It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internet junkies beware, The Atlas of Cyberspace

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Found this while web browsing, and thought it would be neat to see how everrything is tied together. The site offers a free download PDF for the doc which has over 300 color images and the "landscape of cyberspace".

Sounds neat to me, but I may be one of those wierd geeks who enjoys looking at maps of the internet. Am I the only one?

Come on, maybe it shows ATS it says they have mapping of online conversations and community, isn't ATS the biggest.

The book includes chapters detailing:
- mapping Internet infrastructure and traffic flows
- mapping the Web
- mapping online conversation and community
- imagining cyberspace in art, literature, and film

Update: October 2008 - The full content of the book now available for free download as a pdf.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
since I work for one of the biggest network suppliers in the world it's always interesting.

not to mention my own 8 Tn a year data traffic

edit -> mmm 228 mb, this must be good

Thanks

[edit on 23-10-2008 by Grey Magic]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Now if we can click on the map and go to the site. as if the atlas was a program. nah no one is probably thinking of that, thats crazy talk.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
This is prett sweet!

I have looked through less than a quarter of the material and like the way it is displayed in the actual doc.
They did a great job and I'm impressed, but yet too bad t was notinteractive. But then that would have requred a website and java scripting I suspect.

This doc is dang cool though, and I must suggest internet geek types have a look at it. Way informative on how the global internet is connected. I noticed some thing though, South America doesn't seem to have any major intenet access.

Hmm...

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Following on from my realising earlier in a post on ATS, how non PC/Internet able I am, where it becoming so important and evolving so quickly I have downloaded this,

Thanks much,

Of interest I saw online a while ago a previous "map" of the web in a visual way that I found almost artistic, but in a group consciousness way here:

The Opte Project

They have different maps on the link for separate times of mapping the web.

I wondered when I first saw this how long until there is the ability to have a Live feed of this displayed in such a way.

Thanks for the info to help me try and learn this subject more.

Kind Regards,

Elf.

new topics

top topics

join