It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolutionism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2003 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Evolutionism

I would like hear what you think of my philosophy.

I believe in the idea that if some thing works best use it.

I believe that the world is a jungle and that we must do what we have to so that we can assure the long term survival of the human race no matter what the cost. But I also believe that one of the best ways to do that is to allow natural selection decided what is best (this applies to ideas inventions and DNA) . There is one way that we can help evolution along create conflict. All ideas are not equal so we must put these ideas in a state of conflict so that the best idea survives and has the most ability to work it self out. Long lasting governments slow the proses of conflict but since they are long last then must be effective but they must eventual fall to make way for better form of government.

So I have created the Dragon society a society who�s goal is to create conflict (this does mot necessarily mean violence or war) and to create a system of natural selection for ideas and information.

Please post your ideas and if you wish to join the Dragon society please tell me.

posted on Jan, 15 2003 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Your theory has already been tried and deemed a failure, it was called Nazism

posted on Jan, 15 2003 @ 10:58 PM
link   
First the term is fascism and second no that�s not it. Fascism is the idea that a race has a divine right. Evolutionism says that no race has divine right that no idea no government has a divine right. I do not believe I am better or my ideas are better I simple believe that my ideas and other ideas should have to fight and in the long term only one new idea should survive since it is the best. If that�s not my idea to bad. I only suggest that we create more of these fights (think about creating a system of healthy debate of ideas). I do not believe that we should kill ideas off just that ideas should have there own time. Imagine if there was no die off of species we would be living with dinosaurs neanderthals and so on. That would not work since there is only so many resources to go around. It works the same with ideas its happing right now. What I propose is to make the system work faster and in plain view. A frame of reference to help the use of good ideas.
That what the Dragon Society plans to do. to create conflict of ideas so that we are not stuck with 10 bad ideas instead of 1 good one.

posted on Jan, 15 2003 @ 11:15 PM
link   
The reason why I link your theory to Nazism (a very much more extreme version) is because once you get people thinking it is "survival of the fitest" some people begin to think they are better than others, and are given special priviledges because of that.

The ironic factor (and life is very ironic) is what happens is the "fittest" begin to rely upon the "meak" and become lazier, or direct their attentions to things that don't really matter in the "survival of the fittest" strategy.

All these prejudices is what allows for easy ability to eradicate peoples.

Germans would never have gone far enough to cause the Holocaust, if they had not first been told that they were the "fittest" of humanity, and deserve to remain "pure".

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Jan, 16 2003 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I can't believe I am saying this....... I agree with you Freemason

posted on Jan, 16 2003 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Mr. Free Mason, within this thread you seem to have a conflicting moral view that representing in the "Emergency Services" thread.

Here you seem to show a degree of compassion for those "less fit" within the evolutionary model. One could argue that a habitual drug user is certainly a week person, and humanity would be better served is this person did not procreate.

In your "Emergency Services" thread, you would like to see this prototype drug user die when experiencing a critical overdose. However, within this thread, you appear to want to make sure this person has the same privileges as everyone else.

Evolution applies not only to biologic organisms, but to human society as well. From a societal point of view, we are in an evolutionary crux at this moment in history. We have created a society in which individuals can survive and indeed thrive who might otherwise fail and die from a biological evolutionary stand point. We have eschewed a "good of the species" point of view for a "good for the individual" stance, not by design, but through moral standards.

And where will this lead us?

posted on Jan, 16 2003 @ 11:07 AM
link   
machi,
just be honest and call it project mayhem.

XAOS

posted on Jan, 16 2003 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Machi, you can see your theory in action in Africa:

In the Congo, which is having trouble with rapes, massacres, and forced and real cannibalism:

In the Ivory Coast where the rule of the Temporarily Strong prevails.

In Burunda, between the Hutus and Tutsis where the rule of mayhem takes place wherever it can.

In Uganda between rival tribes.

news.yahoo.com...

In Colombia ... where they're called "cartels"

...and so on and so forth.

Please. Do go live under the system you propose. I'll stay here in the US under the system you oppose, okay?

posted on Jan, 16 2003 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I agree with FM. Your idea sounds too uch like what the Nazis wanted. A perfect Arayan race.

posted on Jan, 16 2003 @ 10:22 PM
link   
First off none of you seem to understand I am not talking about biological evolution (which happing and no matter what you do will continue to happen. Evolutionism Talks about the evolution of ideas and Information. I do not want nations or races to fight each other. What want is things like ideologies and philosophy. (I think It is easy to say the Idea of communism has failed in the past few years.) Imagine if communism failed at an earlier date and all the resources wasted on not only communist states but hear in America (on the cold war) could have been put to better use. Imagine if we took those billion (there was actually more like trillions) and put it in cancer research. If a Non violent conflict (Evolutionism does not like violent conflicts it instead promotes none violent conflicts which are more efficient) arose to put down communism at an earlier date then we could be living in a better world Evolutionism promotes change of Information and ideas. Not races and species. This has nothing to do with people and races but ideas.

posted on Jan, 17 2003 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Sounds like Eugenics of ideas. Too many people would disagree at once. Mass mayhem. It's a good idea, but the human race has not developed the mental capacity to care about much anything but themselves.

join