It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Dissident Hu Wins EU Prize in Snub to Beijing (Update1)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Chinese Dissident Hu Wins EU Prize in Snub to Beijing (Update1)

www.bloomberg.com

Chinese dissident Hu Jia won the European Parliament's top human rights prize, in a snub to the Beijing government that may strain relations between Europe and China.

A campaigner for civil rights and environmental cleanup, Hu was jailed for 3 1/2 years after testifying to European lawmakers in November 2007. He beat two other finalists for the prize, named for the late Soviet dissenter Andrei Sakharov.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
afp.google.com
www.rfa.org

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
What can those pesky communists do about it, huh? Absolutely nothing, ha ha ha ha.

It's about time the west snub china back and show them who's the boss. The west should do this a long time ago, otherwise china will try to mess around with west.

Now, if only the US do the same thing, something outrageous. It is much better for the US if she's not to close to china, especially since unemployment in US is pretty high right now. Jobs should be moved back to the US.

www.bloomberg.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
This morning as I was making coffee, I heard the news anchor mention that the Chinese government had warned the EU that they essentially "better not do it" or the relationship would suffer. I immediately thought, "God, I hope they do it. I really, really hope they do it--just to spite the bastards." Thank goodness they did. I only hope that the Chinese gov't does not retaliate by escalating the current human rights abuses (oh, I'm sorry, "alleged" human rights abuses
).

[edit on 24/10/08 by paperplanes]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I absolutely agree with you. By doing business with countries that ignore human rights laws, we trivialize the morals of our own countries.
to Chinese human rights abusers

new topics

top topics

join