It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dinosaurs and the Bible

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
WOW, this was such an amazing video, with the mountain of evidence presented it's obvious to me that dinosaurs did in fact walk with man.

He goes into Noah's ark too. Well, I just wanted to share this video with my Christian friends.

I love this video!!!!

Dinosaurs and the Bible

If you enjoyed this video as much as I do, star and flag, por favor!

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I really enjoyed this video. This gives alot of insight. I really like the way he brings up some very hard questions. I never really thought of it this way lol. He is good.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Da Ali G Show does science. Ali G (Sasha Baron-Cohen) invited (now federal inmate and tax cheat) creationist Kent Hovind to discuss evolution. The show erroneously lists Hovind as a "Dr," but his "doctorate" was earned from an unaccredited diploma mill.

[edit on 16-10-2008 by Lysergic]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
OMG lesergic, I haven't seen you in ages!

You were on the original ats.

anyways the video is long, I'm gonna watch it later. thanks NYT.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by silverflame
I really enjoyed this video. This gives alot of insight. I really like the way he brings up some very hard questions. I never really thought of it this way lol. He is good.

Oh yeah, he's fantastic. There are a whole series of videos on Google video, his entire seminar I believe.

I'll post some more when I get home, quite fascinating.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

That is a funny video, I love how Ali G. makes fun of the stereotype of a kid who grew up watching to much MTV.

Secondly, Kent Hovind isn't a "Dr.", he has a "P.h.D" in Education. He's a TEACHER.

Thirdly, attempting to diminish waht the man has to say about dinosaurs by attacking him personally is called an "Ad Hominem" argument.

No one other than middle school children, and high schoolers without debate class are moved by such arguments. They carry zero weight.

"An Ad Hominem is a general category of fallaciesin which a claim or argument is rejected on the basis of some irrelevant fact about the author of or the person presenting the claim or argument. Typically, this fallacy involves two steps. First, an attack against the character of person making the claim, her circumstances, or her actions is made (or the character, circumstances, or actions of the person reporting the claim). Second, this attack is taken to be evidence against the claim or argument the person in question is making (or presenting). This type of "argument" has the following form:......

The reason why an Ad Hominem (of any kind) is a fallacy is that the character, circumstances, or actions of a person do not (in most cases) have a bearing on the truth or falsity of the claim being made (or the quality of the argument being made). "

Ad Hominem Fallacy

With this fact in mind, would you like to form an argument that deals with Kent's information itself?

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth
OMG lesergic, I haven't seen you in ages!

You were on the original ats.

anyways the video is long, I'm gonna watch it later. thanks NYT.

No problem brother, and I noticed you linked a video too that I plan on watching when I get home from work.

It's a fascinating presentation, and I will like a few other videos soon in this thread.

I hope you enjoy it, the evidence that dinosaurs walked with man is TREMENDOUS.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
doesnt the bible say that early man did not exist or something? thats what alot of people say, what about dinosaurs. are they in the bible?

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Homeless Man
doesnt the bible say that early man did not exist or something? thats what alot of people say, what about dinosaurs. are they in the bible?

Yes sir, "Dragon" is used over 50 times. That's what people called dinosaurs before the late 19th century.

And the book of Job talks about the "behemoth" and the "leviathan".

P.S. Watch the video, you'll be astonished.

[edit on 17-10-2008 by NOTurTypical]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
'Dr.' Kent Hovind???? Take a look at where he got his Phd.!

Source.

This guy is the biggest fraud EVER! And he's doing time in the Federal Pen for tax evasion!

[edit on 17-10-2008 by JaxonRoberts]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
'Dr.' Kent Hovind???? Take a look at where he got his Phd.!

Source.

This guy is the biggest fraud EVER! And he's doing time in the Federal Pen for tax evasion!

Ad hominem arguments. They carry zero weight, try attacking what he actually says....

(BTW, I'm a tax objector too.)

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Chemistry professor Karen Bartelt has said that it is "very unusual for a person with a Ph.D., even a real one," [emphasis in original] to list oneself in the phonebook as "Dr Hovind", as Hovind has done.[13] Barbara Forrest, a professor of philosophy, expert on the history of creationism and activist in the Creation-evolution controversy, wrote that Hovind's lack of academic training makes it impossible to engage him on a professional level.[14] Other critics of Hovind have charged that Patriot Bible University is a diploma mill, as it has unreasonably low graduation requirements, lack of sufficient faculty or educational standards, and a suspicious tuition scheme.[10] The school's current policies allow students to attain bachelor's degrees, master's degrees and even "Doctor of Ministry" degrees in months, rather than years, for as little as $25 per month. Currently Patriot offers a monthly fee, unlike most universities, which only charge per-credit fees.[15] Bartelt has stated Hovind's doctoral dissertation is evidence of the poor requirements at Patriot and that Hovind lacks knowledge of basic science.[13] Bartelt noted that Hovind's dissertaton is incomplete (contains four chapters totaling 101 pages, but Hovind's introduction claims the work is 250 pages with 16 chapters), of low academic quality, poor writing, poor spelling, poor grammatical style, pages are repeated, references are absent, and it is not original work with original ideas.[13][

Source.

The man is an uneducated fraud and has absolutely no grasp of even basic science. His ramblings are utter tripe and so full of holes that you could drive an aircraft carrier through them! Contrary to the fact that the dinosaurs disappeared over 65 million years ago and homo sapiens have not been around more than 200,000 years, this moron wants you to believe that Man and dinosaur coexisted! The only place that man and dinosaur coexisted was on the Flintstones!

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

The man is an uneducated fraud and has absolutely no grasp of even basic science.

More ad hominem...

His ramblings are utter tripe and so full of holes that you could drive an aircraft carrier through them!

I'm certain you have not watched the video. It's full of PROOF that dinos and man walked together.

This time TRY discrediting what he ACTUALLY says....

A fallacy is a component of an argument which, being demonstrably flawed in its logic or form, renders the argument invalid in whole. ...

Common translation: Your ENTIRE, (whole), argument is INVALID.

fallacies

The reason why an Ad Hominem (of any kind) is a fallacy is that the character, circumstances, or actions of a person do not (in most cases) have a bearing on the truth or falsity of the claim being made (or the quality of the argument being made).

Ad hominem fallacy

Your arguments carry ZERO weight in disputing the claim that dinosaurs walked with man. "DR" Dino, Kent Hovind, is NOT claiming to have done the scientific research/experiments himself, he is presenting the work of others...

Kent is a TEACHER, not a scientist....

Try AGAIN dude.

[edit on 17-10-2008 by NOTurTypical]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

There are times when an Ad Hominem arguement is valid. If your brain surgeon got his 'degree' from a double-wide, it is valid. If a kid with down syndrome explains particle physics, it is valid. If the speaker is 'Doctor' Kent Hovind, it is valid. I have watched this video in the past, and I'm still furious that I will never get that two hours of my life back! It is so full of half-truths and outright lies that it defies sanity! But let's start with the first one... He claims to have taught High School Science for 15 years, but there is not one peice of evidence to back that up. In his deposition for his tax case, he lists his previous employment experience and there is not one mention of being a High School Teacher. He also lacks the educational background to ever get such a position. You also expect me to believe a man who got his 'education' from a 'university' whose campus consists of a double-wide trailer over professional scientists who have degrees from institutions such as Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Oxford, Cambridge and Cornell. I'm sorry, but Ad Hominem is more than sufficient in this case. Maybe we should put 'Joe the Plumber' in charge of a nuclear power plant!?! After all, he knows about plumbing and there are an awful lot of pipes in a Nuclear Power Plant! So what if 'Joe the Plumber' isn't a licenced contractor! He's famous, and that should be good enough, right??? If the source is bogus, so is the information that comes from it! Garbage in- Garbage out! But let's let the membership research the 'Doctor' for themselves:

www.kent-hovind.com

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I must ask, typical, how are you approaching this Hovind stuff? Because buy the sounds of things, you are taking a biased view with plenty of preconceived conclusions. Anything that fits your beliefs, you will go along with it?

If you are even a little open minded, then you wont mind actually looking for more evidence to contrast Hovind's claims and if you are decently open minded you will look at any evidence with scrutiny.

At the end of the day, Hovinds presentations are full of half truths, misconceptions, misrepresentations and theology. You brought up ad homin before so I'll point out that he belittles scientists a lot too.

new topics

top topics

join