It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greenspan "shocked" at credit system breakdown

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Greenspan "shocked" at credit system breakdown

news.yahoo.com

Despite concerns he had in 2005 that risks were being underestimated by investors, "this crisis, however, has turned out to be much broader than anything I could have imagined," Greenspan said in remarks prepared for delivery to the House of Representatives Committee on Oversight and Government Reform.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Aw well golly shucks and gee wilickers! I could never have imagined that by creating an insane credit policy that people would have borrowed the money they couldn't afford to pay back! Wow live and learn!

And after admitting fault for not supporting more regulation of markets...the guy is STILL giving advice!!! He can't stop giving advice!!! Our country was nearly destroyed by the policies he advocated and he thinks we need some MORE Greenspan wisdom!!!! Arrrrgh!

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
What an arse picking pecker head. N'uff said on Greenspan.

Why does Congress continue think that we believe their dog and pony shows when it comes to them 'looking into' something, although it would be refreshing if one of these talking crackpots actually sat down on the hot seat and fessed up to unilateral and crony-appeasing freakin' greed.

But they're all waaaaaaaay smarter than us and realize we'll never see past their 'cone of silence'.

Morons.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I was watching this and those 3 clowns just don't understand how angry people are and here they are just trying to save their own behinds. "Oh we didn't know anything was going on, we were as shocked as anybody else was".

The only thing missing on these 3 are shirts saying "I'd rather be at bilderberg" with a button saying "B.G. VIP" (B.G.=Bohemian Grove)

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Haha, what a bunch of bull#.

I was listening to an old, Art Bell c2c episode from five years ago or so. On that one the guest, ran a hedge fund for awhile until he started 'talking to god', and he gives a last minute economics discussion (he obviously knew his economics, regardless of his divine intervention or whatever).

He calls this credit crisis way in advance, many many people did. He told everyone how to avoid the crunch when it came and how to ensure that they didn't get caught up in another manufactered crisis.

If some guy 'talking to god' can call it on c2c, then don't insult us by fabricating some 'poor me, innocence' crap.

Too bad that the majority will buy his crap and say: "I know, we never saw it coming either!"

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Greenspan. Indeed!!

We should "Span the Green" with his sorry arse.

Create calamity, and then create solutions to extract yourself.
Words cannot describe they type of evil he is, as well as the others responsible.
I guess they were not smart enough to take over the world without a few hitches along the way.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Un freaking believable! He is shocked by the problem he helped create in the first place. When will the aliens stop taking us normal people and start taking these human paraquat's and give them the a-n-a-l probes!!!

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

I wish I could star this post 100 times because I agree with every word.

This begs the question, Why in the crap does anyone alive still listen to him. Clearly his opinion is worth about as much as most peoples' retirement funds right about now.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Some Mr. Magoo quites from testimony - gotta love the gall of the man

"We are in the midst of a once in a century credit tsunami."

"Subprime crisis was caused by overseas investors"

"...excluding CDS, the credit markets are working well."

Greenspan said: "I stood by the ideology that the markets can effectively regulate themselves."

Chairmain: "Doesn't that prove your ideology wrong?"

Greenspan: "Yes, I guess so."

That's paraphrased..

"impossible to forecast"

GREENSPAN ADMITTED THAT THE PEOPLE RETIRING ARE NOT GOING TO GET WHAT IS PROMISED TO THEM!

And it just gets worse...

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Yeah right. This son of a biatch did that on purpose.

The problem with americans is that they think that high level government people are dumbasses... maybe they don't know about Mao, Stalin, Hitler, or going to the moon, developping the nuclear bomb... ect...

They are not dumb, they are EVIL.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty

"...excluding CDS, the credit markets are working well."

That's like saying 'Apart from the dump truck sized tumor, my lungs are working fine.'

Lucky for people like Greenspan, congress and the rest of these carpetbaggers, 95 percent of the populus don't really give a steamin' mound of horse excrement about what the government does to them because they either don't care or they've just given up.

top topics

join