It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Muslim voters are election year outcasts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   

U>S> Muslim voters are election year outcasts

www.sfgate.com

The retired general, who was President Bush's first secretary of state, made the comments on NBC's "Meet the Press," as he broke with his party to endorse the Democratic nominee for president. Powell noted in last Sunday's broadcast that Republican John McCain did not spread rumors about Obama's faith, but Powell said he was "troubled" that others did.

"The correct answer is, he is not a Muslim, he's a Christian. He's always been a Christian. But the really right answer is, what if he is? Is there something wrong with being a Muslim in this country? The answer's no, that's not America," Powell said. "Yet, I have heard senior members of my own party drop the suggestion, `He's a Muslim and he might be associated (with) terrorists.' This is not the way we should be doing it in America."
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 23-10-2008 by Sestias]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
According to this article, Colin Powell's remarks on behalf of American Muslims were much welcomed in the Muslim community, where they feel themselves "Lepers, outcasts, politically radioactive" in this election year. They feel the word "Muslim" is being used as a smear, implying that they are all terrorists and any association with them is an association with terrorism. Although Obama has done some outreach toward them, Powell's affirmation is felt especially strongly.

With all the threads insisting on Obama's ties to the Muslim faith, the use of his middle name, ad nauseam, it's good to hear Powell say what needs to be said in support of the vast majority of U.S. Muslims.

www.sfgate.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Other than Muslims voting for Obama for the obvious reasons, why else would they support him? He avoids them at all costs and his campaign goes out of their way to make sure they are not seen at any rallies, to the point of physically moving them out of the picture.

Obama wants Muslim support he just doesn't want anyone to know about it.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Other than Muslims voting for Obama for the obvious reasons, why else would they support him?

cpouldnt help but bite this one ....... and pray tell the obvious reason for them to vote for Obama would be?

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

Beat me to it NOoB!

I Would like to know as well???

Is it anything like that lady who said she was afraid of Obama because "he's an Arab"???

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Muslims may support obama more than mccain because mccain thinks negatively of them. Like said above, that one lady said she was afraid of obama cuz he was Arab which showed how dumb some are..

But Mccain turned and smiled and said something about obama be a worthy candidate and a good guy as if agreeing that muslims are negative.....

Not the best point, but I did like how John Stewart ripped him apart because of it.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

"Yet, I have heard senior members of my own party drop the suggestion, `He's a Muslim and he might be associated (with) terrorists.'

He "might" be associated with terrorists?

Despite having authored two autobiographies, Barack Obama has never written about his most important executive experience. From 1995 to 1999, he led an education foundation called the Chicago Annenberg Challenge (CAC), and remained on the board until 2001. The group poured more than $100 million into the hands of community organizers and radical education activists.

The CAC was the brainchild of Bill Ayers, a founder of the Weather Underground in the 1960s. Among other feats, Mr. Ayers and his cohorts bombed the Pentagon, and he has never expressed regret for his actions. Barack Obama's first run for the Illinois State Senate was launched at a 1995 gathering at Mr. Ayers's home.

The Obama campaign has struggled to downplay that association. Last April, Sen. Obama dismissed Mr. Ayers as just "a guy who lives in my neighborhood," and "not somebody who I exchange ideas with on a regular basis." Yet documents in the CAC archives make clear that Mr. Ayers and Mr. Obama were partners in the CAC. Those archives are housed in the Richard J. Daley Library at the University of Illinois at Chicago and I've recently spent days looking through them....

www.newsbusters.org...

I love how he says he doesn't exchanged ideas "on a regular basis". What does that mean anyway? Just sometimes? Not recently?

"Everything was absolutely ideal on the day I bombed the Pentagon." – Bill Ayers

"I don't regret setting bombs. I feel we didn't do enough." – Bill Ayers

’’Dig it! Manson killed those pigs, then they ate dinner in the same room with them, then they shoved a fork into a victim’s stomach.’’ -- Bernadine Dohrn on the Manson Murders (Ayers Wife)

[edit on 23-10-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Grafilthy

could be

maybe its becasue they are all 1 man terrorists sleeper cells or sheep maybe wolfs in sheeps clothing

wow the possabilities are staggering

[edit on 23/10/08 by noobfun]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
If Libya's Muamar Quadafi thinks Obama is a Muslim, why wouldn't other Muslim's think the same? Just because you say you aren't a Muslim that doesn't prevent others from thinking you are.

www.worldnetdaily.com...

Sen. Barack Obama is a Muslim of Kenyan origins who studied in Islamic schools and whose campaign may have been financed by people in the Islamic and African worlds, Libyan leader Muammar Gadhafi said during a recent televised national rally.

"There are elections in America now. Along came a black citizen of Kenyan African origins, a Muslim, who had studied in an Islamic school in Indonesia. His name is Obama," said Gadhafi in little-noticed remarks he made at a rally marking the anniversary of the 1986 U.S. air raid on his country.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ELECTION 2008
Mideast leader: Obama a Muslim who studied in Islamic schools
Says Arab world campaign contributions 'may enable him to win U.S. presidency'

Posted: October 17, 2008
9:00 pm Eastern

By Aaron Klein
© 2008 WorldNetDaily

JERUSALEM – Sen. Barack Obama is a Muslim of Kenyan origins who studied in Islamic schools and whose campaign may have been financed by people in the Islamic and African worlds, Libyan leader Muammar Gadhafi said during a recent televised national rally.

"There are elections in America now. Along came a black citizen of Kenyan African origins, a Muslim, who had studied in an Islamic school in Indonesia. His name is Obama," said Gadhafi in little-noticed remarks he made at a rally marking the anniversary of the 1986 U.S. air raid on his country.

The remarks, translated by the Middle East Media Research Institute, MEMRI, were aired on Al Jazeera in June.

The video also has been posted on YouTube and can be seen here:

"All the people in the Arab and Islamic world and in Africa applauded this man," continued Gadhafi. "They welcomed him and prayed for him and for his success, and they may have even been involved in legitimate contribution campaigns to enable him to win the American presidency.

"We are hoping that this black man will take pride in his African and Islamic identity, and in his faith, and that [he will know] that he has rights in America, and that he will change America from evil to good, and that America will establish relations that will serve it well with other peoples, especially the Arabs," Gadhafi said.

Some are going to rip the messenger (WorldNetDaily)....I know I know, but the MSM doesn't dare report on stuff like this, so you use what you got.

[edit on 23-10-2008 by RRconservative]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
If Libya's Muamar Quadafi thinks Obama is a Muslim, why wouldn't other Muslim's think the same? Just because you say you aren't a Muslim that doesn't prevent others from thinking you are.

seriously is this what americans are pretending is the great democratic dream

im black so im gonan vote the black guy
he might be a muslim i better vote for him and pray to allah

seriously these kind of statements are offensive in and of them selves

maybe just maybe them there moslim(why are americans incapable/unwilling to spell it correctly around here latley?) are just smart enough to actually vote on policy or issues that have some relavance

yes there are idiots who will vote becasue obama is balck and idiots who will vote against him becasue he is black but why o why are there som many idiots who seem to think everyone votes like this

your stupidity is not the stupidty of everyone

really you guys should go back to how you started and intended to be, a republic

only instead of using land-ownership maybe an Iq test and only the top 20% be allowed to vote
[/rant]

[edit on 23/10/08 by noobfun]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

He "might" be associated with terrorists?

Despite having authored two autobiographies, Barack Obama has never written about his most important executive experience. From 1995 to 1999, he led an education foundation called the Chicago Annenberg Challenge (CAC), and remained on the board until 2001. The group poured more than $100 million into the hands of community organizers and radical education activists

Oooooo(hear music from "Jaws")--you know who the Annenbergs were, don't you? Major Republican supporters as well as great philanthropists! John McCain undoubtedly knew the Annenbergs sometime in his career. Could McCain be a closet terrorist?

Into the hands of "community organizers" and "radical education activists." you say? Despite the word "radical" (which means, simply, "favoring fundamental change") there was nothing terrorist about these organizations.

You'll have to do better than that to scare me.

new topics

top topics

join