It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Expanding Border Powers Creating 'Constitution-Free Zone' That Covers Two-Thirds of Americans

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
It makes me wonder if this is just as much about keeping people in, as it is to keeping people out. I can't remember there ever being a big problem with illegals getting into the States from Canada. Makes me think that if SHTF, it can just as easily be used to prevent a mass exodus to the north.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Rook1545

One of the reasons i moved back to Kanata.

When I was in Atlanta, Ga....Dunwoody near Buckhead....I had a guy i hired at the u haul place, an old old black guy, who after we unloaded all my ish told me that the dynamite is in place, the match is lit and all that was needed was to light the fuse.

Later, at a Bar in Buckhead....M and A's.....I hung with a bunch of ex military and a jounalist and they all seemed to think that something was going to take place in 08/09....after the election....some of these guys are ex seals (maybe) and one, whose card i still have lead World Hunting ish...some rolled in from BUPERS..maybe anyway the drift was late sept 08 to april09....so i relocated back to middle Canada...

Who knows what the hell is going on...it is truly interesting.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Great thread! Thank you!

I guess the movie V For Vendetta truly IS a blueprint of what's to come. How nice of them to boldly put it before us on film so we all know.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Why is it that in these Constitution-free zones the concerned congressional districts' electorate are at all counted toward the Presidential election? Should they not be counted? Should not law or government enforcement hold no sway in these zones?

If the point is to keep the borders secure by stripping everyone of their rights, then so too should the rights of the government be stripped? We didn't give them their power to use it as "they" see fit, but rather as "we" see fit. We can take it away you know? It would be unpatriotic for them to stand in our way.

[edit on 23-10-2008 by cognoscente]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Of course the congress has no such authority and it wouldn't or shouldn't stand the test of a legal challenge.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
What do we need to do to stop this idiocracy?? Who should we write/email to? We should not just take this lying down!!

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by gypsy1035
What do we need to do to stop this idiocracy?? Who should we write/email to? We should not just take this lying down!!

Guns, ammo and lots of both of them.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Gah, I live in that zone. Oh well, what happens, happens. My father has fire arms, and my friend forges blades, so if crap hits the fan at least I can defend myself.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
If only life were a movie, like V for Vendetta. Then we could all get together and fight this but for some reason there are still people who sit back and say it's ok because it's for security, they care for us so much that they want to wipe their tooties with the constitution and tell us we're more secure now. I was just telling a friend of mine how much I wish the people of this country could pick a day and time and get together, all of us, and show them that we are still in charge and they work for US!, But I have real doubts of ever seeing that happen.

I just don't know anymore. I don't know where we are headed as a country and I have no idea what the agendas of the people in charge are but I do see that it requires us to be subservient to them. They lock up protesters and say it's for our safety, more than likely slowly trying to take away guns and will probably say it's for our safety.. I just don't know but I sincerely hope that something, anything for that matter happens and we can break away.

Good luck to the ACLU.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
There was another thread on this subject that was closed. I made some comments that had people posting differing opinions. That is fine as that is what makes America the greatest country in the world, our right to freely speak no matter how wrong others are.

I pointed out that I have no problem with this as it shows the US government and specifically the Border Guard are getting off their collective asses and finely doing their job.

I think it is a great first step with check points throughout the USA should be considered. There is just as large of an influx of illegal aliens in the midwest, non-border areas, as the border areas.

People get upset about their rights being abused by questioning. I have no problem with this as how else would a person find illegal aliens.

I'm sure someone will make comments about profiling by officials. Well, the 80 year old black grandmother is not the prime terrorist suspect or illegal worker that we should be looking for. A car or van load of younger people of different ethnic origin than white European or blacks, should be examined. Call it what you want, but this is what it will take to find the people that should not be in our great land.

Its not an issue about illegal search and seizures as protected by the fourth amendment. Both the IRS and Border Patrol have broad powers already in place for these very issues, which have been upheld in court numerous times.

Someone will make the comment about a constitution free zone with the meaning that the American citizen has no Constitutionally guaranteed rights or protect, no this is wrong. A citizen with still have every right offered by our founding documents, it's the people who are not citizens that will not have automatic coverage.

I especially enjoy comments about how this isn't about illegals, but just a way for the Government to control the entire population. If the US Government has you, as an individual, on it's radar; or you just think they do, you are doing something blatantly wrong or just plain paranoid. They really don't have the time to waste on every individual within the USA, it's a math thing. There are a lot more of us than them.

I have strong issues with the ACLU and I was a strong financial donor through the 70's and mid 80's when they changed their policies and direction of cases they take. I still talk to several attorneys that represent them with other business, but I do not trust their propaganda they spread. The headline they use is a prime example of this mindset and uses trigger words. It should have been "Government agents are enforcing border laws within 100 miles of the border".

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I have a problem with the ACLU map that shows all of Michigan, and parts of Wisconsin and Illinois in this constitution free zone. Technically, Lake Michigan is the only Great Lake completely within the U.S. borders and it's much farther from our international border with Canada than 100 miles. Maybe they consider Lake Michigan international waters? I bet they would have a problem with the Chinese and Russian navy doing exercises in any of the Great Lakes, much less Lake Michigan.

Just go to Google maps and check the distance from the Canadian border. Basically, in the southern lower peninsula, if you are west of 127, and north bound 69, then your rights should still be safe. Then starting with Midland and going north to I-75, west of there should be safe. Now cut across from Roscommon to Kalkaska and most of that northern tip of the lower is inside the 100 mile constitution free zone. Most of the eastern U.P. west to about 41, and all of the Kewinaw peninsula is also in the constitution free zone.

I wonder about 100 miles from Indian reservations, if that is included considering they are more or less foreign countries within our borders. That would cover most of the western states.

Does anyone know why Lake Michigan is considered inside this 100 mile border zone? The ACLU wasn't too helpful in this respect.

I'll be posting this in every thread with this topic. Thanks for any replies in advance.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Amerika.
Land of the free, home of the xenophobes.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join