It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Greatest Survival Vehicle EVER!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
farm2.static.flickr.com...
This is more like a survival vehicle

[edit on 23-10-2008 by all2human]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by all2human
farm2.static.flickr.com...
This is more like a survival vehicle

[edit on 23-10-2008 by all2human]

You Win!!!
Line 2

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Have a look on google for the Maxi Mog if you want to see the real ultimate BOV, or Allrad Christ for the number two.

if you are planning on building your own BOV get a copy of John Speeds book TRAVEL VANS, its a great step by step how to choose, design and fit out your own vehicle at a fraction of the cost of a factory built one.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Back in the real world, come on guys - too much resident evil and dead rising! Those things would be awful if you wanted to hide or go offroad anywhere other than desert.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Venit
Back in the real world, come on guys - too much resident evil and dead rising! Those things would be awful if you wanted to hide or go offroad anywhere other than desert.

A land rover wouldn't...

We could get up mountains with one of them

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Let me paint a scenario. I would say most of us either live in an apartment or suburbia house. Lots of people around. In a bad situation, one would want to get out ASAP. Go somewhere where there is not as many people around. Hopefully you have an area scouted out already with maps of how to get there.

#1 How would those that have the ability make thier own fuel if they are located anywhere near "civilization"? - Fuel would be a valuable comodity and I can't think of anything people would not do to get thier hands on it in a survival scenario. I would rule this out unless you are away from people and have enough land to hide your resources.

#2 Let's assume you escaped your suburban area and are headed towards a "vacation" land you already have picked out to wait it out. - You may want to consider the fact that others may have the same location in mind also so you may still want or need to venture out further. Distance will be an important issue in the fact that depending on when you stage your "vacation" you may not be able to fill up with fuel except 1 or 2 times before your out. High gas mileage is critical and off-road would be preferred in case you need to stay away from roads. I would suggest a good dirt bike.

#3 Make sure you can carry enough key survival tools to ensure your own safety to survive on your "vacation". Keep it light, stock up on knowledge beforehand and apply to practce your knowledge on camping trips in the mean time hoping we never have to depend on said knowledge. Those of you with a family and babies, LEAVE THE HUGGIES BEHIND! Never underestimate the power of a few linens and some soap to re-use em. Soap is easy to make from scratch.

#4 Depending on how long-term your "vacation" may end up, count on other "vacationers" trying to steal your supplies. Learn how to defend yourself and learn how to make tools for personal defense in the wild. Never underestimate the power of a spear in the hands of someone who knows how to throw it accuratly. It is extremely easy to make from just about anything. You can use it for hunting too, though this takes more skill getting in closer to said game.

#5 Water - the single most important item in any "vacation" situation is procurement of sterile water. This should be item #1 in your agenda. A human body can go weeks without food but we cannot go past 4 days without water in a calm cool environment. Dehydration is our worst enemy. Another valuable commodity that others will want to steal from you.

#6 Medicine - Many plants can be valuable for medicinal purposes. Learn the plants in your area (how to identify them, which part is valuable, how to prepare the plant) and thier uses for medicinal purposes.

Stick with the resources in your area and not what you may find elsewhere.

Just some things to consider.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
What would one be surviving from in that truck? Would survival depend on ability to move about the landscape?

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaxium

The key to any survival situation is 1) Positive survival attitude

and 2) Flexibility.

Agree with all you said.

Multiple vehicles, multiple forward prepared positions (as far away from urban

settings as possible), and multiple backup plans.

Getting from A to B to C is the challenge, different every time.

Good luck to us all - and remember not to shoot at one another unless

being attacked first!!!

[edit on 10/27/2008 by drphilxr]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I am a firm believer in BOV and this looks like its right up there with the best of them. The price tho is a little hard to swallow.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
ebay

Id take this baby. Convert it to run on veg oil and get an enormous interior fuel reservoir.

Throw some heavy ram bars and maybe some plating, seal it up and install a hepa filtration unit. Heavy duty winch, armored tire covering. mmmm

(fixed link)

[edit on 13/11/08 by Jbird]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
why dont you just buy and convert a ZIL, or a KAMAZ? all you need to do is cut the back of the cab and back and add a door between them, add a water tank and perhaps a long range fuel tank (if they need one). nothing like roaming the countryside in a ZIL.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
OMG... this it's been a looooong time since I have drooled over anything. If I could afford one of these... I'd buy it right now.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   
The only way to go is diesel engine for a bug out truck.

If the zombies are ever persistent then I will take a Vulcan 500 instead. High MPG motorcycle with enough get up and go to outrun even the Resident Evil zombies...

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
does it have bullet proof glass?

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Rambo, out with his biker friends again? www.motorcycle.com...

[edit on 14-11-2008 by all2human]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by all2human

Sweet...

They said this truck had room to hold a motorcycle, let's hope it is this one.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
How about something a little more realistic for civilians like an Earth Roamer?

www.earthroamer.com...

Btw, if anyone wants more info about survival/expedition vehicles I am pretty knowledge about Jeeps and other off-road vehicles. I'm an active member in many off-road forums and drive a modded Jeep.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Some of you might be concerned about where you would get fuel for your Unicat or Max Mog survival vehicle in the event of a zombie outbreak.

In the first instance, might I suggest a diesel engine version for resilience and easy maintenance (I would advise that all survivalists do a solid mechanic's course). Secondly, most municipal vehicular depots, farms, police stations and hospitals have diesel tanks.

Assuming that other survivors are using these facilities as redoubts and you have nothing to trade, then you might consider purchasing biofuel manufacturing kits or try building your own with expert advise before the apocalypse of the undead.

Here is the link on biofuel

www.biocogreenstar.co.uk...

You can use the veggie diesel to power your diesel generators at base camp.

journeytoforever.org...

You might be thinking where are you going to get vegetable oil from when there is no more civilization. How about the fat traps of abandoned fast food chain restaurants. The hydrogenated vegetable fat caked in the sewerage of our cities have an indefinite shelf life and can be mined. So you might consider purchasing spelunking gear and noxious gas detectors.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join