It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question for a Gun/Rifle Owners

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Lets imagine that whatever crisis newly elected Preisident Barak Obama finds himself (and the U.S.) in leads to martial law and a mandatory weapons ban for all citizens not involved in law enforcement. I am really curious how the ATS members who own guns would handle this. Are you going to turn your guns in or not? To what lengths will you go to protect your right to bear arms. Folks, it could well be "Shoot to kill" for those who do not cooperate. What are you going to do if the powers that be come knocking on your door demanding that you surrender your weapons?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
What would I do? Lie like a rug and tell them I sold them long ago, while keeping them well hidden.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
three schools of though on this..

1 hand them over and protect your life..even if it will be a terrable life

2. fight it out, dont hand them over... as I like to say hand them over Bullets first

3. have a few guns for handing over, hide some for not handing over

And the best option get out of cities where they can easly go door to door, go to rural locations where they wont ask for them.

However I don't see people handing over there weapons, if they do there in for trouble, the 2nd amendment was created exactly for this very situation.. to defend against a government that's out of control.

However in Katrina they did just this and people did hand them over.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Likely, there would be a call to arms and a march in force upon Washington. You talk about stirring up a hornet's nest? You won't see many folks giving up their weapons.

That sorry SOB already scares and worries the crap out of me. Less than 200 active days on the job as a Senator, and suddenly he's qualified for President?

Our country is in for one, big disaster. McCain isn't that great, but at least he's a known ***hole, and we know most of his flaws, warts and all.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Resinveins

Do you really think they won't search? Might want to start figuring out a good hiding spot, just in case.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I"m 100 sure they wouldn't come anywhere near where I live. I've heard that in my county, 90 of the people own atleast one gun. We have a very very low crime rate. Go figure.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Well lady... that is exactly why I said "while keeping them well hidden".

I would expect them to search of course, even though as it stands they would need a warrant to search. Even so, search as they like they'd never find one. Just because I own firearms doesn't make me stupid.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
i've thought about this a bit, and even though i dont see them coming out to my place to take away my guns, if they did, my response would be this:

"i'm willing to die for my right to own firearms, are you willing to kill me or die to take it away?"

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Resinveins

Please don't take offense. I did not mean to insinuate anything about your intelligence. If one person reads this and it plants the seed that they should come up with some ideas (or take some advice) just in case the situation arises it might make a world of difference for them.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   

No worries, and no offense taken
That was more my way of pointing out that the possibility of a search would be obvious, and of course I'd take the obvious precautions. Peace

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
The people that come to take your guns will be very good at thier job so u might be a badass that hands them right over .And warrents makes me laugh .they (when it comes to that wont need warrents ) and they will tear the house up looking for them ,while threating u ,your wife ,and kids ,.sepertly and if little johny saw where daddy hid his gun the little will tell the big mean man where its at because he is to scared to lie.sorry to say they will kill for your guns if u are found with guns u are a terrorest Patriot act and bad days coming your way

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   

here in Canada they brought into being something called the national gun registry -which requires permits to own,buy or even by ammo in this country .all of this was registered with the boy`s in blue and the rcmp and the military bet they did the same in the great usa also whether you realize it or not,if they come they already know who and where to look for them and who has them.funny thing is that about 60% of all weapons disappeared and never came up in their records again -that's a couple million guns mostly hunting calibers up here and the man has no idea where they went to by their own accounts in the newspaper . survivalist all say bury them in a small freezer out in the bush where the man won`t look for them in the house is an invitation to get busted.ammo is easy oi find right now it may be a lot harder in the near future stocking up never hurt anyone .boy scout motto is be prepared-listen to what is not being said as the rest is a lie.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
If Martial Law was declared, under any Presidency, that would give me even more reason to possess one.

So to answer your question, I would hide all of the ones I own

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Hide some, give one. Do you suppose they will use dogs or some sort of device that can detect them? If they are hidden, and they find them, play dumb... You know what they, dont hide all your eggs in one basket.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

That's why we should all think about our hiding places now

Sub-terrain, with some concrete above it

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
in australia when we had the gun by back scheme it was a complete failure although the gubmint claims otherwise.

they only got back something like 1/4 of the firearms they were expecting (cant remember exact figures, im approximating)

this dude at my old job was a bit of a roo shooter, going to pimba on hunting trips with his shottys, 303s, etc.

apparently he filed a police report on his way home because some a-hole stole them out of his car boot while he stopped for lunch at a truck stop.

damn shame too, there was some nice rifles in that bunch of weapons.

edit: heres a link that might be interesting to californians.
calnews.com

or try guncontrol.org.au

[edit on 23/10/08 by Obliv_au]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I can tell you what- I will not be giving up my gun.. I was recently convicted of a DUI..the details are stechey, but I know the deal was good...I had to give up my concealed carry permit and I will tell you- I asked the judge (who has known me for years- used to drive me to school) how long- he said he didn't know. Quite frankly, it brought tears to my eyes. HOWEVER...that does not mean I will ever turn over my gun. If martial law were instated I would do everything I could to prevent the discovery of my weapons.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
out of my cold, dead hands.
the second amendment is what protects the first.
nuff said.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
You Americans love your guns! Mind you, it's not the gun that does the killing it's the warped mind of the guy holding it who pulls the trigger. . .What next, collect everyones cutlery because someone could stab someone with a bread knife?

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Where I live, 6 police and 3,000 residents.
75% of us own at least one gun, and most own several.
I would guess 50% or better are unregistered, handed down from father to son over the generations, or sold private party to private party.
I don't anticipate much, if any, problems, and if there are problems, it won't be for the citizens.

At least at first. They will have bigger problems in the large cities to control before they ever get out to my neck of the woods.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join