It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sports Games these days

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I'm having issues with today's sports games.

I bought a baseball game recently, I think it's MLB 2K8. The graphics are very good, the realism is good, the stats are real, the rosters are real. The weather simulation is amazing down to the player's shirt waving in the wind if it's a windy day. It's downright amazing.

The problem that I have is it's not fun. The pitching is nearly impossible because you have to do these gestures to get it to work properly and if you're even slightly off the computer clobbers it. The hitting is terrible because it's all timing based and if you're a second too early or too late on either the step or the swing, you ground out.

I feel like this is an example of wrapping a turd in a pretty box. I used to really enjoy sports games when they were fun to play. Hitting was pressing X at the right time. Pitching was a different button per pitch.

I know people want "real" but this is crazy.

I am not a professional baseball player, I like video games. Should I even bother getting the hockey and football games when they come out or are they the same?

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I agree. Madden is okay with the controls but it's the stupid glitches that pisses me off. I like how sometimes a defenser will go right through my o-linemen and sack me. Or when I throw the ball to my reciever and it is about to hit my hands but floats to the defender's hand like if he had a power vacuum or something. QUIT TWEAKING THE GRAPHICS EVERY YEAR AND WORK ON THE GAME PLAY.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Yea, I suck at hitting in MLB the show and suck at college hoops 2k8. you have to learn so much to get into these sports games these days, and I don't really want to do that.

I'd recommend you check out a game called MLB Power Pros for the Wii/PS2/DS. Very fun game. Deep game too, great stat tracking and some interesting modes to play in. It's graphics are cartoony though, so be prepared for that.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
MLB The Show 07 is what I play for baseball, and I stick with Madden 04. Go Patriots! Although I do like to cheat, and know the cheats very well. Perfect team for as little money as possible is my favorite.

top topics

join