminati by name for Stock Market Crash

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I spoke with my uncle who is a top level guy a Raymond James..he said the guy who said this is extremely smart and highly respected on Wall Street. He hadn't heard about the comment until I informed him and his initial reaction was laughter...kind of like "I can't believe he went there"..he's waiting for the YouTube video now.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I believe that he was referring to the Illuminati(the group) and not the illuminati(a term/concept used to describe the influence of the super-elite on the world/a government/a financial system) here's why; the Illuminati, both group and concept, is not a widely known (except for its growth in popularity following Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code, which, in my mind makes that term fictional in many peoples eyes) group/concept. So, when you're on a mainstream news outlet, you don't use terms that would confuse your audience, unless it's necessary to bring attention to a specific topic/group.

He would have just said ‘elite’, a very popular mainstream term, if he were referring to a generic group, not Illuminati. He’s was directing his message to people like us. People who know what he’s talking about.

[edit on 24-10-2008 by PortableModel]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by nsaeyes

There is no need to wait for the Youtube video as a link to the video has already been posted from a 6 minute clip of the show.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ninthaxis

where's the link? he wants to watch it..

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I am not sure if I even buy this who NWO/Illuminati scenario anymore. I mean let's seriously think about when this information/theory came about. It has only been in the last few years that I began to hear about 'them' what about the rest of you? Isn't it possible that this could be a disinfo campaign with a particular agenda. Maybe part of a huge false flag ops, couldn't this be another way of prepping a base of support for a particular action? What about stoking the flames for an uprising to something that is pre-planned? What if it is need for justification of some actions? I think we do need to open our eyes and minds to ALL possibilities not just stay latched onto one. Honestly if we really look at all of the 'evidence' it is mostly circumstantial isn't it? Do we really have solid proof of any of this? Granted the circumstantial evidence can be a strong case, but if it is all part of an operation it could be designed that way. Maybe
'they' need people to believe in the NWO/Illuminati as part of a bigger plan? There was a time when I was completely on board, but now I wonder isn't it possible that the circle of power exists but isn't as big/influential as it seems? couldn't it be possible to implement a scenario as a conspiracy theory and reflect it in reality? I believe it is, but just not sure why... Just some thoughts

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Ok , so now someone has said it on television. It is not , however a word that is unfamilliar with readers of printed reportage , history of economy , and of course anyone who is familiar in totality with the history of the first and second world wars.
If this is name dropping , with the intent of creating a familiarity with the masses as a whole, then that can mean only one thing long term. Someone , or some someones are going to be getting out in the open.
Now some amongst you will realise how dangerous that could be for all of us . They Themselves will believe that they cannot be touched , that They are impregnable. They are not. They are flesh and blood and bones. And Dollar bills and Pound notes , are great protection against things like litigation and arrest... but they dont do diddly to stop a bullet.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Ok, I hate to be that guy, but it seems no one understands what the word illuminati means...

Forgive me if a previous poster has already stated this but, the context of the word was this...

"... - ..."the illuminati of this country, if you will..."

Illuminati is latin for enlightened. In other words, all he said was "...(so and so)..(aka) the enlightened of this country, if you will".

I highly doubt he was referring to a secret society, just an elect group of financiers, who he just named, which are the "illuminati" of this country's FINANCIAL system.

People are kind of missing the tone and context of what he said.

Again, sorry to be THAT guy, but lets be honest for once...

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I think Supercetari is spot on in this post and some other folks since. I believe he was using "illuminati" as a term for "American elite".

This reminds me exactly of a situation during the Gulf War when televison news was showing some tape of bombs hitting Baghdad and General Schwartzkopf made a comment about "that was a hit on the AT&T of Iraq". I happened to be at AT&T at the time, and all hell broke loose. What he meant to convey was the structure belonged to the equivalent of AT&T in Iraq, and not a facility that belonged to AT&T in Iraq.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by nsaeyes

Here's the link that was given by anonymous.
CNBC

If you start around the 3:15 mark, you will hear the Illuminati comment.

[edit on 24-10-2008 by ninthaxis]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by seejanerun

I thought it particularly relevant in light of todays market action ... it seems the PPT is hard at work ...

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I watched the link a couple of times. In context, I think he was saying exactly what he meant to say. He used the term Illuminati very specifically, where others with fear would have stumbled over a generic term for the controlling elite.
To correct a few quotes, he actually says "the illuminati of this country" which, IMO, means the PTB or controlling elite organization that we all know of as the Illuminati. I agree that it was very specifically focused as a message to those that are in the know. On the flipside, because the interview was then spun, the panel immediately picked up on two things:
1. they cannot make reference to "quack" with a man so highly respected in this field,
2. they have to change the focus of the conversation and slide away from any context that will cement his claim or give him a reason to delve deeper.

I am just waiting to hear this come up in daily conversation to see what reaction people are going to have and just how many people are going to spin this based on the notion that so many believe the Illuminati to be just a mythological, conspiracy nut's shadow reason for everything that goes wrong.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
"..wrong footed move by the illuminati of the country, if you will..."

so ya, it sounded more like he was using that just as one would use 'the powers that be', not naming 'the' Illuminati.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I was just surfing the news and came across this page. It is kind of an ominous looking memo.
Has anyone seen it or does anyone have any idea what it could mean?

Memo from the Illuminati...

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by toepick

Im sorry but I would tend to disagree with that.

Since when is a word like Illuminati used as a sweeping and broad generalization of the "powers that be"?

Illuminati is a specific group, not a vague term. Hank Paulsons name was thrown in at the beginning of his phrase "a bad move by Hank Paulson and the Illuminati of this country".

Why not banking elite or financial elite, or any term other than "illuminati"?

I dont think knowing what a lot of people know about that specific group, that anyone would just toss it around as a generalization. He was referencing specific people, and more importantly the group who has been mastering this financial attack from the beginning.

Edit for spelling

[edit on 10/24/08 by BlackOps719]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by dhunter

You seriously believe the illuminati, a 200 year old secret society, would publish a memo

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
My thoughts exactly.....why THAT term?

Why not powers that be, elite, higher ups.....anything but that?!?

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Agreed totally and absolutely.

No one has answered this question: Why spefically name the illuminati? The Bilderberg group would've been a much more constructive label for the elite - not Adam Weishaupt and his Bavarian secret society.

[edit on 24-10-2008 by infinite]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by dhunter

You seriously believe the illuminati, a 200 year old secret society, would publish a memo

Not that I believe it was for real - I just wanted to know if the Illuminati in the memo was maybe referring to the 'enlightened' rather than the group.

I think I phrased it wrong in my first post.

I thought it looked like some kind of "we are the power... we are in control here..." type thing with the way it was worded. Just thought it was a weird thing to see posted.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Also yesterday on Fox Business channel, on the "Happy Hour" show, Cody(dont know his last name) said illuminati at least 10 times. Might want to check that one as well.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Still, just the simple fact that he used the word "illuminati" speaks volumes in and of itself.

That particular word is a BIG no-no in mainstream media. It's a very taboo thing to do.
Given the level of intelligence this guy displays, I have no doubt he said it on purpose for a specific reason. He is not the type of person to just blurt stuff like that out for giggles and shock value. He took a big risk in saying that, and he new it. Did you notice how both anchors and the other guest nearly started flaming him as soon as he said it? He hardly got a word in edgewise after that, everyone was busy interrupting him.
They wanted his mouth shut until they could get him off the air.

I think the guy is basically saying,
"the markets are controlled, by the illuminati or elite, and what they did, I disagree with."

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join