It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brown Lawn means jail time

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by logician magician

In case you haven't noticed, the economy is on a downhill slide. Maybe he has more important things in mind for his money, like making the mortgage. Maybe he figured, they would understand that paying it is more important than prettying up his grass.

====
Mod Edit: large quote removed, 'reply to' linked

[edit on 12/10/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
All hail the Eco-Facists...

Be green...

or else...

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
This is totally illogical that they could spend all this money in court on their power trip, but they couldn't just buy the sod for the lawn.

I did a public records search and came up with this:
*snip*

This case sites Fla statute 720.306 (2) now then this seems to be that statute, but I fail to see anything related to the subject there.

*snip*

====
Mod Edit: Personal financial information unrelated to topic removed.

[edit on 12/10/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oreyeon

In case you haven't noticed, the economy is on a downhill slide. Maybe he has more important things in mind for his money, like making the mortgage. Maybe he figured, they would understand that paying it is more important than prettying up his grass.

Oh *snip*.

I have better things to do than obey the speed limit, or obey rape laws. The economy is on a down turn and I can't afford my speeding tickets or prostitutes!

Hey, you're just like the rest. "Oh I can't this... and I can't that... it's not MY fault!!"

He figured they would understand ???

Spare me.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 10/11/2008 by maria_stardust]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   

MBF

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Florida statute 720.306 doesn't have anything to say about having dead grass. I hope he can sue the pants off those people. All this is, is a matter of money. Pay the lawyers to defend you, pay court costs, etc...... Too many people are paid to just go around and harass people over minor things. All of his neighbors should take notice and know that they could be next if they don't make a stand NOW.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
If this was me and I was being harrased by the idiot nazi homeowners association...After I got out of jail I would invest in a truck load of calcium chloride and keep it in a secret place and spend every night wandering around and salt every one of these idiots lawns for the next few months and let them pay for the damn grass reseeding on their own property. Kind of a reverse eco-terrorist!!! I know....its nasty but this kind of thing gets my revenge mojo going!!!

Zindo

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Good for him. He knew what he was getting into and that he was incircled by good people that are obviously better than him and to good to help there neighbor. The people of this community that think this is stupid should roundup there lawn and go down to the jail and demand to be locked up. But I would hate to suggest that Americans are good people that help there neighbor instead of spend there free time trying to find somthing wrong with everyone around them.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by logician magician

Originally posted by Oreyeon

Oh *snip*.

I have better things to do than obey the speed limit, or obey rape laws. The economy is on a down turn and I can't afford my speeding tickets or prostitutes!

Hey, you're just like the rest. "Oh I can't this... and I can't that... it's not MY fault!!"

He figured they would understand ???

Spare me.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 10/11/2008 by maria_stardust]

You want some spoiled dip for the chip on your shoulder pal? I'm not saying that he's not responsible at all for the situation he's in, but holy hell, it's GRASS!! He went to jail for grass! Do you not get the complete ridiculousness of that? If don't mow my yard, and some dink comes and threatens to put me away for it. I will gladly step up to his face, and state the following, "Pay my property taxes and my mortgage, and you can dictate to me all you want. Until then, shut your mouth and get off of my lawn before I have to hurt you."

His situation is a bit different because he moved in and agreed to these peoples' terms. But really, how about a little compassion. He's 66 years old. You know, screw that he's old. Just how about a little compassion. These days, a little decency can go a LONG ways. But then again, it would seem that thought has never occurred to you,...Chip.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by 2stepsfromtop

This is an outrage. But, those associations are a contract. With that said, I wish that these concerned neighbors would pitch in and help out rather than symbolicly burn crosses in his yard.

I remember moving once, to a State that was a long ways away. The night before I got in my new home, there was a major wind storm and I spent my first day at my new place with a chain saw and repairing a neighbors fence.
After I had piled the limbs and branches by size, I went to the Fire Dept. and paid for a burn permit. The permit allowed open burning, but I though it would be safer and less blatant if I got a barrel, which I did, and burned the piles bit by bit using a screen on top to keep hot ash from flight, and with a hose running at the barrels base the entire time.

Not even an hour into the burn, a car pulls in my driveway like they own the place and out pop two chunky ...what's the word I'm looking for...old hags..yeah that's the correct description.

They come up to me like maddened school marms and start scolding me and they saw smoke and thought there was a fire, tell me that it's illegal to burn in the city limits, and that this is not a good way to start as a resident in their town and that they were going straight to the fire marshall and I would be fined and blah blah blahh and that they were both on the city council and they didn't appreciate my disregard for blah blah blah
and it went on and on....for what seemed like a good 10 minutes.

I stood there in disbelief listening to this squacking thinking how it sounded like a couple (dozen) hens bickering about who got to peck the seed tossed on the ground. It was a scene that you would have had to see and hear to belive and still you would have to pinch yourself to make sure it wasn't a dream.

When they finally shut those flapping old hag beak lips,
I was finally able to speak.

Let me back up a bit. It was Friday before the trip and I was due to leave Monday. I needed my check from the house sale to get the moving truck. I went to get it when they finally cut it at about 4:00PM. I arrived at about 4:45PM to find the check was about $19,500.00 short. I exploded. It turned out that an equity lender, who had been paid off before closing, was mistakenly called by the dispursing company to insure the amount of their check was correct. They said that it sounded right, basically fraudulently trying to double dip as if it would be over looked somehow. I immediately called my attorney and he actually answered, (rare at almost 5:00PM on a friday) and I explained what happened. He wanted to speak with the check issuer and when I got my phone back, they were scurrying to contact the people involved and by the grace of God, they hung up the phone and asked if a second check would be acceptable.
I finished packing for the move just as the buyers of my old house arrived. There was still a large dumpster in the driveway, and I told them they could use it at no cost, since I knew they were going to rip the carpet up anyways, and gave them a number to call when they were done.

My woman was sick and violently tossed cookies all the night before, so I had to have our teenage daughter, (only with a permit) drive the car while I drove the moving truck.

My new house was due to close Tuesday Morning and it would be close to get there driving straight through.

My woman got worse by the hour and half way there, I let the dog out at a rest stop, and he wouldn't get back in. (he had never been in a vehicle before) and I couldn't catch him for about an hour.

After that, my woman had gotten so ill, that about three hours from destination, I had to stop, get her and the kids a motel room because she couldn't go on any further. I went in the truck the final three hours alone, and got to town about 10 minutes before the closing. I was exhausted.
Half way through the signings, the lender called, interupting the meeting demanding that a loan I was making payments on, with a balance of $1200.00 would need to be paid off or they would not complete the mortgage loan. They had misquoted the downpayment amount on a good faith estimate and had tried relentlessly to get out of the loan, but my broker whooped them like a red-headed step child at every attempt. This was the final straw. The broker was so P.O>ed (as was I obviously) that she stipulated she would deduct the loan payoff from her commission just to complete the deal. I was in her debt. (later, she bought the company and did very well indeed). Finally the deal was closed.

Now, with all of that, the windstorm and tree damage on move in day, getting a room set up for my ill woman for when she and the kids arrived, the cleanup and cost of permit, and fatigue,

this intrusion of the bickering old city council hags and their threats had been the push over the edge that they now would regret.

The golden silence was just enough to allow me to respond.

I started off, as I pulled the permit from my pocket, unfolding it with methodic intent...."What do you mean I can't burn in the city limits? According to my fire permit the marshall just issued me, not only am I permitted to burn here, in the city, it says I can open burn. I thought I would use this barrel and cover it with a screen with a hose to cool the base just for extra safety and as a courtesy to my new neighbors and the city. I don't know who the hell you think you are, and I honestly don't give a rat's as* who you are and if you don't get in your car and off of my property, I'm gonna dump this barrel over, call 911 and by the time the sherriff get's here, I'll have a bon-fire you'll be able to see from the other end of the canyon because my permit says I can.

I turned and walked towards the house, listening...there were no more words, just two doors shutting, the starter engaging, and the sound of an engine in retreat.

Since then, I never saw those ....beak-flapping-hag-councelwomen again, and after the crazy week, I felt satisfaction, and a smile formed.

Yeah, I bet without that permit, they would've harrassed me good, and I may have ended up like Gramps.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Have a look at there 17 page Deed restrictions or click on this link for the PDF file PDF of Deed Restrictions

I do like the section about Tyre size of your car....

They even have a rule on sand boxes in your backyard.

Trampolines, tree houses and swings attached to a tree (including tires on ropes) are not permitted at any time.

Better get that tape measure out - The sod grass shall be cut by the owner regularly so as to maintain a grass height of not more than 6 inches; grass that exceeds the height of 6 inches for more than 15 days is a violation of these restrictions; AND will get you the death penalty (3 Strikes Granddad)

I have seen covenants here in NZ but not 17 Pages.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Some of you are missing the point. This is supposed to be America "the land of the free". The outrage of the story is not that this individual went to jail, but in my opinion it is the fact that a court and home owners association has the jurisdiction to obtain a court order in regards to a persons lawn in the first place.

I have never lived in a community with CCRs but the fact that they have this kind of power seems to go against the foundation of this Country. But what do I know...

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
They are forcing people to poison the ground. Think about weed and feed products to kill the weeds because its to hard to pull them out all the time....that goes into the soil.....this is totally NON organic and its a pervasive poison the chemical companys are making sure is spread far and wide across the land to poison our ground water.
I am sure the elite have no problems with this situation....more of the useless eaters being unable to reproduce, and dying young.....the prevalence of immune system malfunction being caused in both plant and animal kingdoms.

Its wrong on so many levels....the conspiracy of 'you gotta have a green lawn' and how its been so shoved down our throats by showing us all how is is SUPPOSED to be via television shows. Suddenly everyones dream is as it should be with the deep green lawn and the white picket fences.....

Its incredibly stupid in places like Phoenix, Las Vegas....other arid four corners towns......wasting drinkable water and chemically feeding these lawns,,,,

~BUT~
if you live in an area with a home owners association you have no choice but to follow the rules. Thats the basic premise OF the association. If you want to go against the grain of the group agreement you need to sell that place and buy one that is not bound by rules of an association....or accept the consequentness of whatever fines or punishment that comes with breaking the rules. This is how many groups of people agree to live together in harmony will set things up.

I had to pay a fine for noxious weeds once.
I let the thistles get to high.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Just when I thought things could not get any more pathetic with the way the human race is heading, I read this thread.

Not so much the fact a 66 year old man is incarcerated for the state of his lawn, but the fact there is someone here pontificating about the necessity of it and justifying it with bureaucratic bunk. A sickening urge to vomit wells up inside me, just considering the situation.

Dear god, roll on Armageddon, the sooner the earth is free of people like this, the better off things will be. I mean, logic such as that, is far from magical, it's ridiculous and ill.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Contact Info:
Beacon Woods Civic Association

Maggi Kosuda, Manager
12440 Clocktower Pkwy.
Bayonet Point FL 34667
727-863-1267

Office Hours: M-F 9-5
[email protected]
[email protected]

I sent them an email to let them know what I think of their fascism, and will be calling them in the morning too.

WILL YOU STAND UP AGAINST THESE PETTY NAZIS TOO?

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Oreyeon

beautiful point! i starred that post because i can't stress enough how badly some people need a good, swift kick to the groin!

EDIT: oh and "theRiverGoddess" is absolutely right. my dad lives in a homeowner's association, and those nazi's will come by at 3:30 in the morning and take a picture of your yard. our driveway could only hold 2 cars, and i got my dad in trouble for parking right in front of his house, but where else was i suppossed to park?! he lives in a cul-de-sac for heaven's sake! homeowner's associations are EVIL profit-mongering elitist scum!

[edit on 12-10-2008 by adrenochrome]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
In states that have water shortages it should be illegal to have a lawn. This poor man was treated very badly. His neighbors should try to help him get his yard landscaped so there is no lawn. Only ornamental gravel.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
70 Year Old Woman Arrested for Not Watering Lawn
KSLTV
BBC

July 9 2007

A 70-year-old US woman has been left bruised and bloody after an unexpected clash with police who came to caution her for not watering her lawn.

Trouble flared when Utah pensioner Betty Perry, 70, refused to give her name after being upbraided because her garden breached local regulations.

She says the officer hit her with handcuffs, cutting her nose, although police insist she slipped and fell. She was treated in a local hospital for the cut to her nose and for other bruises before being taken to jail.

After being arrested, Perry is now scared of the police. She says, "Don't ever say no when the police tell you do to something. You better do what they tell you no matter what, even if you don't have anybody to help you. You've got to do what they tell you or they will hurt you."

[edit on 12-10-2008 by METACOMET]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
u are right logician magician a contract is a contract the jait contracted to
house 782, and they broke thir contract housing 1,132 so sue the city.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join