It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who do you think are worse-- Ron Paul supporters or Hillary Clinton supporters?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

I understand what you're saying, but you're speaking from the point of view that the advertized ideolegies of each party are true. And are what thier chosen candidates actually believe in.

It's my point of view, that those words are hollow. And only used to fool the public in to believing there is a difference between the two parties.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
reply to post by PhoenixDown

You clearly knew what I meant.
I can tell the sarcasm in your post.

I think they should have done a better job at getting more people to vote for him. I mean, they should have been more serious in attacking John McCain.

Sorry about the sarcasm.... I didn't mean it as insult, just my own odd quirky sense of humor coming out. =p

In retrospect, I think the Ron Paul campaign itself could've done a far better job getting the message out and utilizing the resources that were available to them. I sort of understand why they couldn't be directly involved with the grass roots efforts but if the campaign pointed a direction, I am sure individuals would've followed in the wake to make it happen. On that note, I think the grassroot supporters had plenty of heart and the best of intentions but they didn't have the experience needed to help secure the GOP nomination.

Even though Ron Paul is no longer in the race, it would've been good if Ron Paul's supporters sticked together and unanimously picked one candidate to support and stand behind. If the goal of the supporters are to change the republican party from within, it would be easier to say 'McCain lost by x votes in these states and would have won if the votes didn't go towards Third Party Candidate instead'.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
I mean, like, the kinds of people that bash both Barack Obama and John McCain just because their guy/gal is out of the primaries. I'm getting tired of hearing 3rd parties bash Barack Obama and I'm getting tired of Hillary Clinton supporters who loved her want to go and vote for John McCain as a protest vote. Who do you think is worse?

haha this is exactly why ive lost faith. you put words in our mouth before we even get to respond, friend. maybe we...i like ron paul because he upholds the constitution and believes in the people and what our founding fathers believed when they wrote the constitution? he preaches the truth, and doesnt look as if he has someone above him pulling the strings. go find a few videos on him on the internet. you know how i know you havent researched him at all yet? because anyone that does, no matter how brainwashed that person may be, can see the truth in him. but of course you probably do what every other person does psychologically when they have a belief. you have a filter of "misperception" if you will, in the sense that you allow filtered in the beliefs that prove your beliefs right, and filter out what disproves it. does that make it close minded? very. biased? of course. instead of seeing the truth in things, you hang on so tightly to your beliefs. so when you think about it it has nothign to do with truth anymore, just justifying your beliefs and rationalizing it. and im sure on top of that you go out and find the evidence that proves the opposing candidate to be false.

good for you! and you are why ive given up on humanity in this era. thanks for the reaffirmation. thanks for the close mindedness. thanks for the lesson learned. i learn more from the a$$holes around me than from my parents. and you my friend, are just that.

In Lak'ech.....study it

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Who is worse? Neither - they are both very dedicated to their man/woman. And that is a good thing.

I personally would have like to see a Ron Paul vs Hillary Clinton ticket than what we have on the menu this time.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Yeah, voicing your opinion about what might make the country a better place - PFFT. Who needs that babble?

Why can't they just let my candidate run without having to answer those nonsensical questions about Constitutional Rights, foreign policy and monetary policy. C'mon guys get over it!

You lost, so hop on the band wagon and let's all be happy!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join