It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You know what? Thank a mod...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Okay, I'm really getting sick and tired of hearing this. Real quick, lets just go over just a few things that I've heard while being a member here on ATS...

First of all, members who feel injustice...how injustice is this. These are actual remarks made by ATS members, who come here...use ATS space, bandwidth, and the time and efforts of ATS mods and admins...the bill payers and the like:

1. ATS is a site completely funded and driven by the government.

2. ATS's mods are corrupt, and only see to it that views that are "okay with ATS" are viewed.

3. (and most recent) ATS is nothing but a site for censorship.

Okay...I'm going to pick on number 3...because it's been on the heat lately.

First of all, I read a thread saying "we the members", don't ever do that again. You do not represent me. NEVER HAVE. NEVER WILL.

These select few ATS member, you know who you are. WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?! Did you forget what the original case of a closed thread was? ATS closes threads when they are getting out of hand, beyond the point of removing posts. But, guess what...if you've ever been to a support forum, which is about what the Board Information Forum is...guess what, a problem gets resolved, that thread gets closed. You have another issue in the thread that wasn't the original point, you start a new one.

I ran support communities for 2 years, I know the works. It doesn't necessarily save bandwidth, or the like (trust me, in ATS's case they don't need to worry, but they don't need to waste it on pointless topics either -- we'll come to that), it's because there's a little thing called organization and protocol. Now see, I know I used words too big for some of you so lets break that down.

Organization - The word is a noun:
1. the act or process of organizing.
2. the state or manner of being organized.
3. something that is organized.

It means you keep one things in one place, so it's easier to find, and something else some other place, that way you don't have to sift all the time to find what you're looking for! (DUH!!! Try it sometime!!!)

Protocol - The word is a noun:
1. the customs and regulations dealing with diplomatic formality, precedence, and etiquette.

It means that there are rules to follow, ways to post material, and times when you should and shouldn't do it. You agreed to every single one of these terms when you registered on ATS. You took an oath, you admitted that any violation of these terms would result in action, and yet you act so suprised when action is taken. Why?

See, we have a word on ATS for people like that, trolls. People who are looking to start boardland drama, and quite frankly it's those same people who eventually end up in the pit. The good of ATS can do without them. I know I seem harsh, but it's the cold hard truth. Our slogan here is "Deny Ignorance", but yet opposites seem to attract, we get an abundance of people who just are not willing to accept things, and believe that they are above the law for some reason, just because they provide content. Your content herein, on ATS, belongs to ATS, you also agreed to those terms when you registered that some rights to ATS were reserved.

Now, people who also argue about bandwidth being wasted, like to also take the time to rant about it in completely new threads, instead of taking it up with a moderator or staff member in U2U. That's a bunch of garbage. If you want to conserve space and bandwidth, you send your concerns via complaint or U2U. Don't post another thread just to get a rise out of people, that is called baiting, and that is also against ATS protocol. There's that word agian.

I honestly think that the mods here, while I have my grunts and struggles with some of them sometimes, do a fantastic job, and the admins all the same. I have had my share of issues in the past with ATS staff, and I can say as a former person of those kinds that I was gravely mistaken for those actions. Mods, we do not thank you enough, we don't think the admins enough, and you certainly are awesome for continuing on, in what seems to be a completely thankless job.

Better men and women than a lot of us, and I know some ATS members will agree. May not be out fighting a war (some of you), but you're certainly keeping the boards a nice place to hang out and to have fun...at best. That still counts for something, at least to some members.

Go Mods!

[edit on 14.10.2008 by Shugo]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   
your rant is long but i get what your saying. people jsut need a reason to bitch and moan. let them have it/.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   
If these people don't like it... They can leave. You can't please everyone, and there's always going to be people complaining... It's just the way it is.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Shugo, there is only one logical explanation for you creating this thread. You were obviously hired by the government as a disinfo agent to protect their puppets that are the ATS mods.

I kid of course

To be serious shugo, I couldnt have said it better myself.

It drives me nuts to see some of these people who think the mods are evil government disinof agents or that they have an agenda or that they only allow threads that they like.

Its complete and utter BS. Some people are hell bent on finding a conspiracy in anything and everything around them.

Let me tell these people something. Not everything is a conspiracy! The mods arent out to get you. They dont work for the government as disinfo agents they dont have an agenda and they allow all types of threads.

Thanks for creating this thread shugo. We need to bring some logic and common sence back into ATS.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Great Thread Shugo!

Agreed.

Thank you Mods for everything that you do around here

- Carrot

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Well, the good news is that so far today...that I'm aware of it has been quiet. You guys know I patrol the Board Questions like a mod, even though I R Not one. So, I'd probably be one of the first to see those threads.

Hopefully the members got off of whatever stick they were sitting on and moved on, or just got over it.

I also continued reading one of these threads, threatening to start a new website, and I have to address that...

GOOD EFFING LUCK!
I tried once. I really really tried once. It's not as easy as "1-2-3" like you like to claim.

PS, maybe I should "sign" all of my posts as "The ATS Mod Sock Puppet", huh?

[edit on 14.10.2008 by Shugo]

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Hey! Lookatthat!

I did a search!

Just thought (especially after this week) you guys and gals needed to hear it again.

Thanks.

beez
(please don't "borg" my credit rating!)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Damn man. Seems things haven't changed much in the last 4 years.

Thanks though.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
If I have any complaint about the staff on ATS, it's that I'm inclined to believe that they are actually too lenient, rather than too authoritarian. If I was a moderator here, there would be days when I'd go completely crazy with the banhammer. The fact that they don't, to me shows enormous restraint.

In my time as a member, there has only really been one administrative action that I've been truly unhappy with, which I will not name publically, because I know what will happen to me if I do.
Aside from that, however, the staff here are probably the best of any forum I've been on.

I used to hang out on pagan forums, and we had lots of bans and mod drama there, because there were a lot of people on those sites with serious ego issues. ATS' staff don't have those sorts of problems at all. I consider them very fair, for the most part.

new topics

top topics

join