It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plant talks to the world

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Sheridan

Yes. And elephants would simply fell them when they're hungry. Now that's a huge damned difference!

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sheridan
reply to post by whitewave

Actually they can feel. If you're speaking to them nicely, for example to a Bonsai, it will grow much better and will look as a healthy one. If you're shouting around the plant, it will die quite sooner. I can't explain why, or how is it possible, but they can feel the meaning of our own emotions through our voice. That's some sort of intelligence already, because it's acting just like a human being. If you're speaking to your wife kindly, love breeds love. If you're shouting with her and she is a fragile woman, she may crush, maybe forever. It seems to be almost the same in my eyes.

This has been BUSTED by Mythbusters. This is not true. Where is your data to back this up?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Keyhole
The article says this is a pot plant?

Surprised it doesn't say,"Feeling a little high today!"

Or, "I'm really hungry!"

I'm sure it would have been put better as "potted plant." The article, and the OP snippet, clearly state that the plant is a Hoya kerrii.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sheridan
reply to post by Aggie Man

That's the difference. Just as you said. WE'RE different. But that doesn't mean we're not equal or would be better then them. If the last cities would even disappear in a great war (not nuclear) or by a decease, the plants would bury our civilization within 5-10 years. We're great to kill each other, while they would survive. It's natural intelligence, what cannot be measured by IQ, but they're in fore in survival. Plus, we couldn't live without plants at all, while they can live without us. That's a damned huge difference.

[edit on 28-10-2008 by Sheridan]

OK, I see what you're saying. We need to lace all of our non-nuclear WMDs with Ortho WeedBeGone to make sure in the event of total systems failure and an apocalyptic war we take the entire damn Chlorphyll army out with us.

Seriously dude, they're plants. Whether they feel, think, communicate, or can dance the watusi what does any of that have to do with mankind's superiority on this planet? Why in the hell does everyone have to try and degrade humankind at every turn? Does it make you feel better to tear yourself down?

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

I don't have to downgrade mankind, because it's downgrading itself.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join