It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obvious Telepathic Connections

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
When I was younger, I can't quite remember what age, I had a telepathic experience with my mother. We have them quite often now and just smile knowing the obvious connection we have. Well, now to the story.

We were driving home from Taco Bell, both of us were silent. I was just staring out of the window, watching the lights of signs pass by as we drove. I started singing Ba Ba Black Sheep, in my head. It was the strangest thing, a random night, nothing that day to influence me into singing that or anything. It just popped into my head. I didn't make any gesture, I just kept staring out of the window, watching the signs, this time whilst singing Ba Ba Black Sheep in my head. Within five or ten seconds I'd say, my mother started to sing it out loud.

Shockingly, I turned and stared at her. She said I had looked as though I had seen a ghost. I said blankly, "I was just singing that in my head." She said it just popped into her head randomly. The main thing that perplexes me is, you don't normally sing Ba Ba Black Sheep ... I mean maybe if it were a random mainstream song it'd be less weird but, I'm talking about complete silence, me singing Ba Ba Black Sheep (of all songs) to myself in my head, and then her singing it out loud.

There has to be something connecting our minds. Some spiritual connection.

I'd like to hear about other's experiences that are similar to mine. With anybody, just any kind of telepathic experience. I'm sorry if this thread may be a bit redundant, but I really wanted to share my experience with ATS!

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I know what you mean on that.. Me and a friend of mine do it all the time, people call us brothers cause we "think alike".... We have started singing the same song at the same time, we have quoted the same line from a movie at the same time and several other things. Its always good for a laugh for us and everyone else in the room or car or wherever.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
That sounds interesting !

I was playing Mario Party with a friend late one night, and we both were silent for a good 20 or 30 minutes just playing. There is this "Star" that is placed around the map or whatever, and it's bonus points or something, and we had both forgotten about it. And then a random moment from that 20-30 minutes of silence we both said "Where's the star?" like the exact same moment. We were both shocked and it definitely woke us up from our droney-tired state of zombified mario party hahah XD

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
The connection between a mother and child is likely to strongest bond there can be. I would venture to say that a mothers intuition regarding her child is nothing short of a miracle. We see this everyday, but react to it as a triviality. Embrace the obvious connectivity and try to expand upon it. This may be the direction we are all meant to travel to some day. Love is a powerful conduit.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by panda319

This actually isn't too uncommon. It goes back to the time just after birth when the baby doesn't really have much of a way to communicate what it needs yet the mother always seems to know what it's thinking. This connection generally tends to fade over time as the child becomes less reliant on the mother and begins to develop its own personality, although it can recur at random points throughout a person's life. If you can find an article written in 1971 by Jan Ehrenwald titled "Mother-Child Symbiosis: Cradle of ESP" it gives a really good overview of the phenomena.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Wow, nice reply. That's a very good explanation for it. Still quite an interesting topic! The power of the mind is so immense, it's truly inspiring!

Thanks for all the nice replies!

Continue to give your thoughts and experiences yourselves!

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I have these all the time, and I never get tired of them. Mostly with my children and family, because we end up revealing it somehow, but it does make you wonder how many times your thoughts are influenced by the person standing in front of you. I have always been very in tune to people's emotions and can sense them from across the room or in the next room. I don't even have to look at them, to sometimes "know" where the are "at". Sometimes I feel a little MPD going on, because I will "change" based on who I am with and what they are feeling. In star trek they called those kind of people "empaths". I like that description.
Those synchronistic moments I usually pay attention to more than others. For example the last time this happened, I was driving through town randomly looking at houses, and I was thinking maybe I would be happier living in a cottage again.( I live in a very big house now and I don't like being a slave to it) and my little daughter said from her car seat, "I don't ever want to live in a cottage" a few seconds later... I said "Ok". I thought I was getting my answer in the best way possible.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Wow. That's interesting seagrass
. . .

I had quite an interesting one today. I was doing something involving SATA Cables and my computer. I looked around at a ton of different stores and then, this guy I haven't talked to in a long while popped into my head. He worked for Geek Squad and stuff, so I called him and said "Do you have a SATA Cable". It turns out he had one in his pocket!
SATA Cables are somewhat common for "geeks" to have, but in their pockets not really. And you don't have a ton of random SATA Cables lying around!

For those who don't know what a SATA is, it connects your Motherboard of your Computer to your HDD and other rom drives.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Yep!! Like I said, I never get tired of them. They happen all the time here if your watching and expecting.
You have to be able to listen to them and let them flow. Good things happen if you do. Call em signs or whatever, but they are interesting leads to follow. Makes you think youre on the right track.

new topics

top topics

join