It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Tries To Sell Little Girl For $10 of Crack

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   
This is some sad story, thankfully the little girl was put into care i believe, but stories like this remind me of the scum that exist in this world.

Maybe its the scrooge of drugs that made him do this, but you gotta be some low life to do this.

He tried to say it was a joke, but the people he approached, who were offered the sale of this kid, thankfully called the cops in, which is a ray of hope that not everyone is like this piece of [SNIP].

The arrest is all caught on tape, video posted below.

I have children myself, and it breaks my heart every time i hear of people treating kids badly.

Video.

Removed censor circumvention

[edit on 15/10/08 by masqua]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Denied

wow ya ... that's about all i can say about that ... why? is about all i can ask ... drugs for a kid haha wow .... i'm not surprised tho this world is pretty [SNIP]

Removed censor circumvention

[edit on 15/10/08 by masqua]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Of course we'd all jump to blame it on the drugs, right?

Just goes to show that we need to pump a lot more of our tax dollars into the war on drugs so things like this don't happen. *sarcasm*

It's the drugs making him do it! Hes not just a horrible person who would be doing something equally as terrible if it were not for the drugs! There is no such thing as inherently bad people!!

*returns from fantasy land*

Oops, I just felt the need to get a little of that off of my chest. Hope it doesn't detract from the OP's gloomy article too much...

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Yeah i know its not a happy story, and yeah you cant blame the drugs completely, and having had a bit of a past myself, i know im a good person and never did bad stuff even remotely near to that, even if i was desperate, so i hear you on that level.

I never went near crack, but i could bet it would make you do things that you wouldn't normally do, even though he was probably scum before he became a crack head.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by Denied]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
whoa...trading kids for crack is a bad thing?

if i was one of the people approached by this dude, i'd have bought her...turned her in to the cops and had them hunt this dude down.

at least that way i would have known she was safe...some crazy might have been the next one asked.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Yeah the guy looks messed up, but I am not all that convinced it was NOT a joke.

The female cop is muttering and going on about "he said, she said, the kids said" and the main person that claimed he said it was "gone". Plus overall the kid, the guy, and the "stepmom" looked pretty clean and well-fed.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
This is why people should have to get some sort of permit to bring kids into the world. Sad state of affairs, but at the same time just sick.

[edit on 10/15/2008 by andy1033]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Drugs, like any form of temptation . . . be it money, power, control, greed, vanity . . . whatever . . . will drive people to do things they would otherwise not do to themselves, their families and any fellow human being.

Just take a close look . . . a real close look . . . at society in general, governments as a rule, business as a lifestyle, credit as a crutch and the hierachy of damn near everything and it will expose to you the depths of depravity to which humans sink all to get whatever fix it is to satisfy the 'here and now' with total disregard for anything beyond an hour from now.

It may seem a jaded way of looking at things, and a sad testiment on how I'm feeling about life these days, but I don't think it is far off the mark.

Sad, really.

Sad

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

Yeah you are dead right, we are given free will, and some choose to please themselves despite the ramifications to others, i think in life its ok to be selfish sometimes, but over the small things only, but when someone chooses to gratify themselves, be it through greed, sex, or money etc, and totally disregard others that will be deeply affected, that becomes something else.

But i have never given up on society, at least not yet, there is "good" in this world, and thats something that is a little comfort to me.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by Denied]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
The facr remains, though, that these poeple who greed for power or money or drugs or WHATEVER, are CHOOSING to put these things before others.

The good that you speak of -- the individuals who wish to do good things -- these people CHOSE to be this way. The here and nows are still before them. Its not like the good people of the world only chose to be good because they couldn't get thier hands on drugs or money or power. They just CHOSE to give the right things priority.

Can't put all of the blame on the problems themselves. It just paints the perps as victims.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MyrTheSeeker

I submit that we need look no further than what is going on in our economic climate at this time and it proves exactly what you're saying . . . there are people who choose to economically rape, pillage and otherwise sell out their fellow human beings for a bit more folding stuff in the wallet.

They've marketed their reality well. They sell us on the fact we 'need' stuff and get us hooked on the good life. They've taught us greed is good, vanity is tantamount to success, keeping up with the Jones' is more important that family values and that selling yourself out for the next three decades to have the good life now is the only way to go.

The bottom line on your credit card statement is proof positive of the hypothesis.

We bought into that hook, line and sinker . . . we're addicts for 'stuff' and the only 'rehab' available ain't pretty . . . clawing like rats on a sinking ship to survive . . . we're living it right now . . . and it is costing us taxpayers trillions of dollars.

How much different are we from that crack addict, clawing at whatever for the quick 'fix' . . .

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Would you trade a child for a television? A car, maybe?

Therein lies the difference.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   

They've marketed their reality well. They sell us on the fact we 'need' stuff and get us hooked on the good life. They've taught us greed is good, vanity is tantamount to success, keeping up with the Jones' is more important that family values and that selling yourself out for the next three decades to have the good life now is the only way to go.

I agree with your statement about the subject as a whole, alot of people have that mentality, as long as your ok, sod everyone else.

Its funny how a story like this can relate to the state of society as a whole, but i suppose its all about how far you will go, and what depths you will go to.

Unfortunately that is the problem with society, and capitalism, for you to get ahead, it usually means someone elses downfall, you either play the game or suffer.

Thats whats fundamentally wrong with society.

Originally posted by GoalPoster

How much different are we from that crack addict, clawing at whatever for the quick 'fix' . . .

I think there is a difference, its just depends how far you will go to achieve your desires.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
From a purely economical perspective children are worth much less than crack. Especially in these densely populated areas where any comatose slob can slide into some obese toothless female representative and produce one. We've got middle class families who waited until they could afford to have a child to have one not being able to conceive but out in the ghetto we have babies falling out of the sky to addict parents who only see them as a government check.

From the crackheads POV that kid was just a liability (if he had a few kids he could be making sweet welfare bank but one wont pay the notes for too long) so he was set to make a pretty good deal.

Dont give me that "damn this economy" bull. Trash people have been doing trash things since the dawn of time. If this junkie were rich he'd most likely do the same thing to save himself a trip to the ATM. Whether the DOW is up or down trash is still trash.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I don't see why the guy was arrested.
He said she said is all over the place. He said he was making a joke.
Those cops just arrest folks when they feel like it, huh. Typical.
Only problem is that the security guards beat you up and torture you, and then if you fight back, they call the cops to arrest you.
America is a sad place where they ram their car into black folks as they wait for the bus.
There's no reason to like it at all.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Personally, no . . . but I'm guessing some would . . .

It all depends on how much of a stranglehold the addiction has on that person.

There are plenty of people out there who'd spend the weekly grocery money on whatever the fix is . . . shopping, booze, gambling, drugs . . . whatever.

It isn't as bold faced as trading the kid for a rock of crack, but when that kid has missed the third straight meal while Daddy's out at the track or Mommy's out at the bingo hall, or both of them are at behind the library huffing on a pipe of whatever, it all amounts to the same thing . . .

When a corporate executive takes that million dollar bonus while throwing twenty people to the wolves . . . when your congressional representative takes an 'earmark' in exchange for 700 billion of your tax dollars . . . when your president channels 120 billion to an insurance company that gambled on greed . . .

I guess what I'm trying to say is that the fact this guy was quick to sell his child is a symptom of the overall ill in society today only on a much more 'in your face' manner that hits really really close to home for a lot of people.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegaCurious
America is a sad place where they ram their car into black folks as they wait for the bus.
There's no reason to like it at all.

Wha? Who's they?

That sounds like a gross generalization...

America is no more full of horrible people than anywhere else, we just get a lot more attention (and we do it to ourselves with our media outlets).

I am an American, and I'd like to think that I lean towards the side of good (on the scale that I just made up). I am also a good judge of people, and the majority of people who I am surrounded by are also good.

Good people are just like compliments: Everyone forgets the compliments, but will always remember the insults...

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   

How true . . .

You make a really valid point. I guess society measures everyone on the worst last thing they've done.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Where are the p***** off vigilantes in this country?

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by traderjack

I think most of us are hiding under our beds waiting for the next economic explosion . . . trying desparately to hang on to what little is left.

Like a job.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join