It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ACLU Demands Information On Military Deployment Within U.S. Borders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   

ACLU Demands Information On Military Deployment Within U.S. Borders

fourwinds10.com

In order to assess the implications of the recent deployment, the ACLU requested the Departments of Justice, Homeland Security and Defense today to immediately make public all legal opinions, executive orders, presidential directives, memos, policy guidance, and other documents that authorize the deployment of military troops for domestic purposes.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
LMAO...the ACLU thinks that they are going to get straight answers from these government entities. If they even did get answers, what can they or anyone else even do about it? Their concern is legit but how will they get traction in a govt institution where corruption and cover ups are the norm?

More from Snippet
The ACLU has repeatedly expressed concern about these incremental encroachments of the military into domestic affairs, and the assignment of active duty troops to Northern Command only heightens these concerns.

fourwinds10.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Hopefully the ACLU isn't holding their breath... good on them for trying, though, maybe something good will come of it...

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Sometimes I listen to what the ACLU is doing and shake my head in wonder.

This time I am happy to see what they are trying to do. Will they get honest answers? Not in this lifetime, however, maybe a lot of American's who have no idea this can even happen will become more aware of what the PTB are up to.

A lot of people listen when they hear ACLU, so one can hope. Other than the net I haven't really heard anything about this. So this can only serve to let people know what may well happen in their future.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by seejanerun
Sometimes I listen to what the ACLU is doing and shake my head in wonder.

I second that. Their support of pedophiles and their rights just sickens me.

Almost hard to believe I might agree with the modern ACLU looking into this. Of course this will go nowhere. President Bush may not have any plans for these troops but he sure has opened the doors for any future Presidents that may chooses to abuse this power.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Is the ACLU implying Lord Cheney is up to something? Lord Cheney is watching and members of the ACLU will soon be rounded up. This transformative mission is to persecute and enslave.

new topics

top topics

join