It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snap Out of It - Obama is using Clinical Hypnosis on You!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
AN EXAMINATION OF OBAMA’S USE OF HIDDEN HYPNOSIS TECHNIQUES IN HIS SPEECHES

EXPOSING OBAMA’S DECEPTION MAY BE THE ONLY WAY TO PROTECT DEMOCRACY

This document contains over 60 pages of evidence and analysis proving Barack Obama’s use of a little-known and highly deceptive and manipulative form of “hack” hypnosis on millions of unaware Americans, and reveals what only a few psychologists and hypnosis/NLP experts know.

Barack Obama’s speeches contain the hypnosis techniques of Dr. Milton Erickson, M.D. who developed a form of “conversational” hypnosis that could be hidden in seemingly normal speech and used on patients without their knowledge for therapy purposes. Obama’s speeches intentionally contain:

- Trance Inductions
- Hypnotic Anchoring
- Pacing and Leading
- Pacing, Distraction and Utilization
- Critical Factor Bypass
- Stacking Language Patterns
- Preprogrammed Response Adaptation
- Linking Statements/ Causality Bridges
- Secondary Hidden Meanings/Imbedded
Suggestions
- Emotion Transfer
- Non-Dominant Hemisphere Programming

Obama’s techniques are the height of deception and psychological manipulation, remaining hidden because one must understand the science behind the language patterns in order to spot them. This document examines Obama’s speeches word by word, hand gesture by hand gesture, tone, pauses, body language, and proves his use of covert hypnosis intended only for licensed therapists on consenting patients. Obama’s mesmerized, cult-like, grade-school-crush-like worship by millions is not because “Obama is the greatest leader of a generation” who simply hasn’t accomplished anything, who magically “inspires” by giving speeches. Obama is committing perhaps the biggest fraud and deception in American history.

Please read the article, it is very specific on the techniques. Especially interesting is how the Supreme Court ruled on a confession gained through hypnosis. The point is where speech writers and Obama work together and know what they are doing. They have studied the literature and they are applying it even though it is supposed to be the province of psychology and psychiatry under the greatest care for their patients.

For that matter if you must, go ahead and vote for Obama, just recognize what he is doing between the lines. Once you get past that, vote for the substance of what he wants to do, not because you are emotionally compelled to do so. If you must vote for McCain, apply the same principles.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I will have to look into this. I know that every time I see Obama on TV my blood pressure goes up 10 to 12 points. I told my husband today I don't know how I will get through the next 4 to 8 years without stroking out. Maybe my mind is recognizing what you are saying.

Just for the record, I don't know why he upsets me, I don't have a problem with having an African American President or even a green President if they can do the job. There is just something that upsets me every time I see him. I wish I knew what it was.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
WOW. Where did this document originate from?

I am familiar with the works of Dr. Erickson, and am amazed by the conclusions in this paper.

Unfortunately, the people who need to use their critical thinking and read the whole paper... won't.

It would detract from their Obamamania.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I was aware of a lot of what Obama has been doing ever since I first saw him speak. I wasn't sure of the exact techniques, but I could "feel" that he was speaking differently than most people. It felt like he was an articulate speaker, only without the articulate part.

The more people that read the article, the better.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Wow. This is painfully biased, and the same "analysis" would hold true for any candidate. It basically claims that common rhetorical practices will lull your poor weak mind into submission. Please, just look at their policies and records and make an informed decision for yourself rather than buying into this. If anybody is trying to deceive you its the quakery in this report.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Thanks for this post. I'm a quarter of the way through the article. It's very interesting regardless of the Obama factor. I have found it very informative on conversational hypnosis and you can bet I will be more aware of these techniques and know what to look for in advertisements and other major speeches.

Starred.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Now that I think about it, I wonder how deep all of Obama's doings really are. I mean, we all know of the silly "Obama Biden - O[s]ama bi[n la]den" thing which was quickly scurried aside. Another small thing I heard a day or so ago was in the early Pokémon games, Gym Leader Brock (which sounds like Barack) gives you TM 34 after you beat him, which happens to be named Bide (Biden).

If all of these and others are just a bunch of coincidences, then Obama is the most coincidental candidate in U.S. history.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Two words.
BIG
DEAL

He's doing his job and doing it well.
Most well trained orators are also trained in these techniques.
I’m sure if McCain or Pallin could master these techniques they’d be using them too.

Hypnosis is not mind control or brainwashing. People change their minds and actions throughout their lives. When such changes occur as a result of exposure to specific information, it is because this information has been presented through persuasion and influence. A hypnotherapist uses communicative methods of persuasion and influence; so do people who advertise and market goods and services; so do teachers, politicians, lawyers, entertainers, parents, and ministers.

see link

...taps...

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I couldn't agree more.

These techniques are used by lots of politicians - just listen to any of Tony Blair's speeches - and more worryingly by most salesmen.

I learnt hypnosis years ago and only use it when I have to, for instance if someone is hurt or distressed and need to be calmed down. There is a huge misconception about it where people think you can make someone do anything you want them to. Well, you can't make anyone do anything that goes against their conscience, so all you Obama haters out there won't stop hating him just because he gives a good speech using these techniques. In fact, if he is talking about things you disagree with, his ability to enable you to understand what he is saying will probably make you disagree even more vehemently!

Instead of moaning about these techniques being used "against" you, I suggest you go and educate yourself about them, you never know, you might pick up some good tips and avoid being talked into buying that insurance policy you really don't need!

Cheers

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
Now that I think about it, I wonder how deep all of Obama's doings really are. I mean, we all know of the silly "Obama Biden - O[s]ama bi[n la]den" thing which was quickly scurried aside. Another small thing I heard a day or so ago was in the early Pokémon games, Gym Leader Brock (which sounds like Barack) gives you TM 34 after you beat him, which happens to be named Bide (Biden).

If all of these and others are just a bunch of coincidences, then Obama is the most coincidental candidate in U.S. history.

If these are coincidences? Are you claiming Obama's parents are part of some nefarious arrangement with Nintendo?

Seriously?

If so, with all due respect that's one of the most desperate things I've read on here.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
It's not hypnosis it's called ignorance and stupidity.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

That is one of the funniest things I've ever read on here - seriously.

The sad thing is ... I can no longer tell when people are joking about this sort of stuff.

As for this "hypnosis" nonsense - it's called speech writing. Simple as that.
People really need to stop over-reacting - it's a form of persuasion, nothing more.

This whole election has degraded into a slagging match between two sides blindly supporting each others candidate against "the other one".
This is what happens with politics, when you separate a society into "us" and "them" - people desperately seeking ways for them to look superior, or for the other "side" to look worse. There is no "us" and "them" - there is a group of people with a gradient of political beliefs, separated into two sides because there is no other simple way of doing it.
People need to realise this - grow up - and start thinking for themselves.

This is bordering on dangerous - that people are so desperate for "their" team to be on top that they'll make up and misrepresent whatever nonsense supports their cause, or damages the other side's.

America is terrifying.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SkipShipman

I don't know which is more pathetic... that you are using this as an excuse as to why Obama is going to win.... or the people who would believe it.

Obama is going to win because people want change and after 12 out of the past 14 years in control of congress and the past 8 in the White House people don't believe that the Republicans can deliver anything other than more of the same.

Nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Well, not being a US citizen and really not caring one way or another which talking head is installed i would think most of those points can be linked to McCain. It's the way politicians regularly do busines.

Just count the times that McCain says 'my friends' in his speeches. How he got the crowd riled up fearing and hating Obama and more of those things. Obama is just better at it. He has a honest face and a calm dignified posture, presidential (this is not saying he will be a good, honest or able president)

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by pk1yen

Unfortunately you did not read what the Doctor wrote.

If you had, you would not have made the statements in your last post.

The Doctor isn't even an American. Not many of us are.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by pk1yen

As for this "hypnosis" nonsense - it's called speech writing. Simple as that.
People really need to stop over-reacting - it's a form of persuasion, nothing more.

This quote from the linked paper would seem to support that point of view:

The reason you cry from reading sad book simply by reading ink on paper is because of the mind’s interaction with that information, which is also a hypnotic process.

How broadly can 'hypnotic process' be defined (and, I would note, emphasized in bold on the header and footer of every page)? Simple advertising technique.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   

The reason Obama "speaks differently" is that he is using cohesive arguments, rational thought and complete sentences. Certainly unlike Palin and even sometimes McCain.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Who is the author of this piece of cr... I mean "paper", anyway? Karl Rove? It's a typical "throw a bunch of data out there and let the gullible form their own fear-based, frantic conclusion" piece, IMO.

I started to read the 67 page document but all I saw that Obama was doing was "smiling" and being "charming"... I'd like to know what he's actually DOING that equates to hypnosis. Nah, never mind.

I would have read more, but I started getting s-l-e-e-p-y...

Don't go too far out on that limb, it'll snap off.

Sorry, but this is just too funny for me to form a serious response to.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by seejanerun
I will have to look into this. I know that every time I see Obama on TV my blood pressure goes up 10 to 12 points. I told my husband today I don't know how I will get through the next 4 to 8 years without stroking out. Maybe my mind is recognizing what you are saying.

Just for the record, I don't know why he upsets me, I don't have a problem with having an African American President or even a green President if they can do the job. There is just something that upsets me every time I see him. I wish I knew what it was.

That's kinda how I feel when I accidentally stumble across FoxNews channel. And that's actually not a little snide comment, that's literally how I feel.

I have always wondered if it's the graphics they use, the music, theme songs, set placement, and/or anchor's body features.

I know exactly what you mean though. Nice post.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join