It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Society sucks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2003 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Why do people seperate them selves? They put themselves in little groups, race-wise, religion-wise, politically-wise, ect...

Why can't people unite, work for the betterment of society, mankind(womankind too), instead of for personal gain.

Believe it or not, everybody, and I mean everybody, works for their own personal comfort, not many sacrifice for society, or mankind.

posted on Jan, 15 2003 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Congratualtions you have just discovered the basic self survival instinct in humans.

Altruism - giving wihtout wanting to recieve, does not exist...

so what?

B

posted on Jan, 15 2003 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by joehayner
Believe it or not, everybody, and I mean everybody, works for their own personal comfort, not many sacrifice for society, or mankind.

Not here in Europe!

posted on Jan, 15 2003 @ 01:12 PM
link   
the alternative is that we'd all have to believe the same thing, have the same values, aims, etc. and that isn't likely to happen.

Initially, we were separated by geography, and being isolated, we developed different ideas and cultures.

However, I believe that the majority of us get along with each other and indeed, even become friends. Heck, in the office next to me, is a good friend of mine, and an ex-Isrealli Intelligence officer...down the hall, is another friend, a muslim from Iran. Mixed around the office, are African Americans, Oriental, etc. We all get along fine, and my gut feeling is that this is more the norm, than the exception...

posted on Jan, 15 2003 @ 01:23 PM
link   
When we work together in close proximity as Gazrok says he does its not a problem, people have the chance to know each other properly and respond well, the problems arise as we see with North Korea recently when Bush makes an ill advised comment about an axis of evil and the N koreans take offense at this and become more aggressive. Its the governements and religions that get in the way, if we could get rid of these I reckon we`d all be a bit more like gazroks place.

new topics

top topics

join