It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking news: chemical weapon found in Iraq

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2003 @ 12:15 PM
link   
News from the media in the UK suggests that the weapons inspectors have chemical warheads in Iraq.

one warhead has allegedly been found.

Does the finding of one warhead now justify Bushes and Blairs war?

should be breaking on most news services or just watch your nearest TV station

posted on Jan, 16 2003 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Headline at cnn.com

U.N. weapons inspectors found a number of empty chemical warheads and another one that is still being evaluated, according to a U.N. spokesman, who said the warheads were regarded to be in "excellent condition."

Here we go

posted on Jan, 16 2003 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Ok, I'll like to see how the left-wing nuts against the US's claims are going to brush this aside...

[Edited on 16-1-2003 by MT69]

posted on Jan, 16 2003 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Don`t jump the gun with this remember it is a breaking story with no real in depth knowledge on the situation yet

posted on Jan, 16 2003 @ 01:06 PM
link   
This story is still breaking I assume (not near a TV so I can't watch what is going on) but I have to guess that US/Brit intelligence pointed these weapons out to the UN inspectors in order to further the call to arms.
Which in my opinion is good. Let's get this over with so we can deal with North Korea. Who I think is a much larger threat to US and Asian security since they have admitted they WMD.

posted on Jan, 16 2003 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Despite what some of the scaremongers on other threads are saying I reckon the situation in N korea will work itself out.

HAving just read nyeffs link (different thread) on the concentration camp places they have there I really think these scum should
be dealt with

[Edited on 16-1-2003 by cassini]

posted on Jan, 16 2003 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Iraq has stated that these shells were nothing to do with their current weapons program and were being stored in a bunker.The "warheads" in question were bought back in 1986 so it would not surprise me if the US and Brit intelligence put the UN on to them after all they were the ones who probably gave them to Saddam in the first place.

posted on Jan, 16 2003 @ 02:38 PM
link   
EMPTY warheads, circa 1990.

I don't see that as a horrible violation.

posted on Jan, 16 2003 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Surley even if the warheads are empty they may be re-used by them. If Iraq has none of these whats the point of keeping them around???

posted on Jan, 16 2003 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I just read they were filled with chemical weapons isnt this right after the inspectors went into the palace the iraqes got all mad about
where did they find it???????

posted on Jan, 16 2003 @ 03:48 PM
link   
QS wheres your source on them being filled. I`ve had satellite news on since this broke and have n`t seen any mention of that (not that the media would)

They are saying in a munitions bunker did n`t say where exactly though, good point on the palace

posted on Jan, 16 2003 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Could it be possible that Bush made a covert operation and put the chemical war heads there himself without anybody knowing so he could blow up Iraq and won't look like an idiot.

posted on Jan, 16 2003 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Kigga,Why would Iraq admit to having them if they were planted?No,They are genuine.Just not relevant.

posted on Jan, 16 2003 @ 04:04 PM
link   
There's the typical Liberal Bull# you always hear...NOT RELEVANT?

We all know Saddam has WMDs...the fact he has not HAD but HAS the ability to fire them at Israel diserves some merit.

We already knew that Iraq had medium ranged missiles and had production facilities (that we've destroyed on multiple occassions) and the fact that he has the MOST important part in any missle other than the dilivery system, which is the warhead is the nail in the coffin.

Get a grip on reality, as soon as he got a nuke he could have fired that very warhead out into the mediterranean, detonate it where our patriots and the Israeli missile defense has NO control, and let the winds finish off israel.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Jan, 16 2003 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Remember in their weapons statement to the UN in the 90s (98 poss) Iraq listed that they had a biological and chemical weapons programme, this is the stuff they were supposed to get rid of now Iraq can`t account for where its gone.

saying that Bush had it planted there, hysterical

posted on Jan, 16 2003 @ 04:41 PM
link   
HAhaha.Whats a matter FM,Tired of blaming the Red Indians for having their land stolen so you've decided to pull my tail.

Are you a Medium with special powers that allow you and other right wing warmongerers to see into the future? or are you just a sad zealot eager to find an excuse for war?When you say"We all know"what do you mean?because I'm afraid I don't have your special powers.

We'll just take your final paragraph shall we.

"Get a grip on reality, as soon as he got a nuke he could have fired that very warhead out into the mediterranean, detonate it where our patriots and the Israeli missile defense has NO control, and let the winds finish off israel."

So you are saying that as soon as Saddam Hussein has a weapon that he doesn't yet have, made with materials that he doesn't yet have.He will convert his trusty Scuds to accomodate a nucear warhead and without doubt attack Israel.

And this pathetic prediction is the basis for your reply to me.Hardly substantial is it?

posted on Jan, 16 2003 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason
There's the typical Liberal Bull# you always hear...NOT RELEVANT?

Indeed not. They were found in a dusty long-forgotten carton covered with bird dung.

Hardly something to get worked-up over.

posted on Jan, 16 2003 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Oh my #ing god, I better hide my nuclear war head in the back shed, it's full of cob-webs, that way when the FBI come I can just go..."What that?? That's been there before you ever made fat man and little boy...h-he-hey don't touch that, it can be errr uh...very dangerous...better let me throw it out....what now? No no, I need to uh...get gloves first yes...get gloves....oh ... no I don't have gloves yet, i'll have to order them...they'll be a few month er years."

Dork, grow a brain and you more than deserve the insult.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Jan, 16 2003 @ 05:06 PM
link   
wish I`d never posted it...

the girls win again. saucer of milk anyone???

posted on Jan, 16 2003 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Yeah well in either case, the only person so far I've heard of minimizing this, (besides the Iraqi government) is the floozie Weapons inpsector under the Clinton Administration (the very administration that allowed WTC to happen), worthless scumbag opinion if you ask me, who goes far enough to say that the "Soviet era missles don't even work" which is about as untrue as you can get. I have a fan from my grandma's sister that is about 70 years old that works better than ANY fan you can get today....anything worth making work can work.

Sincerely,
no signature

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join