It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Selectively Deleting Memories

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Selectively Deleting Memories

abcnews.go.com

Amping up a chemical in the mouse brain and then triggering the animal's recall can cause erasure of those, and only those, specific memories, according to research in the most recent issue of the journal Neuron.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I immediately thought of the CIA's mind control work and the search for a Manchurian Candidate when reading this article. If this is really all the farther science is on memory deletion, that would mean many claims by MKUltra victims are blatantly false. That is unless the government and scientific achievements are separate, or perhaps science is looking into different methods.

Either way, I do not like the possibilities with this technology.

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Having known peopel they do this too, there are a number of negatives.

1) The people who do this are stupid, and have no clue what they are doing.
2) You live your life, and what happens make you into the person you are. Remembering certain things may protect you in the future, i.e staying away from certain people, or types of people. This is because certain people you may of around in your life may be a danger to you, and who is to say, which person they should have there memory wiped of some event or what ever.
3) These people have no concern for the damage they do to there patients, and do not care of the negatives.
4) Say if they thought you where someone else, and they where trying to wipe your brain, thinking your someone else. These nut cases would do it anyway, because they are stupid.

Trust me from someone who knows about what these losers can do, to people, when they have no clue what they are doing.

These people are thick, with a capital T. A persons mind is there own, and should stay that way, and not for dunce people who may of passed some stupid exam, to play with.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
That's some amazing stuff, and I must say I have a few memories and fears that I wouldn't mind having erased.
In the right hands this could help millions of people, but if the wrong person gets hold of it... Well, I'm sure we can all imagine a worst case scenario.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Care to expand on what you know about this stuff? I, for one, am highly curious on any first hand knowledge on the subject, as it isn't easy to come by.

And Jenna, I agree with you. This is why I have a love/hate relationship with technology. There are always to sides to the coin, and to stop the research because of the misuse doesn't seem right. But then I get to thinking about all the victims and I can't help but wonder if maybe it IS right.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
It is not upto someone else, which memories you should have in your head. I am not going to go into this stuff, but trust me, they will do more damage than good. They do not know what they are doing, and just becuase they have passed some exam, does not make them able to do this.

Like i said, if they wiped away of someone who may be a danger to you, or something, that would be dangerous for you and your life. Any one could surely see that.

We can all imagine what they could do with this, and even if it did work, which it doesn't, they should not be able to do it. Your you, because of what you have been through, and anything in your head, cannot, and i repeat cannot be understood by anyone else.

This is not a hollywood movie, where it works, in real life, these peopel do not know what they are doing, and people should be able to say it to them.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I wonder what chemicals they are exactly. I also wonder if some of those chemicals have been out in public for some time. I have a very difficult time recalling many areas of my young adulthood. Of course it could be a sign of old age starting to kick in or it could be that I am writing over the less important items with better more important information. Maybe the mind can do this already without the help of chemicals.

Interesting and scary stuff at the same time. Sort of like total recall in a way.

Raist

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Its pretty much a given, IMO, that any technology or wisdom will always be used eventually not only for the good purpose it was intended but for all the other bad possibilities as well.
Its human nature. Most may resist, but there are always those types; especially in government or other power situations who are not able to resist the temptation to get the upper hand by any means available.
We need to be afraid or at least very wary of this one.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I started a thread on this exact topic a couple of days ago.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

[edit on 23-10-2008 by md11forever]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Where can I sign up?!?!??

I want to forget the last 8 years!!!

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Yeah I will buy some of this if it means spending my last penny.
How do I get some?

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
While I admit it is nice at times not being able to recall what exactly I did, there are times when you need to remember even the bad things.

Forgetting what happened in history can only cause it to happen again.

Raist

new topics

top topics

join