It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A real, tangible call to action

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Okay, I posted in a similar thread. Had an idea, seemed to make sense to me. Didn't get a response. If this doesn't seem like it would work, shoot me down, tell me why.

People are talking on a forum about organizing action by starting another forum with a name and getting people there? Isn't this just running in circles? Am I missing something here?

The notion that I had, which seems valid to me, but might seem old fashioned to internet-junkies is to have a physical means of spreading the information. To have an underground newspaper of sorts. Sure it could have an internet side, as in people from all over the world contributing articles which are posted on one main site. But it's more then that.

The main thought is that while there are plenty of informed people on the net, we need as many people to wake up as quickly as possible. Most people (at least over 30) are still getting there info from MSM, rigged newspapers, and magazines. We need many of millions, possibly billions to wake up....NOW!!

So have a mini-newspaper. Distribute it at all over the place. Don't overspread to any one location so that you are not found, or the place messed with. Place great leaders of our history on the cover. Americas forefathers, ghandi, neitzsche, all people who attained true individual thought regardless of how clashing their views may have been. Let it be known that most all of them were against attrocities such as what we are facing globally. Pick out the most relevant, powerful quotes that work with where we are currently at. Include hard facts about the truth of the globe. Put links to informative sites online. Don't make it personal at all. No credit. No names mentioned of anyone who is alive. No traces.

This could be massive if it was coordinated properly. Using a central website, and a few backups, we could update info regularly. We could sign up volunteers in every country, every city to distribute it.

Why would this not work? Please let me know.

Thanks

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Well throwing up another forum or publishing another opt-in newsletter may help, but lets fact some facts here.

Right now, the interent is still below the level of daily reading by the mass public compared to major news networks.

What is needed is not another website, not another forum, and not another newsletter in the email....what is needed is a new broadcast network that focuses on these issues that are found in forums like this one. A network that is easily accessable, through cable, satellite, over the air, both tv and radio.

Then..THEN you will make an impact.

Cheers!!!

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

People are talking on a forum about organizing action by starting another forum with a name and getting people there? Isn't this just running in circles? Am I missing something here?

YOu ain't missin' a thing, bub. In fact, you got it dead on.

This is how political parties get started, governments get elected, and bureacracies fail. If you spice it up with some greed, dishonesty, denial, disinformation and discontent, you've got the two party system that is festering before us down to a tee.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
We need a voice as I have said repeatedly.
Our first line of efforts should be on getting someone like Dr. Ron Paul on board.
He is more qualified than most of us ,I am amusing, because of his position, to get others to join a movement such as this.
If you read the constitution of which Dr. Paul is a staunch supporter, something like this strike and or protest can be implemented and called for within the boundaries of that fine document, as well as the Declaration of Independence.

"That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness"

[edit on 23/10/2008 by reticledc]

[edit on 23/10/2008 by reticledc]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I have thoughts about a circular or mail that can be send to people to inform them of what our corporate media outlets do not tell.

But then again doing that will be considered in the extreme as a home grown terrorist act against the government and before it even gets big enough to be popular it probably be squashed.

Remember keeping the population dumb and misinform and far away from the nation's trouble makers is the goal right now.

That ensure that by the time people start to gather around and talk about how this nation has been taken over by corruption, that already will be considered against the law as many cities have already adapted laws concerning public gathering.

Oh, yes our government has already put in place through the years the means to control the population before it gets too big to control, and then again killing will be no problem as we will be nothing but insurgents and terrorist.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
Well throwing up another forum or publishing another opt-in newsletter may help, but lets fact some facts here.

Right now, the interent is still below the level of daily reading by the mass public compared to major news networks.

What is needed is not another website, not another forum, and not another newsletter in the email....what is needed is a new broadcast network that focuses on these issues that are found in forums like this one. A network that is easily accessable, through cable, satellite, over the air, both tv and radio.

Then..THEN you will make an impact.

Cheers!!!

I totally agree that this is the most efficient way, but let's face facts! We are not going to get that while TPTB are in place. If you reread my post, take note that I was not advocating an email newsletter. I'm talking about individuals worldwide printing a .pdf file of a newpaper from a central website that is run by humanity and that would be updated daily, with poles as to which articles seem best. Distributing that where they see fit. This is the next best thing that IS within our means right now, correct?

The idea is when enough people begin to read the truth, they will spread it like a fad, except it won't fade until change has been done...

[edit on 23-10-2008 by unityemissions]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Remember keeping the population dumb and misinform and far away from the nation's trouble makers is the goal right now.

This is exactly why it should be our main concern. To give into doubt and fear of being imprisoned and mistreated is to unconsciously accept that this has already occured. BS keep it as decentralized as possible. They can't fight what they can't point their fingers at. If they shut down the site we post articles to, start up another that night. People will find out where the new addy is.

Remember when I say post articles to...it's not that this is for a website, that is just a means to gather the best info to distribute hardcopies all around stores, offices, etc..

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by reticledc

Well I stand by my idea, however it may take someone with influence to get it started like Dr. Paul. I don't care if this sounds egomaniacal, or if he will ever respond, but I'm gonna send him this idea to see what he thinks of it. It's not about me at all, don't want any credit. Just really want a fast-paced movement of truth to unfold soon.

And btw, how did Mr. Paul get his voice? Sure he's a senator, how was he elected, and re-elected. It was because he stood by the truth. He didn't back down from his ideals. He is a man of integrity. That's all it takes to have a voice. That and patience.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
While I agree with your thinking, it is actually going to become very difficult to organize such a movement.

However, if you would like, I do have a website domain that I purchased a few weeks ago, and would be happy to share the domain.

If you want to U2U me, we can work something out, and I'll do the xml/html work for you.

We can get this going if you like.

Let me know

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I'm setting up a forum right now to serve the need for an online community to make action plans etc. A lot of stuff would have to happen offline too of course but since this is a global thing I was thinking a forum would be nice.

I should be done by tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I already have a website for what you're talking about. Its not complete yet, but I've been working on the "background" for a little while... i.e. the main page hasn't changed, but it will be changing when I'm done

anyway, if you could send me a link of the website you are creating, I'd love to add a link to your forums on my site...

anyway, my website is www.americancrisisonline.org

don't judge too quickly on how the website looks right now, like I said, I'm working on it, and just have a generic splashpage up pretty much...

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Called Dr. Paul's office in Washington. Talked to a lady who informed me I could schedule a meeting with him! Going to gather my thoughts, have a prepared speech to work with, and give it my best

Wish me luck

new topics

top topics

join