It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alarm Clocks and Phone Calls

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
For about a year I've been noticing a weird thing I do with Alarm Clocks and Phone Calls. If the Alarm clock is set to go off at a certain time, I'll wake up a few minutes before it no matter what. If somebody is set to call me at a certain time, I'll be sleeping and wake up moments before my phone rings even if I don't know the time they're going to call me before hand.

Does anybody else have this? It's nothing major, but it's kind of cool.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Agree, I have a form of this.
When preparing food, I'll often go to the microwave to see if it's ready just 1-4 seconds before the "ding" sound

Also when someone calls, I sometimes know who it's before answering, and often am right.
Talk about unconscious wisdom....

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
yes this often happens to me as well.

people have their own internal clock and they are accurate to varying degrees in different people.

i tend to wake up before my alarm or some important time because i like to be punctual and i think over the years i've sort of trained myself to be that way.

the upside, of course, is not having to hear that annoying sound of my alarm clock but if i were to oversleep, i have that alarm as a fail safe.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I've experienced similar symptoms, I also get weird urges to call people and when they pick up they always say "I was just thinking about calling you." Kinda weird but makes me feel like maybe there is more to this then we know.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
This happens to me all the time. I think it's because I hate the "shocking" feeling I get from being awoken by the hideous sound of my alarm, or my phone, so I wake up before it can scare the crap out of me.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
yeah there was a thread I commented on a while back about a similar thing happening to someone. Check it out here....
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

To answer your question....YES.

I do the same thing, I wake up before my alarm, usually only a couple minutes before. I do it almost without fail. Once recently I woke mere seconds before my alarm started. It doesn't even seem to matter if I get much sleep or not. It's an interesting phenomenon, I'll see what kind of info I can dig up on it...

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Ok I found some cool info....

This first link describes the adverse effects on children who have very messed up circadian rhythms AKA body clocks.
www.cnn.com...

And this one shows that people with healthy body clocks tend to keep weight off. This is interesting because I definitely do not gain weight. It doesn't matter what, how much or when I eat.
www.sciencedaily.com...

It seems so far that this consistent body clock that we share is very healthy.
Question for the OP.....and forgive me if this is too personal, but for the sake of the thread...

Do you gain much weight? Or does you body clock keep the lbs off too?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
This is definitely something I have experienced. I actually was advised many years ago by a friend to experiment with it. Before you go to sleep you concentrate on the time you want to wake up, and surprisingly you seem to wake up exactly at that time. Setting an alarm clock is just another way of concentrating your energy onto that time.
Try it yourself. Tell yourself to wake up at a certain time. You may be surprised.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
There is nothing paranormal about any of the content in this thread at all. It is all easily explainable by science.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Its your body clock which is about a 24 hour and 11 minutes daily cycle, there is science behind it, your brain is still very concious of time even though your sleeping.

MORE INFO HERE: news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 28-10-2008 by fill0000]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
have had this happen but one case was extra odd that has left me shaken.

One night I had a dream that this girl i hadn't talked to in about a year who i REALLY liked sent me a phone call. In my dream she called and wasnt making sense. She was jsut babbling saying things in a mondone confuzing way. When i first answered the phone i was really happy then as i heard her, bas as she was talking i started to get really scared and worried for her as she seemed in danger almost, then she hung up. I then woke up completely freaked out. I thought about it, was really confused and upset when i realized it was only a dream and that she didn't actually call as i really liked this girl at the time i knew her. I went back to sleep.

When i woke up about 6 hours later i turned my phone on and when it turned on i had received a text message during the night from her saying. "Hi how are you" I haven't heard from her in over a year at this time and i hadn't even thought of this girl in about a year either. Just very odd! especially after the very odd dream. I have never had a dream like this before. Just the feel of it was odd.

Makes you wonder how we may be connected to other people and how dreams are somehow more than just random fixations of the mind.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
There is nothing paranormal about any of the content in this thread at all. It is all easily explainable by science.

That would be nice to see. The internal clock I can agree with, but as far as I know, MS science just calls you knowing who will call or calling people who are about to call you, mere coincidence.
I do believe it is fairly easily explained by a science we have yet to see taken seriously and officially, or by aspects of an existing science applied in a different manner, perhaps I am just out of the loop. As far as meaningful coincidence, I think C. Jung covered that with the coined term synchronicity; very cool stuff.
I wouldnt believe in synchronicity, if following it as if each occurrence were a sign unto the next, didnt prove to be at the very least intriguingly intellectually/spiritually(same thing?) beneficial and stimulating.
I always make note of what I am thinking about at the point of noticing the synchronicity and contrast it with the nature of the coincidence as well as factoring in the frequency of certain aspects within certain synchronicities,(I have a personal number system I use that I wont go into)
Im at a point where Im constantly surrounded by "synchronicity", and when I notice the occurrences waning I know I am not in what I consider "the flow". The flow for me is basically an internal knowing that everything is going to work out perfectly, being out of the flow simply means I have some sort of internal anxiety that in turn intends to keep me preoccupied with internal drama versus being humbly content in being able to be completely aware of my surroundings to notice the constant synchronicity around me as well as those close to me.
Its really weird, the longer I go 'in the flow' the more intense things get, the quicker and more constant are premonitions of who is calling, perfect timing left and right without any worry for things that have nothing to do with internal clocks like other people finishing a project, to just walking down the right alley to find $20. As if the universe were there with your every step whispering 'im there for you'. Im telling you friend, find your flow zone...

It all starts with noticing the 'glitches' in the matrix, then before you know it, everything comes full circle and you ARE the glitch that the others begin to notice...

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by psychedeliack

Someone else has noticed the synchronicity. I want to believe it is coincidence but despite rational sense it cannot be. The things I have experienced. I didn't read all of your post but do you think there may be a divine creator behind it?

join