It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chechnya Hit By Deadly Earthquake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Chechnya Hit By Deadly Earthquake

news.sky.com

At least 12 people have been killed and more than 100 injured in a strong earthquake which hit Chechnya.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I LL not HARP on about this. I m Just thought you all may be intrested by it?
The quake hit the Russian region around 1pm (0900 GMT) and was centred on the north east region of the capital Grozny.

It damaged scores of buildings, including hospitals and schools, and reached as far as neighbouring Georgia and Armenia.

The US Geological Institute recorded the quake at 5.3 on the Richter scale and said its epicentre was 40 kilometres east of Grozny and 10 kilometres underground.

Oleg Grekov, a regional Emergency Situations Ministry official, said the quake and aftershocks rattled Grozny for more than 30 seconds.

It reverberated through the Caucasus mountains and also caused extensive damage to roads, power supplies and communication.

More than 50,000 people in three Chechen districts were left without electricity, according to the Russian emergency situations ministry.

More than 60 people are reported to have received medical help in the hardest hit Chechen towns, which included Grozny and Gudermes.

And its not even the 14 OCT yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 11/10/08 by freemindmine]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Very interesting indeed thanks for posting.
I wont HARRP on about it either but I think we can see that where these natural disasters are needed all of a sudden they almost always pop up on cue every time.
But of course that's all just a coincidence isn't it?

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I wonder where the next natural disaster will take place? Will it have anything to do with Politics of the world I wonder, Surely not!
I m thinking there may be a natural disaster in the USA next, only time will tell and I m no Ronald Weiland.

new topics

top topics

join