It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need guidance from higher light

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch
Did you say you were humble, are you joking

You hate creationists and belittle people to find superiority, well you do it to me so I assume you do it to many others, here and in the real world

Maybe that might be an issue.

Try accepting others even if you dont agree with them.
maybe accept others opinions even if they are wrong to you.

I accept your opinion even though I see it as wrong.

Maybe accept you dont know everything

But you cant do that, you are not strong enough to be humble, the pride is to strong in you.

Really? You pulled up a post of mine from 6 years ago to say this? This was during a time in my life when things were down, and do you know what pulled me out of this rut? Meditation, the elimination of negative emotions (anger, HATE, depression, etc) and I picked up a new hobby. SCIENCE. This thread helped lead me into studying and taking new classes that had nothing to do with my degree or work in IT. Over the next few years I developed an understanding of science and I feel that I understand the world as a whole better as a result. I'm in a good place right now, without religion, mind you.

When I post in the origins & creationism forum, my sole purpose is to deny ignorance and help others understand it. I don't hate or belittle people. I have tons of friends and family that are rational religious folks and we get along just fine. Do you know why? They aren't looking to attack science to preach their religion at every given opportunity. Science is the foundation of modern society. They don't deny something as scientifically solid as evolution to appease their personal faith. They instead understand that god may have used evolution as a method of creation. This is something that you have trouble reconciling with your faith because you believe in biblical literalism and are misinformed on science.

You have every right to post your opinion. This is true. But likewise, I have every right to tell you when it is misinformed. When you call abiogenesis or the formation of the solar system parts of evolution, it shows a gross misunderstanding of what that means in science. I have no problem with your personal faith, but you are attacking scientists and dismissing their research papers on a whim. I have every right to defend science from your attacks. The problem is that you interpret that as an attack on you or your faith. This isn't the case. It's not like you are just posting your opinions on religion. You are reducing proven science to a belief system, which is flat out wrong. I'm here to deny ignorance, like it or not.

And I have no problem being wrong. When I am wrong, I admit it. But you haven't yet demonstrated why you think I am wrong or my science links are wrong. You just flat out deny them and call it a day. That is intellectually dishonest.

I don't hate creationists. I just don't appreciate it when people attack science for no good reason. It has nothing to do with faith.

edit on 16-9-2014 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join