It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rescued climber survived on centipedes (Mt. Adams)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Rescued climber survived on centipedes (Mt. Adams)

edition.cnn.com

A 27-year-old Oregon climber who survived five days on southern Washington's Mount Adams with a broken ankle told rescuers he ate centipedes and drank water from creeks as he tried to crawl to safety.
The search began when Derek Mamoyac failed to turn up at work Monday.

A dog from a search and rescue team located Derek Mamoyac of Philomath, Oregon.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Wow, I wonder why no one mentioned this yet, or were covering it in a thread, considering this is THE exact spot where Johnny was just at, the Gilliland Ranch! Same mountain!

They found the guy at the 6,000ft level, where he'd been for the entire time since becoming injured in the ankle. I wonder what he was doing up there? Just hiking? That would be fine .. but does this not prove that there are men going up onto that mountain, the same one that the people go to Gilliland Ranch to spot sightings and "weird lights" at, and putting uber-powerful light fixtures into place, ie; a possible fraud? 6,000ft is way up there.. so it is certainly possible to take a powerful light in pieces in a backpack and then construct it and hide it in an ideal location with a remote control or a timer (more likely), so that they can "claim" they've channeled or called the UFO's or spirits to cause the light.

Obviously the kid is okay, but I wonder what the folks have been thinking for the past week out there at the ranch. I wonder if they were questioned or hassled, or even suspected as some kind of cult etc. I'm glad that apparently the Gilliland Ranch was unaffected by this incident.

Does anyone else have any information on this?

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10/19/2008 by runetang]

join