It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Expanding Border Powers Creating 'Constitution-Free Zone' That Covers Two-Thirds of Americans

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Expanding Border Powers Creating 'Constitution-Free Zone' That Covers Two-Thirds of Americans

www.aclu.org

“Americans and Washington policymakers may believe that this is a problem confined to the dusty sands of Arizona or Texas, or the San Diego-Tijuana border, but it stretches far inland across the United States,” said Barry Steinhardt, director of the ACLU’s Technology and Liberty Program. “If allowed to stand, sooner or later a factory worker in southern New Hampshire, a farmer in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, or Joe the plumber outside Toledo, Ohio will find themselves trapped in a Constitution-free Zone.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Well I was thinking of moving back to sunny San Diego, but now Im not so sure. Lucky for me I live further than 100 miles inland from the coast, but if this constitution free zone is created and enforced, we are going to have some serious problems.

First it was the free speech zone.

Now its the constitution free zone.

www.aclu.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
What deviltry is the MAN up to now.
Go and dig a ditch in the sand and pitch the us constitution in it?
Great, What's next, They take away our ability to defend ourselves. OH WAIT!!
They did that already.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Very good find! I suggest we watch these 'powers' closely. It's time for legislators to do their job and establish directives to ensure they are not abused. Any chance that's even on the radar?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Is this supposed to be something new or have I been hallucinating for the last 20+ years. I have gone though numerous inland roadblock checkpoints since 1986 on at least 3 different routes. The Constitution hasn't been applicable in the state of Texas for at least 10 years for white citizens and maybe never has for those of other races. It is surprising that it is finally being noticed by the ACLU.`

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I've always wanted to live on a lawless frontier. Does this mean we can shoot first? Take away the Constitution, take away the laws, right?

[edit on 22-10-2008 by pyrytyes]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by reticledc
What deviltry is the MAN up to now.
Go and dig a ditch in the sand and pitch the us constitution in it?
Great, What's next, They take away our ability to defend ourselves. OH WAIT!!
They did that already.

2/3 = 66.6% right? 666...???

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
There's a map available on the ACLU link...

That covers a lot of territory. Interesting find, iiinvision.

[edit on 22/10/08 by masqua]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

ha! I guess I should have looked closer. I am within the checkpoint radius. I hear texas is doing pretty well. Ive always wanted to go to dallas!

heres a look at some of the rights that, while in the area, we will be missing out on.

with 66% of the country under surveillance, without rights its only a matter of time before we are in a full blown police state.

Violence will only bring this on quicker.

Without the constitution, what kind of rabbits would pop out of the pentagons hat?

This chapter is going to be a close one

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by pyrytyes
Does this mean we can shoot first?

Whoo Hooo ... I would hazard a guess yes if you are feeling threatened and can show just cause. Feds in So. Cal. have a habit of screwing up so you'll be able to sue the bejezzus out them afterward too.

"You're Honor, I thought they were Mexican Drug runners disguised as Police men."

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by iiinvision

you forgot the no spin zone

sorry couldnt help myself....

well obviously the government is doing this in the best interests of the people, it needs to protect you all so the best way it can do that is to oppress you, it makes perfect sense if your already being oppressed by your government you cant be oppressed by others then can you?

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I believe if this was true you would have 2/3 of Americans rebelling. There may be some truth to this article, but I would take it all very lightly.

I live on the coast, and we still, and as long as I live here will have the Constitution.

Without it would be Civil War or we would all just move inland

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
This thread needs to be merged with www.abovetopsecret.com... Or vice versa. Important topic getting split up.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Some one on the other thread said.....

I don't see a problem here. It has been from a lack of action that has allowed our country to be over ran by the millions of illegal aliens from across the planet and causing many, many problems.

If Americans do not see a problem with this then the whole free world is in trouble.

God Help Us.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
on the other thread which was closed even as i was typing a reply post...arrrgh!

i was without the graphic aid of the ACLU constitution-free zone...
But i had enough sense to realize that the whole state of Florida
would be in the 100mile zone , as it is surrounded by the Atlantic & the Gulf waters.

now consider the history of Florida,
since Castro took over the island nation of Cuba,
Florida has become a sanctuary & home to thousands of ex-patriot Cubans.
the state & federal govts have provided these immigrants food shelter monies health care etc etc etc.

all that ongoing activity in Florida , in my view, was used as a working model of what to expect when the Mexico border was flooded with illegal immigrants some decades later....
well, the leadership let the Mexico border migrations get out-of-hand....

in actual practice, the Constitution, is a relic of a bygone era...
we have instead, been forced into adopting the Chinese model of population management & control & manipulation

there's the hand we've been dealt, read 'em and weep

[edit on 23-10-2008 by St Udio]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I live 20 miles from the US/Mex border and 40 miles from the Gulf of Mexico. Guess I am screwed

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Just because I think it's worth noting...

Back in the day when I was still 'plugged in' I recall the maxim that the actual territory (border) of the US (and other countries with coastal landmasses) begins some 25 miles or so out at sea. This is by international agreement. So if this is true, some of the more inland locations may be mercifully spared of the gestapo-esk dealings of "no rights unless we explicitly give them to you" (how Napoleonic).

Who would have believed it 10 years ago?

Suspension of the United States' very raison d'etre?

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Well then, I guess DC doesnt have any rights either since they are within "The Zone"

Road Trip Anyone?

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I guess soon enough the whole U.S will be a border
oh man.. this is the twilight zone..

[edit on 23-10-2008 by thefreepatriot]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Ok - "Constitution Free Zones" are not barbed wired areas, making slaves of everyone in those areas and so on. These areas are labeled this by the ACLU because of the surveillance done in these areas.
Please read up on this: constitution free zones

I dont agree with these zones but it is important to learn what they are all about.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join