It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama lead on McCain grows to 12 points

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Democrat Barack Obama's lead over Republican rival John McCain has grown to 12 points in the U.S. presidential race, with crucial independent and women voters increasingly moving to his side, according to a Reuters/C-SPAN/Zogby poll released on Thursday.

Source

I find this interesting since the AP poll has them so close.

Thought people should see this poll's outcome as well.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a) polls are notoriously inaccurate
b) in this one, only 1208 repondents were polled. I wager that their geographic locations could have contributed to large fluctuation outside of what normal statistics would tell you.

I don't believe these results at all.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
I don't believe these results at all.

You don't believe Reuters? Polling is what they do and they aren't American. They are a British company.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
It's not true. The latest poll I saw this morning has the two virtually tied 44 - 43.

As far as women flocking to Obama's side, I don't really believe that either. Maybe Hollywood actresses and naive college girls, but lots of mature women see right through him.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
These polls are ficticious. You actually believe something that the MSM is telling you?

Wake up already its clear the Media is in the tank.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Kind of depends on which poll you want to look at.

This consolidated list (which includes the +12% poll mentioned in the OP) has Obama anywhere from a +1% to +14% lead.

His average across all the ones they track is +7.1%

Consolidated Poll results

[edit on 23-10-2008 by Frogs]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seeker Mom
It's not true. The latest poll I saw this morning has the two virtually tied 44 - 43.

Was that the Fox News poll? Just curious, As they seem to be on the McCain bandwagon. It's not just the polls that make the Obama lead so apparent (at least to me) It's in the air. Look at McCain rallies vs. Obama rallies...Many more people showing up to support Obama. McCain supporters seem desperate and are throwing everything negative they can imagine. Whilst Obama supporters, for the most part, remain calm and confident.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
Was that the Fox News poll? Just curious, As they seem to be on the McCain bandwagon.

Really? The last Fox News poll I heard (last night) said that Obama was in the lead. So much for them being in McCain's camp.

Originally posted by Aggie Man
Whilst Obama supporters, for the most part, remain calm and confident.

That's why they are all up in arms over Palin's wardrobe!

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Yeah, every media poll has Obama ahead by 8+ points with some as high as 14+.

I only look at Rasmussen and Gallup which when averaged have Obama with a 5 point lead overall. In short.... I dont trust the media pollsters at all and Rasmussen and Gallup have the reputation of accuracy (in terms of polls)

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
You don't believe Reuters? Polling is what they do and they aren't American. They are a British company.

I don't think its indicative of any intentional bias, but I wouldn't be surprised if the traditional models that the pollsters use miss the mark by a significant margin this year. This has just been a very odd election cycle and I think we're going to be in for a number of surprises once the state results start coming in on election night.

I think the pollsters will be very lucky to get this one right.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

That's the site I have bookmarked, along with their Electoral Map

I wouldn't put too much weight in one poll, but when you look at them all, you get a better picture.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
the powers at be already made up their mind and mccain will be the next puppet on the list. wether you like it or not, vote for or against , mccain will be the next president, ok.

new topics

top topics

join