It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Expedition set for 'ghost peaks'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Expedition set for 'ghost peaks'

news.bbc.co.uk

It is perhaps the last great Antarctic expedition - to find an explanation for why there is a great mountain range buried under the White Continent.

"You can almost think about it as exploring another planet - but on Earth," said Dr Fausto Ferraccioli from the British Antarctic Survey.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   

"This region is a complete enigma. It's in the middle of the continent. Most mountain ranges are on the edges of continents, and we really can't understand what these mountains are doing in the centre."

This expedition sounds quite interesting regarding the situation. What is underneath those mountains - why are they there, if there is no geological explanation? Kind of reminds me of a movie... you know it.

So what will they find? Or are our geology theories just incorrect and those mountains can form themselves in a third way?

(I am kind of tired of all those Oct 14 and military threads, let's focus a little bit more on science here on ATS)

absente-/

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by absenteThis expedition sounds quite interesting regarding the situation. What is underneath those mountains - why are they there, if there is no geological explanation? Kind of reminds me of a movie... you know it.

Oh no please don't joke I never liked those damn aliens!

Interesting though, let's see what they find if they find anything.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
if they find anything really interesting, it might be so surprising that it won't ever be in the media for the average public to know;

because it is too complicate to rewrite (pre)history-book and official religious theories (as implemented by vatican), so better keep silence.

off topic:

No matter how rich you become, how famous or powerful, when you die the size of your funeral will still pretty much depend on the weather. - Michael Pritchard, you are naked

new topics

top topics

join