It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Early voting....un-Constitutional?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
My apologys if someone already pointed this out. (I'm not reading through all of the posts when I know the answer)

Electoral college will be on one day.

and....States have some freedom how they want to do their voting....think federalism.

This is NOT unconstitutional. You may not like it if you are a Republican but it is what it is. I don't like it either....but it is NOT unconstitutional.

Dump the Electoral college and then let the debate begin.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Article 2 Section 4 Clause 1 of the US Constitution:

The Congress may determine the Time of choosing the Electors, and the Day on which they shall give their Votes; which Day shall be the same throughout the United States.

According to the Constitution early voting is un-Constitutional. It can't be any clearer. It clearly states "Day" not series of days, not weeks. I know it is too late for this election but this needs to be looked at a little closer in the future.

2 weeks before an election and there are people voting already? 2 weeks is a long time in an election. What if we woke up tomorrow and found out about a terrible scandal about one of the candidates and it was serious enough to change someone's mind about their vote. They are already locked in with 2 weeks to go.

[edit on 22-10-2008 by RRconservative]

OKAY, if voter suppression stops and we WAIT until all votes are taken, counted, looked at, then start election on time. Making polling stations open at 10 AM then close before 5 PM when most work in Florida, DECREASING number of polling stations, getting voter registrations PURGED is bull#. ALL votes should be taken if people present ID, and not denied if they had homes FORECLOSED on, or if they write "L." in signature instead of middle name as it is on SSN card. That is pathetic. Stopping vote counting when it favors Bush also in Florida?

UNCONSTITUTIONAL is that the MAJORITY is not choosing; fear tactics, voter suppression techniques and tactics, voter PURGING, voter registration fraud in terms of LYING ABOUT WHICH PARTY THEY ARE REGISTERING FOR to boost numbers that are lies, then outright STEALING an election is pathetic. GOP=party of Adolf Hitler. I said it, and have an abundance of evidence (especially psychological techniques). Fear, IGNORANCE tend to win out over LOGIC. Bush is a prick, so is Mccain, and Palin is a tool. Look into THEIR backgrounds, and the HOLE picture before saying ANYTHING negative.

<< 1   >>

join