It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whaa??? McCain calls JFK assasination 'intervention'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
This just happened in minute 26 of the debate, it was trippy. His eyes widen and then put his hand over his mouth (sort of rubs at his nose)...

It went just like this:

"...before the intervention (eyes widen, hand over mouth) the tragedy in Dallas".

Check it out....

[edit on 15-10-2008 by TheWayISeeIt]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Well that would be a pretty big goof up there.

Can anyone else point to a youtube video or something?

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
First a link would be good. And second, I'm suspecting the Russians are shooting their truth rays at him.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

I can't link to it, it's the debate. It's live right now. Although someone who is tivo'ing and knows how to 'youtube' can find it at the end of minute 26 -- McCain is talking about townhall meetings -- and make a link I guess.

Sorry my 2.0 web skills are not up to snuff, but it's there and worth seeing... nutty. Anyone?

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Wow. I read your post and then went to check for myself (I'm DVRing the debate tonight). It might be stretching to say that it was intentional or meaningful, but it's definitely an odd choice of words.

I think you ought to clarify his body language though. He reaches up ostensibly to scratch his nose (nervous response?), thereby obscuring the view of his mouth--he didn't put his hand over his mouth in the sense of being shocked at his own words.

[edit on 15/10/08 by paperplanes]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Man, wish I was watching the debate.

I'd love to see a vid as soon as it gets here.

-Lahara

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWayISeeIt
This just happened in minute 26 of the debate, it was trippy. His eyes widen and then put his hand over his mouth (sort of rubs at his nose)...

It went just like this:

"...before the intervention (eyes widen, hand over mouth) the tragedy in Dallas".

Check it out....

[edit on 15-10-2008 by TheWayISeeIt]

Yeah I just saw this live, his hands quickly came to his mouth when he noticed what he had said. He was saying that tragedies like the JFK assasination were interventions.....

It's not too far from interpretation to believe that he condones the actions of Lee Harvey Oswald or who ever did JFK in that day.

But I may be just jumping the gun and it was an honest mistake

-Ign0RanT

[edit on 15-10-2008 by Ign0rant]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
He was talking about how Obama didn't take his offer to do more town hall meetings, he said Obama said he would do them anytime anywhere and then followed with this exact quote "the way barry goldwater and jack kennedy did before the intervention, the tragedy at dallas."

Not sure what McCain would really know about the Kennedy assassination though. He did touch his face and seemed to stop blinking for longer than normal after he said intervention, which might imply deception.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
"The Intervention"!, "The Intervention"!

Are you kidding me?

Oh man, McCain isn't going to be let in on any more State Secrets, that's for sure.

[edit on 16-10-2008 by FewWorldOrder]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
First he calls Americans prisoners and now the JFK assasination was an "intervention"

What is with this guy?

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWayISeeIt

Geez .. The P.T.B. are probably thinking this guy is clumsy. He may just know the truth because of his long connection to Washington ... there is something to it i believe.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   

When Sen. Obama was first asked, he said, "Any place, any time," the way Barry Goldwater and Jack Kennedy agreed to do, before the intervention of the tragedy at Dallas. So I think the tone of this campaign could have been very different.

He said it.....Debate Transcript

About a third of the way down the page.

[edit on 10/15/2008 by skeptic1]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Ok, here's his cover now,

www.cnn.com...

"...before the intervention of the tragedy at Dallas."

Emphasis mine.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
"Interventions" aren't done by individuals. Sounds like McCain believes in the conspiracy theory of the Kennedy assassination.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Is it true that Kennedy had proposed disbanding the Fed right before he was killed? This would be the time in history for McCain to be thinking about the last guy who proposed such a thing, and what happened to him.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by drock905
First he calls Americans prisoners and now the JFK assassination was an "intervention"

What is with this guy?

Either he is accidentally slipping up, trying to tell Americans the truth in the only way he knows how that won't get him killed, trying doublespeak and bad at it, he wasn't properly brainwashed and secret information is slipping out at the wrong times, or his conscience is really getting to him. Pick your choice.

Adding: Maybe in his own way maybe he is stating that there will be certain things he will have to do, or be killed. He doesn't want to end up like JFK, so he is agreeing to betray the people. Of course, I believe Obama would do the same thing also. There is really no choice between the two.

[edit on 16-10-2008 by Mystery_Lady]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Yes I caught the intervention gaffe while I watched the debate but I dont think its the kinda gaffe that will be discussed on CNN and Fox tomorrow morning.
Too bad...

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SEEWHATUDO

I would love to see this discussed and debated on the news, networks, and radio. Unfortunately, I think you will be correct. They won't touch it. I bet many alternative news sources will though.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join