It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

List of security clearances

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by pyxsul
-Position of Public Trust
-Confidential
-DOE-L
-DOE-Q
-DOJ-NACI
-DOJ-Secret
-IRS-MBI
-NATO
-NATO-Secret
-Secret
-Top Secret
-Top Secret-SBI-TS/SBI
-Top Secret-CISP-TS/CISP
-Top Secret-ISSA-TS/ISSA
-Top Secret-SAP-TS/SAP
-Top Secret-SCI-CI polygraph-TS/SCI/CI Poly
-Top Secret-SCI-Full/Scope Lifestyle-TS/SCI Lifestyle Poly
-Top Secret-SCI-TS/SCI
-Top Secret-SSBI-TS/SSBI
-Yankee White
-Technology

Ran across it browsing jobs
Some technology expo that requires a security clearance of some sort to attend, but that's all beside the point. Just thought I would post it if anyone is curious or needs it for future use

Edit: Didn't notice half of it was repeated
And yeah, looks like some of them might be in order. This has caused me to research and see if I can't find a full, ordered list.

[Edited on 25-3-2004 by pyxsul]

This is a good list let's see if we can find out what some of the more unusual ones on this list are for. I know that Yankee White is for the person that carries the Nuclear launch codes. Any guess on the others?

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 06:45 AM
link   
The others are pretty much self-explanatory, if you are familiar with the different Departments within our government. For example:

DOJ = Department of Justice
DOE = Department of Energy
DOD = Department of Defense
NATO = DUH...
SSBI = Single Scope Background Investigation
SCI = Special Compartmented Information
etc. etc. etc.

The abbreviations do not represent "levels" of access, they mainly represent the level of investigation conducted on the person holding the clearance. However, there are exceptions to this...

Mr. M

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   
you missed a few that I can think of. btw I sent that info along today star. They have nukes on navy ships? Thought they only had them on subs.

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 01:33 AM
link   
dood hook me up with some confidential documents

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Yeah right. You must be crazy if you think that anyone will just "give" you classified information. Just because you're on ATS doesn't mean you have some kind of "clearance" or a "need to know".

By the way, it's spelled "DUDE".

Mr. M

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I'm not sure, but do you think that if some security clearance is given only to 3 person, nobody will know?

3 Persons, it's really hard to find or to speak about in the World. Do you think?

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
how about cosmic top secret ?...what do you know about that star child ???? have you ever heard of it ??? and i would like to know if you do know and if you cant say thats fine .....

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
From en.wikipedia.org...

The United States government, for example, has a formal hierarchy of classification for secrets:

Top secret � this is the highest security level, and is defined as information which would cause "exceptionally grave damage" to national security if disclosed to the public. This classification is most often subdivided on the basis of "need to know", and includes such information as the design of cutting-edge weaponry, etc.

Secret � the second highest classification may include, for example, details of other security measures and procedures. It is defined as information which would cause "serious damage" to national security if disclosed.

Confidential � is the lowest classification level. It is defined as information which would "damage" national security if disclosed.

Sensitive but Unclassified (SBU) � data which is not related to national security but whose disclosure to the public could cause some harm; such data includes personal demographic information from recent censuses, for example. This category is often referred to as Unclassified/FOUO or for official use only.

Unclassified � not technically a "classification", this is the default, and refers to information that is not sensitive and can be freely disclosed to the public. Information which was previously classified under one of the above levels is often declared "unclassified" at a certain time because its age has made its classification no longer necessary. Past troop movements are one example; they may be of paramount importance before occurring, and shortly after, but ten years later will not require classification.

My comments: According to Disclosure Project witnesses there are various categories, or compartmentalizations within these classifications that deal with specific subjects. For example 'Cosmic' deals with UFO/ET issues, 'Crypto' for signals intelligence, etc. I've also heard of 'Umbra' and 'Ultra', but I don't know what projects they refer to. The point is to create separate and secure compartments of information. So on the ET/UFO issue you'd have Top Secret Cosmic information, that *might* deal with SR-71 interception of UFOs in the airspace of cooperating nations. Photos would be taken of the UFOs and presumably shared with multinational Alien Contact Intelligence Organization subscribers. Then you'd have Unclassified Cosmic which might be stuff like 'Project Bluebook', which would be like a public relations front to cover up and obscure the reality of the phenomena.

If anyone has knowledge to the contrary, I'd be happy to hear about it.

[Edited on 8-4-2004 by Condorcet]

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   
COSMIC Top Secret has nothing to do with aliens.

It is simply the highest level of classified information that can be shared between members of NATO. The NATO agreement calls for shared classified data of certain categories, and there are three levels of classification:

NATO Restricted
NATO Secret
COSMIC Top Secret

CTS usually involves only two trpes of information:

a) Cryptography shared between NATO members
b) NATO war fighting plans

Anything else?

[Edited on 9-4-2004 by Pyros]

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
A Q-clearance and a TS clearance
will get you access to TS nuclear information. One goes with the
other.

In my research, I have actually seen documents that were marked
with Top Secret Restricted that had absolutly nothing do with so
called "Restricted Data." From documents that I have seen from
the Archives, not to mention photocopys I have seen over the
years many highly classified documents were not stamped
properly, or created exactly as the manual said they should be
created, marked or stamped. This didn't diminish from the fact
that they were highly classified until they were declassified,
just career level govt workers, White House workers and staff
members didn't always "do it by the book."

>>I had also noted, in Archives, documents classified as SECRET
>>RESTRICTED and CONFIDENTIAL RESTRICTED..... When I worked on
>>classified programs relating to nuclear activities, one very
>>frequently saw SECRET RESTRICTED DATA and CONFIDENTIAL
>>RESTRICTED DATA on classified documents.
www.virtuallystrange.net...

There is indeed nothing above Top Secret. 38 levels above Top
Secret is bull! However, Special Access Programs (SAP) are the
way to make sure that access is only given to a few selected
individuals. As you said the whole concept of the security
program is 'need to know'. SAPs are generally compartmentalized
program in which the 'need to know' is greatly restricted. There
is collateral Top Secret information say, the size, deployment
and mission of enemy forces which large numbers of Top Secret
cleared personnel should know. And then there is Top Secret
Sensitive Compartmentalized Information (SCI) which requires
that an individual have a current Top Secret clearance with a
Special Background investigation. Top Secret clearance without
SCI access only requires the less extensive Background
Investigation. Secret and Confidential require the less
extensive ENTNAC, Entrance National Agency Check or NAC National
Agency Check.
www.virtuallystrange.net...

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
"In my research, I have actually seen documents that were marked with Top Secret Restricted that had absolutly nothing do with so called "Restricted Data." ...highly classified documents were not stamped
properly, or created exactly as the manual said they should be created"

In the '70s, any person who had TS clearance could make any document TS with a rubber stamp. People on a diet would have a milkshake, write " Sgt Lardo had a milkshake October 6 1975" and stamp it Top Secret. Now his coworkers can't tell his wife. This has been corrected since, but in the '70s many classified documents were spurious.

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Restricted Data can encompass alot more than just nuclear weapons. It can have anything to do with EM hardening, radiation, succeptability to EMP, or even electronic circuitry which could be used to control nuclear-capable systems, whether they are for weapons or power.

Materials that are truely sensitive regarding nukes are marked "CNWDI" (often pronounced 'sin-widdie'). This stands for Critical Nuclear Weapons Design Information, and you must have a special briefing before you can access this material.

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
hey star child ill give you a jillion dollars for some top secret info *raise eyebrows repeatedly* and i need top secret info on nuke launch codes cuz mr president said i could launch a free nuke ANYWHERE!

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
WHAT clearence does the president have?? is he restricted to some information or is he like a supremem being??

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Mr. M....
The term is 'catergorical security clearance', right?
(for the upper echelons)..
Just wonderin..
Havent been bothered to read pages 2 and 3 =)

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
i have a clearence too but mine is not too intresting...im glad that people know how far clearences go...i woner what kind of clearence you need to get into area51 and what they could be..i remeber a person at work showed me a badge that had a clearnce level on it...the badge looked kinda wierd and he said it was kis uncles from a long time back...its might have been an fbi badge ill look for it online and send a pic if anyone can id what type of clearence badge it was

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Missed this one! (Rhyolite Security Clearance!) Keyword Search

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Star C. you are right on the money baby i am in the navy and work in SpecWar i have a Top Secret clearance along with everybody else i work with .... just to get in the building where i work you must have this clearance it doesnt matter if your a Seal or a Yeoman. Seeing that SF86 brought back ugly memories as our liberty was secured a few months back until we all redid our forms and as you know that # takes hours to fill out especially when you dont have all the info on hand .

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
by the way the U.S.S. Pennsylvania is a boomer out of Kings Bay Georgia. Brings back bad memories

lm

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Winker,

In regards to your 'What about Rhyolite Clearance' I am writing to inform you that such clearance does not exist, nor has it ever. This idea was conjured up by Phil Schneider with Al Bielek. Whilst Phil DID work for the US government, Al Bielek has been debunked as a sad individual who was in it with Preston Nichols to make a bit of money. Preston is a known Peadophile and Al is nothing more than a compulsive lier.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join